Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Edmundson get lucky? 19:18 - Oct 28 with 8729 viewsITFCBlues

I'm not sure he's actually touched him in all honesty.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:19 - Oct 28 with 4132 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Feather touch and he’s down like he’s been shot.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:22 - Oct 28 with 4081 viewsKropotkin123

That's the only angle I've seen. From that, the ref got it right.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:23 - Oct 28 with 4064 viewsArnieM

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:19 - Oct 28 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Feather touch and he’s down like he’s been shot.

They were doing that all afternoon. Ref fell for it every time.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:24 - Oct 28 with 4047 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:22 - Oct 28 by Kropotkin123

That's the only angle I've seen. From that, the ref got it right.

Well actually no he didn't.

Yellow card for simulation
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 20:15]

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:30 - Oct 28 with 3982 viewsBasuco

From that angle no contact and should have been a yellow for simulation. Very good refereeing.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:31 - Oct 28 with 3962 viewsTheBoyBlue

Yes, but frankly we deserve that. I mean, how many penalties should Hutchinson alone have had this season?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:31 - Oct 28 with 3959 viewsITFCBlues

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:30 - Oct 28 by Basuco

From that angle no contact and should have been a yellow for simulation. Very good refereeing.

It's certainly not as clear cut and the robbery that Schumacher would have you believe.

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:40 - Oct 28 with 3897 viewsVegtablue

Looking again, it's possible there's an imperceptible stroke along his right leg that unsettled his gait. It isn't visible though and looks a dive, so there would need to be a conclusive angle showing a touch for VAR to award a penalty. The argument, why would he go down otherwise, is rubbish. Red card for one, doesn't back himself or his positioning another. We've seen players dive when they could have been one-on-one countless times.
Login to get fewer ads

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:43 - Oct 28 with 3867 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes he got lucky, but not because of the ref’s decision. He was lucky he didn’t wipe him out with his desperate last minute lunge. He was turned too easily (not for the only time) and was done for pace (again, not for the only time). He was lucky he wasn’t quick enough to get back and take the player out. It was a poor passage of play.

He did well when we were in our defensive shape and defending, but he gets horribly exposed when we push up. He gets sucked into challenges he can’t get too and players can spin off him or run in behind. Brandon and Leif can do the stepping up to intercept thing as they’re rapid, Edmundson isn’t quick enough to try it.

As I said though, he was much better second half when defending, so I’m not at all saying he was poor. Just that he’s got his strengths. And coming into the side after being out can’t be easy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:48 - Oct 28 with 3814 viewsHerbivore

Looks like he doesn't touch him at all. Schumacher wetting his pants over them not getting a decision for that is not a good look.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:49 - Oct 28 with 3804 viewsBasuco

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:31 - Oct 28 by ITFCBlues

It's certainly not as clear cut and the robbery that Schumacher would have you believe.

And "if" there was the faintest of touches would that be considered enough to be considered a foul? A faint possible touch is not a free kick. The slow motion dive did not help him either.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:50 - Oct 28 with 3784 viewsSchancheITFC

I had a good view of it from behind the goal. Although he got the wrong side of him I did think in real time that was just about legal and a great tackle.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:07 - Oct 28 with 3642 viewsPrideOfTheEast

9 times out of 10 that’s given as a foul, and I think it was.

We were lucky with that for sure and obviously had a major impact on the game. Thought he was sloppy today, especially first half. He and davis completely screwed up for the Whittaker goal - when you double up one has to go to the ball when you allow a left footed player to cut in from the right. Great strike but he, and plenty of others at this level, can do that with their eyes closed if they’re allowed to waltz into the position like he was today.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:08 - Oct 28 with 3624 viewsstonojnr

Which was my impression at the time, in real time without Var or replays, it was a definite dive in the box and part of their whole game plan all match to fall over, often when no Town player was even near them for some reason which just made them look stupid.

But even if there were contact the foul was outside the box. Not a penalty.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:13 - Oct 28 with 3563 viewsLeoMuff

In real time looked a foul, but the replays seem to show no contact and the guys took a dive.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:14 - Oct 28 with 3555 viewsHerbivore

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:07 - Oct 28 by PrideOfTheEast

9 times out of 10 that’s given as a foul, and I think it was.

We were lucky with that for sure and obviously had a major impact on the game. Thought he was sloppy today, especially first half. He and davis completely screwed up for the Whittaker goal - when you double up one has to go to the ball when you allow a left footed player to cut in from the right. Great strike but he, and plenty of others at this level, can do that with their eyes closed if they’re allowed to waltz into the position like he was today.

Sorry, just to be clear you've watched that and (presumably) seen there's no contact but you think it's a foul and would be given 9 times out of 10? Blimey.

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:27 - Oct 28 with 3464 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:14 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

Sorry, just to be clear you've watched that and (presumably) seen there's no contact but you think it's a foul and would be given 9 times out of 10? Blimey.

Yes I do. The referee and linesman do not have the benefit of seeing it on a replay do they. McKenna said it looked a foul pitch side and that he’d be disappointed if he was them, incidentally.

As polite as ever btw. “Blimey”
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:31 - Oct 28 with 3417 viewsITFCBlues

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:27 - Oct 28 by PrideOfTheEast

Yes I do. The referee and linesman do not have the benefit of seeing it on a replay do they. McKenna said it looked a foul pitch side and that he’d be disappointed if he was them, incidentally.

I don't think it was a foul. Doesn't look like there was any contact from that video, but you could see why in real time he may have given it as it did initially look a foul

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:36 - Oct 28 with 3383 viewsnoggin

How is it a foul when there is clearly no contact?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:37 - Oct 28 with 3364 viewsStewart27

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 19:30 - Oct 28 by Basuco

Apart from the yellow for simulation.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:44 - Oct 28 with 3285 viewsHerbivore

I have little faith in the officials at this level but to think they'd get it completely wrong 9 out of 10 times? Not sure. And to imply we're lucky that they didn't get it wrong? Hmmm.

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:56 - Oct 28 with 3227 viewsredrickstuhaart

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:44 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

I have little faith in the officials at this level but to think they'd get it completely wrong 9 out of 10 times? Not sure. And to imply we're lucky that they didn't get it wrong? Hmmm.

He was lucky. At full speed it looked clear as day red card.

He was also lucky not to have had at least two yellows for blatant prolonged shirt pulling. He struggles to shield the ball like the midfield do, which makes it tough for him to play the short possession game. Tuanzebe can't be far off on today's showing.
What a dive on 20:56 - Oct 28 with 3229 viewsDyland

Disappointed with Argyle, a lot of diving and feigning injury throughout. Bundu a wannabe actor, and Waine just embarrassing.

They don't need to do it cos they're good. Pathetic.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:57 - Oct 28 with 3215 viewsHerbivore

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:56 - Oct 28 by redrickstuhaart

He was lucky. At full speed it looked clear as day red card.

He was also lucky not to have had at least two yellows for blatant prolonged shirt pulling. He struggles to shield the ball like the midfield do, which makes it tough for him to play the short possession game. Tuanzebe can't be far off on today's showing.

Lolz to the first paragraph.

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:00 - Oct 28 with 3186 viewsredrickstuhaart

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 20:57 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

Lolz to the first paragraph.

Odd. Most of the ground assumed the worst. Outright laughter round me at the decision. The replay seems too slow the ref got it right. Which is odd given the rest of his display.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024