Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town 11:54 - Dec 13 with 3425 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Rotherham and Blackburn supporters will be utterly baffled by that, but it shows that McKenna knows what he's looking for in his "profile" and knows how to improve players and utilize them best.

He's only going to get better too.
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 11:56 - Dec 13 with 3394 viewsStokieBlue

Should have had another one last night - no idea why that was ruled out. He's also on 6 assists for the season.

He's a quality player and I think his goal scoring numbers are going to start picking up as well even though he offers far more than just that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 12:07 - Dec 13 with 3298 viewsIllinoisblue

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 11:56 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

Should have had another one last night - no idea why that was ruled out. He's also on 6 assists for the season.

He's a quality player and I think his goal scoring numbers are going to start picking up as well even though he offers far more than just that.

SB

From the highlights looked like a foul by Burgess on the defender

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 12:13 - Dec 13 with 3244 viewsBigCommon

He has gone on little streaks in the past, both here and at Pompey.. Hoping he can go on a little run of goals now.. Absolutely love the man.. Always putting in a shift, always smiling and usually one of the first in the queue when it comes to sticking up for team mates on the pitch... When you listen to players like Chaplin talk about him. You just know he's earned his spurs.... What a signing.
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 12:16 - Dec 13 with 3215 viewsDarkBrandon

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 12:13 - Dec 13 by BigCommon

He has gone on little streaks in the past, both here and at Pompey.. Hoping he can go on a little run of goals now.. Absolutely love the man.. Always putting in a shift, always smiling and usually one of the first in the queue when it comes to sticking up for team mates on the pitch... When you listen to players like Chaplin talk about him. You just know he's earned his spurs.... What a signing.

Doing fantastically isn’t he?

This is another example to me of the genius of our manager. Hirst did fine when he first joined us - but wasn’t spectacular. I couldn’t have imagined that he’d be leading our line so effectively in the Championship, but KM clearly did.
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 12:25 - Dec 13 with 3145 viewsBigCommon

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 12:16 - Dec 13 by DarkBrandon

Doing fantastically isn’t he?

This is another example to me of the genius of our manager. Hirst did fine when he first joined us - but wasn’t spectacular. I couldn’t have imagined that he’d be leading our line so effectively in the Championship, but KM clearly did.

Exactly... He's really brought into the unselfish, team ethic.. And it must be easy to buy into it more and more, as we keep doing well... He's a rare gem , for a front man. They are renowned for being a bit selfish. The problem we might have, is finding a like for like in the window...
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 12:45 - Dec 13 with 3030 viewsBseaBlue

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 11:56 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

SB

He doesn't seem to get much joy with the refs does he? Time and time again you see him getting pulled all over the place without being given a sniff from the officials.

The ruled out header was a joke.
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 13:28 - Dec 13 with 2861 viewsDinDjarin

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 12:07 - Dec 13 by Illinoisblue

From the highlights looked like a foul by Burgess on the defender

Yep it was Burgess who was penalised.

Hirst also hit the inside of the post.
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 13:40 - Dec 13 with 2748 views_clive_baker_

He was excellent last night, as he has been all season.
Login to get fewer ads

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 14:04 - Dec 13 with 2623 viewsbournemouthblue

Accidentally downthumbed, my bad!

Hirst does a very important job for us, we aren't as good a side with him off the field.

He will grow with us, we also probably know we can find someone a bit more dynamic if we have the luxury of making it to the Prem

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 15:19 - Dec 13 with 2483 viewsMetal_Hacker

I think the guy is superb !

Allows us to play in the style we do as much as any other player and is very influential but in a different way to Morsy but just as important

His work rate is top class and his one on one finishing is top drawer

Long may it continue but my God I hope we get him some help in January

Poll: If it were one or the other

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 15:26 - Dec 13 with 2431 viewsBloomBlue

Looking forward to his first hatrick of the season against Leicester. Its bound to happen, x-player and all that.
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 15:26 - Dec 13 with 2424 viewswkj

Look at Ellis Simms too- 8m or whatever for Coventry and hasn't looked value for money at all - does that means Simms is crap or his coaching and management is crap?.

You can't help but ponder whether or not Simms would have been a beast under McK's coaching

Funny old game when managers are hired and fired on results (or name value*) and rarely valued for instilling an ethos and mentoring players.

*Zola (2016, Brum), Rooney (2023, Brum) Keane (2019, Ipswich)
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 15:28]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 16:39 - Dec 13 with 2281 viewsBigCommon

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 15:26 - Dec 13 by wkj

Look at Ellis Simms too- 8m or whatever for Coventry and hasn't looked value for money at all - does that means Simms is crap or his coaching and management is crap?.

You can't help but ponder whether or not Simms would have been a beast under McK's coaching

Funny old game when managers are hired and fired on results (or name value*) and rarely valued for instilling an ethos and mentoring players.

I dare say our coaching staff would get a bit more out of Simms (assuming he has the right attitude)... But , atm, it s looking like we dodged a bullet, there.. And unearthed a gem in Hirsty.
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 17:13 - Dec 13 with 2196 viewsjayessess

According to Transfermarkt, here's a list of strikers who cost more than George Hirst (€1.75m, 6 goals, 6 assists) this Summer:

Joel Piroe €14m (8 goals, 1 assist)
Ross Stewart €9.3m (0/0)
Haji Wright €9m (5/1)
Tom Cannon €8m (0/0)
Ellis Simms €7m (2/0)
Emmanuel Latte Lath €5m (4/0)
Ryan Mmaee €4m (2/1)
Jerry Yates €2.8m (6/0)
Milutin Osmajic €2.5m (4/2)
Nazariy Rusyn €2.5m (0/1)
Kevin Nisbet €2.34m (4/0)
Mileta Rajovic €2m (7/0)
Mykola Kuharevych €2m (1/0)

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 19:41 - Dec 13 with 1945 viewsDubtractor

He was excellent last night, and on Saturday.

Seems to be getting better the longer he is with us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 20:16 - Dec 13 with 1845 viewsbournemouthblue

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 17:13 - Dec 13 by jayessess

According to Transfermarkt, here's a list of strikers who cost more than George Hirst (€1.75m, 6 goals, 6 assists) this Summer:

Ross Stewart €9.3m (0/0)
Haji Wright €9m (5/1)
Tom Cannon €8m (0/0)
Ellis Simms €7m (2/0)
Ryan Mmaee €4m (2/1)
Jerry Yates €2.8m (6/0)
Mileta Rajovic €2m (7/0)

Yates was one we were also linked with, prior to wanting Hirst?

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 20:20 - Dec 13 with 1827 viewswitchdoctor

2019?
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 07:40 - Dec 14 with 1455 viewsbournemouthblue

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 20:20 - Dec 13 by witchdoctor

2019?

Yeh, that seems a bit recent, he's way further back than that, looks like 2011

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 07:42 - Dec 14 with 1447 viewsbournemouthblue

I don't think think Simms is quite as mobile as Hirst, Robins doesn't seem to favour him which is all a bit bizarre

He did seem to I cause a bit of chaos when he came on, resulting in that bizarre own goal from Williams, none the less?

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 08:10 - Dec 14 with 1368 viewsStewart27

I absolutely love him.

Honestly I think he’s the most un-selfish player I’ve ever seen. To the point where it may be a slight negative!

He doesn’t ever get the rub of the green from the refs. And he gets a lot of balls played into him very quickly from our boys too.

There’s nothing I’d love more than to see him score in front of that bogey coloured block on Saturday.
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 08:11 - Dec 14 with 1358 viewsDanTheMan

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 07:42 - Dec 14 by bournemouthblue

I don't think think Simms is quite as mobile as Hirst, Robins doesn't seem to favour him which is all a bit bizarre

He did seem to I cause a bit of chaos when he came on, resulting in that bizarre own goal from Williams, none the less?

Because he fouled him, yeah.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 08:24 - Dec 14 with 1302 viewsSteve_M

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 17:13 - Dec 13 by jayessess

Ross Stewart €9.3m (0/0)
Haji Wright €9m (5/1)
Tom Cannon €8m (0/0)
Ellis Simms €7m (2/0)
Ryan Mmaee €4m (2/1)
Jerry Yates €2.8m (6/0)
Mileta Rajovic €2m (7/0)

Incidentally, I thought Latte Lath looked pretty decent on Saturday right up until it came to his final ball or shot. He certainly gave Wolfy a game on the air and on the ground, suspect he'll develop into a good player in time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 09:22 - Dec 14 with 1194 viewsRobTheMonk

Chaplin is also the perfect player in behind. Hirst is a wonderful space creator and Chappers has the knack of finding those spaces.

Chappers has developed so much under McKenna.
George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 10:18 - Dec 14 with 1110 viewsjayessess

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 08:24 - Dec 14 by Steve_M

Incidentally, I thought Latte Lath looked pretty decent on Saturday right up until it came to his final ball or shot. He certainly gave Wolfy a game on the air and on the ground, suspect he'll develop into a good player in time.

Yeah, I thought he looked decent, Boro fans reckon his finishing is a bit erratic but all round game is good. Quick, bust, good spring (beat Woolfie in the air once, although only because he had a run-up and Woolfie was stationary).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

George Hirst now with 12 goals for Town on 10:23 - Dec 14 with 1078 viewsthorpedo

I thought he gave the complete centre forward performance against Watford. Poachers goal, constant running, great hold up play and one superb turn to beat both their centre backs. I love him!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 10:24]

Thorpedo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024