Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LEEDS 12:26 - Nov 14 with 5440 viewsCLYDE

Recently reading that Jed Spence will be fit to play after the international break.
Apparently they will be bringing in additions to the squad in January.
Summerville will be staying. Gnonto may leave in January - although he has not been playing that much in the last 4-5 weeks. Leeds are the biggest threat to Ipswich without a doubt.
Although a fantastic start to the season , we must remind ourselves that there are 30 games to play - with games against Leicester to play twice.

LEEDS on 12:35 - Nov 14 with 3917 viewsN2_Blue

and we can be better than both of Leeds and Leicester. I'm not saying we will but we can definitely beat them.

On another day we would have beaten Leeds at PR, Sinesterra was very good for them that day and he got sold not long after. They may well strengthen in Jan but so will we.

It annoyed me when fans said they wanted Leicester to beat Leeds because they'd given the title to Leicester already. Why? A draw would have best best as it takes a point out of the league. Now look, not quite so rosy for them.

Leciester have a good squad but they're not performing any better than we are and they've drawn a blank in their last two games which must be a concern for them. They've won plenty of games by a single goal late on. We can beat them at home and compete with them all the way.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

LEEDS on 12:37 - Nov 14 with 3892 viewsWeekender

I think Leeds may end up winning the title. They are strong defensively and their forward line is crazy for this level. On top of that they have a manager who has won this division twice.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

LEEDS on 12:48 - Nov 14 with 3789 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Lets be realistic, they have a great squad and a tonne more resources than us, as do Leicester and Southampton. They will be flexing their strength in the markets come January, there is nothing we can do about that. The good thing is everyone is writing us off as a flash in the pan who can't maintain form, the Leeds support believe they will walk past us over the next month or so and we'll be dead in the water, and that's exactly what we want them to think.

If we can beat them at their place, that will be a dent in their morale and self belief, whereas we have already lost to Leeds and recovered just fine. Leicester have lost games too and aren't as invincible as everyone once thought. We have had some sheer disasters in defence and still not lost games, bar Leeds. Leeds were gifted a goal in that game, which is why we didn't end up with a point but we have improved since.

If we finish in the top half, but playing like we are, we will have had a good season. Anything else is a bonus.
LEEDS on 12:49 - Nov 14 with 3785 viewsBasuco

For me, it would be a major surprise if Leeds and Leicester were not top two in May, Southampton will also be up there as well. I think Town, Middlesbrough and Sunderland and Westbrom for the playoffs.
LEEDS on 12:50 - Nov 14 with 3764 viewsCLYDE

LEEDS on 12:35 - Nov 14 by N2_Blue

and we can be better than both of Leeds and Leicester. I'm not saying we will but we can definitely beat them.

On another day we would have beaten Leeds at PR, Sinesterra was very good for them that day and he got sold not long after. They may well strengthen in Jan but so will we.

It annoyed me when fans said they wanted Leicester to beat Leeds because they'd given the title to Leicester already. Why? A draw would have best best as it takes a point out of the league. Now look, not quite so rosy for them.

Leciester have a good squad but they're not performing any better than we are and they've drawn a blank in their last two games which must be a concern for them. They've won plenty of games by a single goal late on. We can beat them at home and compete with them all the way.

I saw the Leicester v Leeds game.
Unfortunately Leeds are playing great football now - I do take on board that Ipswich will recruit in January - Leeds will spend big in January without a doubt and will bring in additional quality.

They may be unstoppable in the 2nd half of the season - they could win the league.
We must be realistic thats all i am trying to say.
Leeds beat Leiceseter and Ipswich away as we know - they are currently the inform team, and a fortress at their ground.
Also just look at Southampton now, there climbing up the table with good performances.
LEEDS on 12:52 - Nov 14 with 3753 viewsnodge_blue

I asked AI to calculate our probability of promotion and it gave a 60% chance. So Im backing mr robot.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

LEEDS on 12:54 - Nov 14 with 3731 viewsJimmyJazz

LEEDS on 12:48 - Nov 14 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Lets be realistic, they have a great squad and a tonne more resources than us, as do Leicester and Southampton. They will be flexing their strength in the markets come January, there is nothing we can do about that. The good thing is everyone is writing us off as a flash in the pan who can't maintain form, the Leeds support believe they will walk past us over the next month or so and we'll be dead in the water, and that's exactly what we want them to think.

If we can beat them at their place, that will be a dent in their morale and self belief, whereas we have already lost to Leeds and recovered just fine. Leicester have lost games too and aren't as invincible as everyone once thought. We have had some sheer disasters in defence and still not lost games, bar Leeds. Leeds were gifted a goal in that game, which is why we didn't end up with a point but we have improved since.

If we finish in the top half, but playing like we are, we will have had a good season. Anything else is a bonus.

While I agree with your last paragraph in principle, if we finish 11th i doubt many will see that as a success

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

LEEDS on 13:04 - Nov 14 with 3575 viewsBiGDonnie

Fcuk Leeds.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

LEEDS on 13:05 - Nov 14 with 3566 viewsketton_itfc

Couldn't care less about them, Leicester, Southampton or any other team. On our day we can beat anyone in this league and probably the EPL too. We've shown for getting on a year now tremendous consistency and are getting better and better. One or two additions in January and who knows? No pressure on the team and KM now so can relax and continue learning, improving and building. Wherever we finish it's been a tremendous run.

The pressure is on those parachute clubs who are expected to make a return, esp Farke. One or two indifferent results and the pressure mounts on them. They do have some terrific attacking talent but they've hardly been blowing teams away. The media can let them dictate the narrative and we'll do our thing, quietly and efficiently.
LEEDS on 13:10 - Nov 14 with 3516 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Probably the best squad in the division, with a manager who's got promotions from this level. If they don't get top two, they will need to take a long hard look at themselves.

But for now, we have the position, its in our hands and we are a very good team. So lets just keep going.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

LEEDS on 13:12 - Nov 14 with 3490 viewsReusersTown

Your first comment and it's all about Leeds... telling.
LEEDS on 13:16 - Nov 14 with 3443 viewsCLYDE

LEEDS on 13:05 - Nov 14 by ketton_itfc

Couldn't care less about them, Leicester, Southampton or any other team. On our day we can beat anyone in this league and probably the EPL too. We've shown for getting on a year now tremendous consistency and are getting better and better. One or two additions in January and who knows? No pressure on the team and KM now so can relax and continue learning, improving and building. Wherever we finish it's been a tremendous run.

The pressure is on those parachute clubs who are expected to make a return, esp Farke. One or two indifferent results and the pressure mounts on them. They do have some terrific attacking talent but they've hardly been blowing teams away. The media can let them dictate the narrative and we'll do our thing, quietly and efficiently.

have ipswich blown all the opposition away ? I
LEEDS on 13:18 - Nov 14 with 3428 viewsCLYDE

LEEDS on 13:12 - Nov 14 by ReusersTown

Your first comment and it's all about Leeds... telling.

I fear Southampton as well.
Just being realistic thats all.
LEEDS on 13:21 - Nov 14 with 3362 viewsFrimleyBlue

LEEDS on 13:18 - Nov 14 by CLYDE

Why are you fearing anyone.

We are 8 points ahead.

The only fear is with ourselves.

Nothing leeds or southampton can do if we continue to pick up wins regardless of how good their squads are.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

LEEDS on 13:22 - Nov 14 with 3377 viewsnodge_blue

You seem to know a lot about their injury situation and transfer plans. And it’s your first post.

We don’t need to fear anyone cos we are not expected to be top two.

And Ipswich will almost certainly recruit in January too.

Let’s just assume you’re a Leeds fan and have done with it.

And who is Jed Spence anyway.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 13:24]

LEEDS on 13:23 - Nov 14 with 3344 viewsIllinoisblue

Get back to your Leeds message board

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

LEEDS on 13:24 - Nov 14 with 3335 viewsITFC_Jenx

Summerville linked with PL clubs and I'd imagine a few in Europe. Would also guess that Rutter would be watched by clubs in Europe. Archie Gray is being scouted by Liverpool.

Yes they can spend in January but they already have a squad loaded with quality. More players coming in for them can upset the squad balance.

Think they'll produce some stunning performances in the 2nd half but also have some games where it doesn't click like the Stoke loss this season.
LEEDS on 13:24 - Nov 14 with 3334 viewstextbackup

Leeds are 8 points behind us.

This still needs us to lose 3 and then not drop points. Whilst it’s wise to keep an eye on what’s happening, they aren’t going to win every remaining game

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

LEEDS on 13:39 - Nov 14 with 3162 viewsitfc_bucks

There's still plenty of room for fall-outs amongst the relegated three, big squads, lots of players grumpy about playing time or even about playing at this level.

We have a unified squad, pulling together, of which every player knows their part to play.

Whisper it, but there's growing confidence we could get top two here.
LEEDS on 13:47 - Nov 14 with 3084 viewsFixed_It

LEEDS on 12:50 - Nov 14 by CLYDE

I saw the Leicester v Leeds game.
Unfortunately Leeds are playing great football now - I do take on board that Ipswich will recruit in January - Leeds will spend big in January without a doubt and will bring in additional quality.

They may be unstoppable in the 2nd half of the season - they could win the league.
We must be realistic thats all i am trying to say.
Leeds beat Leiceseter and Ipswich away as we know - they are currently the inform team, and a fortress at their ground.
Also just look at Southampton now, there climbing up the table with good performances.

Mate, I don't know if that's your petticoat showing, or your Leeds shirt...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

LEEDS on 13:47 - Nov 14 with 3084 viewsCLYDE

LEEDS on 13:23 - Nov 14 by Illinoisblue

Get back to your Leeds message board

obviously not reading all my comments prior to suggesting im Leeds - far from it.

All I am saying is dont get our hopes up too high - we cannot compete with the money with these clubs - its just not having wealthy owners its the revenue the larger clubs, yes like Leeds who generate substantial income through merchandising etc etc etc.

Ipswich are starting their journey - it might have to be next season that the league is won.
LEEDS on 13:49 - Nov 14 with 3056 viewsnodge_blue

LEEDS on 13:47 - Nov 14 by CLYDE

obviously not reading all my comments prior to suggesting im Leeds - far from it.

All I am saying is dont get our hopes up too high - we cannot compete with the money with these clubs - its just not having wealthy owners its the revenue the larger clubs, yes like Leeds who generate substantial income through merchandising etc etc etc.

Ipswich are starting their journey - it might have to be next season that the league is won.

How many shirts did we sell last season Clyde?

Feeble trolling on 13:59 - Nov 14 with 2977 viewsDyland

LEEDS on 13:47 - Nov 14 by CLYDE

Carry on though.

I watched the Leicester Leeds game and agree, was impressed with Leeds. Not worried too much though, Ipswich are a bigger club than Leeds and we'll be fine.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

That sounds about right on 14:01 - Nov 14 with 2969 viewsDyland

LEEDS on 12:49 - Nov 14 by Basuco

For me, it would be a major surprise if Leeds and Leicester were not top two in May, Southampton will also be up there as well. I think Town, Middlesbrough and Sunderland and Westbrom for the playoffs.

Not sure about Saints, haven't seen them except against us. Leeds look very decent for sure... but Saints are now the form team, non? So if I was a Leeds fan I'd be trolling Saints boards rather than Town ones :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

LEEDS on 14:07 - Nov 14 with 2922 viewsPrideOfTheEast

January could be a very unsettling window for them and I'm sure there will be both ins and outs. There is also the possibility of injuries etc.

We have a January window too and will be recruiting from a position of relative strength when compared to the Summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024