Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? 08:01 - Nov 2 with 4573 viewsGeoffSentence

If so, why?

I know we hadn't been great up to that point, but there was still 20 minutes of football left.

It turned out that was our best spell too.

I just don't get why people leave so early if things haven't been going great.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 8:01]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:03 - Nov 2 with 3368 viewsITFC_Forever

Part time day trippers.

We can see you sneaking out.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:04 - Nov 2 with 3366 viewshomer_123

Orwell bridge closing at 9pm?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:05 - Nov 2 with 3369 viewstextbackup

I left on 85.
Didn’t feel after what I’d seen so far that we’d get back into the game.
Plus daughter had school in morning, so got her in bed 30/40mins earlier than if I’d stayed to the end (and ultimately we didn’t claw it back to 3-3, so I made that call and was right to)
All ok?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:25 - Nov 2 with 3291 viewsSitfcB

I never leave early, and don’t like early leavers, but after they scored their 3rd I said we’d go on 80 mins but after we scored we ended up staying until the 95th min, still got away a lot quicker than usual, that’s the only reason why we were gonna go on 80.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 8:26]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:27 - Nov 2 with 3276 viewsBuhrer

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:05 - Nov 2 by textbackup

I left on 85.
Plus daughter had school in morning, so got her in bed 30/40mins earlier than if I’d stayed to the end (and ultimately we didn’t claw it back to 3-3, so I made that call and was right to)
All ok?

I always used to find reasons to fire off early, mainly "to beat the rush". It was how I'd been mistaught in my youth. Going with my boy and girl led to them challenging me a few seasons back on this and totally changed my thinking. Barring emergencies, Im always staying to the final whistle now, and then applauding, not rushing. We never get home much different in the scheme of things snd the extra payoff is the satisfaction. More time at Town, or walking/driving in the company of my kids, talking Town.
Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:35 - Nov 2 with 3199 viewsbluelagos

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:03 - Nov 2 by ITFC_Forever

Part time day trippers.

We can see you sneaking out.

That was the impression I got - fans who turned up late - had no clue how the seating system works (row and seat no. - is it that hard?) - sat in silence - and then bggered off home on 70 mins.

Suspect a few had seen how well we were doing and thought they'd see what all the hype was about - and had seen enough by that point.

Quite enjoyed the last 20 mins tbh - Fck the Cup, we're going up :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:42 - Nov 2 with 3153 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:35 - Nov 2 by bluelagos

That was the impression I got - fans who turned up late - had no clue how the seating system works (row and seat no. - is it that hard?) - sat in silence - and then bggered off home on 70 mins.

Suspect a few had seen how well we were doing and thought they'd see what all the hype was about - and had seen enough by that point.

Quite enjoyed the last 20 mins tbh - Fck the Cup, we're going up :-)

Last 20 minutes we started to look like our old selves again. Wasn't enough in the end, but it was an improvement.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:45 - Nov 2 with 3140 viewsbluelagos

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:42 - Nov 2 by ITFC_Forever

Last 20 minutes we started to look like our old selves again. Wasn't enough in the end, but it was an improvement.

Frustrating as it showed a stronger side would have made a game of it. But McKenna prioritised the league which I understand.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:47 - Nov 2 with 3131 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I mean I think its understandable.

I personally stayed for the whole game, but we were 3-0 down against a team who were pretty much dominating us, we weren't going to score 3 goals in 10 minutes. If people need to beat the traffic, on a midweek so School/work the next morning. I think that is reasonable?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:57 - Nov 2 with 3088 viewsBuhrer

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:47 - Nov 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

I personally stayed for the whole game, but we were 3-0 down against a team who were pretty much dominating us, we weren't going to score 3 goals in 10 minutes. If people need to beat the traffic, on a midweek so School/work the next morning. I think that is reasonable?

It does seem that different people at different times for different reasons are reaching different conclusions. Seems reasonable. Theres a broad spectrum of people at the footy, its one of the things i love about it.
Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 09:08 - Nov 2 with 3052 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:47 - Nov 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

I get why people might want to leave before the end of added on time, but I just don't understand why anyone would want to leave that long before the end of scheduled time.

Footy games can be won and lost, we all know that, and we all know they last 90 minutes + some added on time. So are early leavers only interested if we are doing well?

I'm getting too judgemental now, I'm normally an each to their own kind of guy, but I have difficulty understanding why you'd pay to go to a game and then leave after it was 3/4s done.

I will reflect, work on my qi, and get back to not judging people.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:11 - Nov 2 with 2881 viewstextbackup

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:27 - Nov 2 by Buhrer

I always used to find reasons to fire off early, mainly "to beat the rush". It was how I'd been mistaught in my youth. Going with my boy and girl led to them challenging me a few seasons back on this and totally changed my thinking. Barring emergencies, Im always staying to the final whistle now, and then applauding, not rushing. We never get home much different in the scheme of things snd the extra payoff is the satisfaction. More time at Town, or walking/driving in the company of my kids, talking Town.

If I need to leave a few mins early I will, for example - night games and want to get kids in bed sooner, or a Saturday if I’m on call and have a colleague putting himself out to cover me whilst I’m at the game.
Only times I’ll leave early.

Lastnight leaving when I did, I was at the applewood garage on Woodbridge road as the game ended.
Had I waited for the final whistle I’d have go held up for a good 30/40mins longer.

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:17 - Nov 2 with 2827 viewshoppy

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:25 - Nov 2 by SitfcB

I never leave early, and don’t like early leavers, but after they scored their 3rd I said we’d go on 80 mins but after we scored we ended up staying until the 95th min, still got away a lot quicker than usual, that’s the only reason why we were gonna go on 80.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 8:26]

I noticed you hadn't stayed to the final whistle, as I turned and saw the two vacant seats, with a spare pair of trainers under one of them...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:23 - Nov 2 with 2789 viewsCityBlue

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:04 - Nov 2 by homer_123

Orwell bridge closing at 9pm?

closed at midnight...

I T I D

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:23 - Nov 2 with 2788 viewslazyblue

That was bizarre, 20mins to go and not as if you would get caught In Saturday evening traffic.
Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:24 - Nov 2 with 2783 viewssotd78

Although we didn't leave early we do live in Colchester. I got home after dropping my daughter off at 11.40 pm.
In certain circumstances I'd understand leaving a dead game at three nil down. Not everyone can fit 25 hours in a day.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:30 - Nov 2 with 2758 viewsVaughan8

Can people not work anything out themselves anymore? Its pretty obvious when you think about it. Not sure why you "don't get it"?

3-0, the games practically dead. Some people live further away. They are risking an amazing (but very unlikely comeback) and that is their choice. Getting home a lot earlier than they would if they stayed until the end is enough reward. If it was 1-1, i'd get your point.

Maybe you don't understand that if you leave when not many people are leaving, that could save you time?

I've barely left a game early, but people can do what they want.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 10:32]
Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:30 - Nov 2 with 2757 viewsBlueNomad

It delighted WOTB! We are "fickle" and FPR is a "library"

Without any regard to there being 11 changes from our first choice line-up "reality of the PL" has hit us.

Deluded. MonkeyPuzzle in particular is totally unaware of our reality.
Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:30 - Nov 2 with 2753 viewsCobboldCrusty

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 08:05 - Nov 2 by textbackup

I left on 85.
All ok?

Yeah I did same - there were a lot of fans on that 21.44 train and it was a great call tbh
Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:46 - Nov 2 with 2680 viewshoppy

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:30 - Nov 2 by BlueNomad

It delighted WOTB! We are "fickle" and FPR is a "library"

Without any regard to there being 11 changes from our first choice line-up "reality of the PL" has hit us.

Deluded. MonkeyPuzzle in particular is totally unaware of our reality.

I find people going on WOTB more odd, to be honest.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I don't know what's more enervating on football forums on 10:49 - Nov 2 with 2674 viewsDyland

Fans questioning why fans leave before full time, or fans getting defensive about why they do it :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:49 - Nov 2 with 2674 viewsSteve_M

I left on 85 last night, wanted to get the 21:43 back and at 1-3 I didn't think there was much chance of us scoring again.

Going straight after the third Fulham goal though would have been a bit early.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:56 - Nov 2 with 2646 viewshatch

I was in the SBRL concourse at half time and one of The Twins was wrestling with the fire exit before a steward asked him if he was okay and he responded - 'let me out, I'm going home'.

It's rare you see the twins together these days so last night was refreshing, even if it was for only 45 mins.
Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:57 - Nov 2 with 2634 viewstextbackup

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 10:30 - Nov 2 by Vaughan8

Can people not work anything out themselves anymore? Its pretty obvious when you think about it. Not sure why you "don't get it"?

3-0, the games practically dead. Some people live further away. They are risking an amazing (but very unlikely comeback) and that is their choice. Getting home a lot earlier than they would if they stayed until the end is enough reward. If it was 1-1, i'd get your point.

Maybe you don't understand that if you leave when not many people are leaving, that could save you time?

I've barely left a game early, but people can do what they want.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 10:32]

The risk of missing Jackson fail to cross the ball into the box without hitting the first man was too much I guess.

Anyone on here leave after Fulham scored their third? on 11:18 - Nov 2 with 2548 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I think that people pay their ticket fee and can leave when they like, it doesn't make them any less of a supporter. Personally, I made the decision not to go last night as I assumed we'd play essentially a reserve side and go out and from a value point of view, I wasn't particularly willing to part with a full price ticket for what we treated as almost a pre-season game/set up in the end.

I think a chunk of our supporters had assumed, with a quarter final up for grabs (and potentially a quarter final we could win) we'd have put a team out that would be a bit more competitive than we did, and played a system more akin to our league style, which if we were trying we weren't getting anywhere near that. I can understand why those who paid said screw it at 3-0, with Town playing very poorly, and we were, bad weather coming up, and going home early on a week night. I don't think that makes them bad supporters at all, I think a few people were expecting a bit more.

I do think that if we continue to treat cups like a reserve fixture we will see dwindling crowds, and less excitement for them in coming seasons though. On the flip side at least our second string is going out to Fulham rather than someone like Barrow these days, so that is an improvement, but it's clear that the club isn't interested in taking cups seriously at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024