Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disappointed in Mckenna tonight 21:14 - Nov 1 with 13157 viewsMancBlue86

We are clear in the league (with a GIH) and have a chance if making the 1/4 finals of a cup competition, with a real chance of getting to the semi’s (vale and boro as potential 1/4 opponents) and he puts out that side! If we were a 1-4 points clear in the league then fair enough but come on, we should have gone for it tonight, I would have and Im sure most of you would agree?

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:15 - Nov 1 with 6472 viewsHerbivore

Nope, I back his decision making 100% on this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:15 - Nov 1 with 6446 viewsBlueBadger

Meh. It's disappointing not to keep the cup run going but I'd much rather see a win at the weekend.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:16 - Nov 1 with 6352 viewsFrimleyBlue

Nope

10000% all about the league. Fk the cup.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:17 - Nov 1 with 6368 viewsgainsboroughblue

I don't.

The league is all I'm worried about. Had we had been in the position I thought we would be at this stage (more 12th than 2nd), maybe. But we've got ourselves into a dreamlike position in the league and have got a mad couple of months going into Christmas period to focus on.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:17 - Nov 1 with 6352 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The League is far too important in my opinion, especially when we are in such a good position. If we were in mid table obscurity I’d say go for it, but 46 games is a huge schedule, the players need a rest and if we lost the likes of Broady or Hirst it could seriously derail our season.
Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:17 - Nov 1 with 6349 viewsChurchman

We’ve played less than a third of the season. We are clear of nothing yet. It’s right we play the ressies.
Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:17 - Nov 1 with 6353 viewshomer_123

Brings his stock down a touch as it is...perfect.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:17 - Nov 1 with 6328 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

The Ipswich tradition is to play a weak side in the cup to protect league form and then lose league form. It will be a real sign that the curse is lifted if we don’t lose league form now!
Login to get fewer ads

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:19 - Nov 1 with 6273 viewsFrimleyBlue

Also. We've just won 2 games whilst looking strangely lethargic..

If we needed a night off. Tonight was the night

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:20 - Nov 1 with 6270 views_clive_baker_

Couldn't disagree more.

We've got 3 very big and very winnable league games in the next 10 days. That absolutely needs to be the priority vs. a cup we have a very, very slim chance of winning.
Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:21 - Nov 1 with 6225 viewsMancBlue86

Normally I would agree with you all but I’m sticking with my original point, we are clear as we could have ever dreamed of, we should have gone for it tonight, sorry but just how I feel. No wrong or right here, just a matter of opinion

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:22 - Nov 1 with 6209 viewsChrisd

It’s disappointing, especially as we don’t look very threatening either. However, this is the difference in quality when EPL sides take this competition a bit more seriously. We’ve started the season terrifically well, but tonight shows we’ve still got work to do to bridge the gap. We’ve been given a bit of a lesson tonight.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 21:23]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:22 - Nov 1 with 6219 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Good trolling. You caught a few.
Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:25 - Nov 1 with 6095 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:21 - Nov 1 by MancBlue86

Normally I would agree with you all but I’m sticking with my original point, we are clear as we could have ever dreamed of, we should have gone for it tonight, sorry but just how I feel. No wrong or right here, just a matter of opinion

"No right or wrong here"

Arf. Are you new to this board?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:37 - Nov 1 with 5959 viewsSwansea_Blue

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:20 - Nov 1 by _clive_baker_

Couldn't disagree more.

We've got 3 very big and very winnable league games in the next 10 days. That absolutely needs to be the priority vs. a cup we have a very, very slim chance of winning.

KM is certainly looking at the bigger picture. I don’t like teams treating cups as lesser competitions, but nobody will care if we romp to automatic promotion. Losing is a bit frustrating at the moment, because we know our first pick 11 would have had a decent chance. But we just have to trust he knows best (and it certainly looks as though he does so far!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:45 - Nov 1 with 5845 viewsibbleobble

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:15 - Nov 1 by Herbivore

Did you back Mick’s decision to make all those changes at Old Trafford too?
Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:52 - Nov 1 with 5751 viewsGarv

Had you wondered if maybe the second string sides we've put out in the cup has contributed to our league form in a positive way?

Fringe players keeping fit, keeping upbeat, and being able to be called on from the bench if needed? This competition has been the making of Harness so far this season, as an example.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:53 - Nov 1 with 5732 viewsSWBlue22

I get what you’re saying but no. We need to preserve this gap between us and 3rd then risk it in a cup which we will not win this season. Which would you prefer final of the league cup and probably lose with no points advantage or keep this same gap as we have now by the time the league cup final is played going into the run in ?
Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:57 - Nov 1 with 5657 viewsVegtablue

Sorry Manc I don't! Think our 2nd XI deserved to continue their good work after the Wolves win and it's such a grueling league we're in.
Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 22:08 - Nov 1 with 5565 viewsN2_Blue

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:15 - Nov 1 by Herbivore

100%

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 22:08 - Nov 1 with 5561 viewskesblue

I agree poor boys playing 3 hours a week
Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 22:11 - Nov 1 with 5530 viewsNutkins_Return

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:21 - Nov 1 by MancBlue86

You don't need to apologies as it's your opinion. I think 95% of people would have done the same as McKenna myself included. It was the right thing to do 100%
Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 22:15 - Nov 1 with 5474 viewsBlueBadger

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:45 - Nov 1 by ibbleobble

Did you back Mick’s decision to make all those changes at Old Trafford too?

Careful with those matches round that straw man there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 22:22 - Nov 1 with 5411 viewsMancBlue86

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 21:22 - Nov 1 by Matt_Netherlands

Good trolling. You caught a few.

Absolutely no need to be that rude. Also look the term “trolling” up. I expressed my opinion and we have all had a healthy debate, except for you of corse, who has to lower the tone and rather than just say “I disagree …….” Has to be a derogatory.

Disappointed in Mckenna tonight on 22:23 - Nov 1 with 5401 viewsSitfcB

Did you complain about the side he put out for the Wolves game?

Blub, blub, we lost to a better quality side, better than Wolves.

Positive of losing is one less game in December (would’ve been between Norwich and Leeds)

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024