Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow 13:34 - Nov 28 with 4377 viewsnoggin

I have a horrible feeling.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:39 - Nov 28 with 2856 viewshomer_123

I think we'll bounce back from the weekend. I actually think we'll win comfortably.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:40 - Nov 28 with 2845 viewsBlueBadger

Well, I never had Noggin down as being Frimmers' sockpuppeteer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:41 - Nov 28 with 2836 viewsSWBlue22

Probably go 0-1 down but win 3-1.
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:42 - Nov 28 with 2827 viewsDanTheMan

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:41 - Nov 28 by SWBlue22

Probably go 0-1 down but win 3-1.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:43 - Nov 28 with 2827 viewsthorpedo

Millwall have only lost one away game all season. Could be a frustrating night. I do think we will win though.

Thorpedo

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:48 - Nov 28 with 2786 viewsBiGDonnie

4-0 Town. Easy.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:52 - Nov 28 with 2765 viewsnodge_blue

That horrible feeling you've got, that's called being a football fan.

We are in a mini slump and have been for a little while. Only the players commitment to the cause has kept us ticking over this last month.

We need to try and get control of the game more again. Keep possession. Stop looking to just break fast - which I think teams have sussed out a a bit.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:54 - Nov 28 with 2742 viewsKieran_Knows

What will be, will be.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:54 - Nov 28 with 2739 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Millwall will be a tough contest tbh, I am not feeling amazing about it given our wobbles at the back and that we struggle with some of the meatier teams in the Championship. They absolutely won’t let us play our game that’s for sure, we just have to hope we have the individual quality to win it.

On the overall picture, I still expect Leicester, Leeds and Southampton to be promoted, but the fact we’re even up there is a huge achievement in itself. We can’t have any complaints about this season, we’ve already achieved more than we could have hoped.
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:59 - Nov 28 with 2702 viewsStu_Magoo

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:52 - Nov 28 by nodge_blue

We are in a mini slump and have been for a little while. Only the players commitment to the cause has kept us ticking over this last month.

We need to try and get control of the game more again. Keep possession. Stop looking to just break fast - which I think teams have sussed out a a bit.

I've got faith that over the next few games, McKenna has the nous to tweak our tactics.

Seems lately teams think they've found "a way to play against Ipswich" and our lives have been made a little more difficult for it.
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 14:00 - Nov 28 with 2692 viewsSitfcB

Big, big win.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 14:21 - Nov 28 with 2622 views_clive_baker_

I don't think it'll be straight forward by any stretch, they're a pretty seasoned and hard nosed Championship side who have barely finished outside the top 10 at this level for the best part of 5 years. Not a glamorous side, but effective and know their way around the league.

Their away form over the last couple of months has been draws at a pre Rooney Birmingham, draw at WBA (and we know how handy they are), 2-0 win at Plymouth and not many do that, a draw at Preston, draw at Watford, and 4-0 win at Hillsborough. They've also won away at Boro this season and their only defeat on the road was at Norwich.

They're a tough nut, and while I don't see much cause for huge concern with our own form (despite the result on Saturday), I do think it's probably true that at some point results will start to level off a bit. I can't see us taking 39 points from the next 17 like we did the first.

Big one for Burns and / or Hutchinson tomorrow, especially if Wallace starts at left back. They can have him on toast. Norton-Cuffy on the other side is a player. Arsenal loanee, England U21 international. Scarlett up against him could be interesting, presumably know each other well.
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 14:24 - Nov 28 with 2588 viewsJakeITFC

I think Millwall getting slapped at the weekend may end up working in our favour because I don't see their new manager coming here and risking a high press and intensity type tactic, and that has been our undoing of late.

They might come here and sit in which may be frustrating if we don't get an early goal (or if we concede our customary one), but I'd fancy us more in a game like that than the opposite.

I expect Coventry at the weekend to be the complete opposite, think any score is possible then.
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 14:31 - Nov 28 with 2545 viewsexeterblue10

Feels like Port Vale H last season to me…
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 14:33 - Nov 28 with 2532 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Wrong login, illinois
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 14:59 - Nov 28 with 2440 viewsfarkenhell

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 13:52 - Nov 28 by nodge_blue

Mini slump? The last home game (Swansea), I thought the performance, first half in particular, was as good as anything we have produced so far this season. Sure, we were nowhere near clinical enough, but we thoroughly dominated for most of the game and created 6 or 7 very good opportunities. On another day, we could (and should) have scored a hatful of goals.
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 15:06 - Nov 28 with 2390 viewstractorboy1978

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 14:59 - Nov 28 by farkenhell

Mini slump? The last home game (Swansea), I thought the performance, first half in particular, was as good as anything we have produced so far this season. Sure, we were nowhere near clinical enough, but we thoroughly dominated for most of the game and created 6 or 7 very good opportunities. On another day, we could (and should) have scored a hatful of goals.

A mini slump where we have picked up 11 points from 6 games (4 of those away from home). It's nonsense.
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 15:15 - Nov 28 with 2364 viewsOsborneOneNil

Tbf, I know what noggin means, a seed of doubt is there after Saturday.

But, we have been superb at home, and Millwall just lost 0-3 at home.

A nice, relaxed, 2-0 please.
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 15:30 - Nov 28 with 2306 viewsnodge_blue

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 14:59 - Nov 28 by farkenhell

Yeah mini slump is a bit much. I just mean we have dipped in our performances. It feels like that. Im not saying we are rubbish. Its part of the natural rhythm of a team in a season. But i do feel we need to get chaplin involved more

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 15:49 - Nov 28 with 2198 viewsTheBoyBlue

They'll be tough after we've given our usual goal head-start in the first 5 minutes, but we've overcome tougher.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 16:14 - Nov 28 with 2128 viewsfarkenhell

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 15:30 - Nov 28 by nodge_blue

Yeah mini slump is a bit much. I just mean we have dipped in our performances. It feels like that. Im not saying we are rubbish. Its part of the natural rhythm of a team in a season. But i do feel we need to get chaplin involved more

If we repeat the performance against Swansea, take more of those clear-cut chances and perhaps don't concede a soft goal at the end, then we'll win comfortably. Against Millwall or, in fact, any team in this division.
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 16:24 - Nov 28 with 2096 viewsFacefacts

Ah, the post no one wanted to make..

It will be a big achievement to win
Wheels started to fall off at the wrong time.
Broadhead targeted and tired, can we tell him to retire from international duty
Chaplin probably surviving on 1 hour's sleep per night

Agree with KM on the early goals thing.
Assuming we weren't going to get the foul for obstruction/offside, it was a lucky/good header.
Things starting to go against us a bit.
Both WBA goals went in off posts. Well we did get the best of things in the FA Cup semi final
Fight required and hope to get the three pts. C o y b s
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 16:36 - Nov 28 with 2030 viewsDubtractor

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 15:06 - Nov 28 by tractorboy1978

A mini slump where we have picked up 11 points from 6 games (4 of those away from home). It's nonsense.

If we maintain that 6 game form over the rest of the season we'll get 92 points.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 16:56 - Nov 28 with 1955 viewsbraveblue

Absolutely correct. We were brilliant. One bad game……….
Somebody please assure me we'll get 3 points tomorrow on 16:57 - Nov 28 with 1956 viewsDubtractor

In response to the OP, I'm actually feeling confident. Feels like it might be a decent time to play them - change of manager who is trying to implement a different style, but with the players inherited much more used to a direct/aggressive style of play. really worth remembering that we have played some excellent football in every home game this season, as well as scoring a bucketload of goals in the process.

2-0 win and a much overdue clean sheet.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024