Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. 20:31 - Nov 27 with 2246 viewsMattinLondon

I’m buying a secret Santa present for someone at work - they are learning to play the guitar and I am wondering what would be (if any) a good ‘accessory’ for a guitar player. Present around the £10 mark.

Thanks in advance.
Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 20:41 - Nov 27 with 2206 viewsSwansea_Blue

Don’t be a tight arse:
https://www.semitone.app/products/1959-fender-stratocaster-original-sunburst-ohs

Music sheets, spare strings, voucher toward lessons?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 20:44 - Nov 27 with 2194 viewsMullet

Plectrums, there's a product called Fast Fret which is good too, or a little stand for their phone if they're using any apps

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 20:45 - Nov 27 with 2188 viewscatch74

‘Play like Jimi’ manual and lighter fluid.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 20:50 - Nov 27 with 2170 viewsredrickstuhaart

Clip electronic tuner

Though likely to already have one?
Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 20:51 - Nov 27 with 2163 viewsMattinLondon

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 20:41 - Nov 27 by Swansea_Blue

Don’t be a tight arse:
https://www.semitone.app/products/1959-fender-stratocaster-original-sunburst-ohs

Music sheets, spare strings, voucher toward lessons?

I would be seriously interested in buying that guitar but I don’t like the colour.
Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 20:56 - Nov 27 with 2148 viewsblueasfook

Hal Leonard Guitar Method. Bible for beginners. Can personally recommend.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hal-Leonard-Guitar-Method-Online/dp/0793533929/ref=mp_s

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 21:07 - Nov 27 with 2099 viewsSwansea_Blue

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 20:51 - Nov 27 by MattinLondon

I would be seriously interested in buying that guitar but I don’t like the colour.

Is that normal? Do people actually play them or just invest in them? I’ve no idea.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 21:13 - Nov 27 with 2085 viewsMelford

Spare strings, pack of Ernie Bell slinkies. Everybody has a load of plectrums and gear, but not everybody has spare strings if one breaks. As a guitarist of 30 years a pack of new strings would make me very happy,

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 21:22 - Nov 27 with 2058 viewsMattinLondon

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 21:07 - Nov 27 by Swansea_Blue

Is that normal? Do people actually play them or just invest in them? I’ve no idea.

No idea, I’m more of an air guitarist myself.
Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 21:28 - Nov 27 with 2039 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

Capo
Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 21:43 - Nov 27 with 2010 viewsEwan_Oozami

Guitar stand, something like this:

You can never have enough guitar stands......

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 21:57 - Nov 27 with 1997 viewsericclacton

The sheet music of Frank Zappa.........great fun but hard work.

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 22:07 - Nov 27 with 1982 viewsfactual_blue

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 21:57 - Nov 27 by ericclacton

The sheet music of Frank Zappa.........great fun but hard work.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 22:15 - Nov 27 with 1963 viewsfactual_blue

A 1995 Dumble Overdrive Special amp.

Possibly just over the £10 mark.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 23:34 - Nov 27 with 1884 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Angus Young.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 23:36 - Nov 27 with 1879 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Tuner.
Capo.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 00:08 - Nov 28 with 1857 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Someone suggested a capo. My favourite is the Shubb C1 but may be a bit over the £10 budget.

With respect to Melford, above, if you go for strings, and if your colleague is playing acoustic guitar, then something a bit meatier than slinkies would probably be better. Maybe Earthwood LIghts (11-52) or Medium LIghts (12-54).

Other suggestions...
a comprehensive book of chord diagrams
guitar strap
Cleaning kit.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 08:10 - Nov 28 with 1758 viewsBlueBoots

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 20:44 - Nov 27 by Mullet

Plectrums, there's a product called Fast Fret which is good too, or a little stand for their phone if they're using any apps

Rather than plectrums, one of these to make your own...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296075279479?hash=item44ef763c77:g:4psAAOSwOlplH905&a

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 08:52 - Nov 28 with 1735 viewsblueasfook

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 21:13 - Nov 27 by Melford

Spare strings, pack of Ernie Bell slinkies. Everybody has a load of plectrums and gear, but not everybody has spare strings if one breaks. As a guitarist of 30 years a pack of new strings would make me very happy,

Man, I have a drawer full of them. I buy them in packs. Works out cheaper.

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 09:06 - Nov 28 with 1717 viewsblueasfook

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 22:07 - Nov 27 by factual_blue

It's not written in TAB, I wouldn't be able to play it.

There's a great sketch about that...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1618270768218176

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 09:49 - Nov 28 with 1678 viewsKeno

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 08:52 - Nov 28 by blueasfook

Man, I have a drawer full of them. I buy them in packs. Works out cheaper.

I dont think this thread is about condoms tho

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 11:43 - Nov 28 with 1623 viewsElephantintheRoom

Download a free tracks of epic guitar solos from YouTube to give something to aim for

If he’s really serious give him a Django Reinhardt CD.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 13:36 - Nov 28 with 1561 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 11:43 - Nov 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Download a free tracks of epic guitar solos from YouTube to give something to aim for

If he’s really serious give him a Django Reinhardt CD.

...and lop a couple of fingers off.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 13:49 - Nov 28 with 1549 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Metronome
Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 17:01 - Nov 28 with 1449 viewsronnyd

Advice needed from the guitar players of TWTD. on 13:49 - Nov 28 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Metronome

Click and Collect?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024