Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Edmundson get lucky? 19:18 - Oct 28 with 8860 viewsITFCBlues

I'm not sure he's actually touched him in all honesty.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:02 - Oct 28 with 1783 viewsHerbivore

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:00 - Oct 28 by redrickstuhaart

Odd. Most of the ground assumed the worst. Outright laughter round me at the decision. The replay seems too slow the ref got it right. Which is odd given the rest of his display.

Most of the ground? Really? It wasn't a foul, to suggest someone was lucky that they didn't get penalised for not fouling someone is a bit weird to be honest.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 21:03]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:06 - Oct 28 with 1761 viewsredrickstuhaart

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:02 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

Most of the ground? Really? It wasn't a foul, to suggest someone was lucky that they didn't get penalised for not fouling someone is a bit weird to be honest.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 21:03]

I think so. Perhaps other angles were better but from cobbold side none of us would have been surprised,
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:15 - Oct 28 with 1741 viewsHerbivore

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:06 - Oct 28 by redrickstuhaart

I think so. Perhaps other angles were better but from cobbold side none of us would have been surprised,

Okay, mate. I thought we were really unlucky not to get a pen when Hirst wasn't fouled in the area by one of their players as well.

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:20 - Oct 28 with 1730 viewsredrickstuhaart

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:15 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

Okay, mate. I thought we were really unlucky not to get a pen when Hirst wasn't fouled in the area by one of their players as well.

You appear to be entirely misunderstanding.

The replay shows it was a good decision. Even km thought at the time it was a foul and it was good fortune the ref did not fall for it.
What it looks like to fans in the stands is irrelevant on 21:21 - Oct 28 with 1737 viewsDyland

I'm in the upper North and I couldn't tell either way. What matters when analysing if the right reffing decision was made, is... well, if it was a foul... and it wasn't, Edmundsen didn't touch him. It was a dive. So actually the ref got it wrong cos he should have booked Bundu.

Saying that, Edmundsen was lucky not to be penalised and possibly yellow carded for his shirt tugging before he got his yellow. But the foul he got the yellow for wasn't really a yellow, unless it was for persistent fouling.

The ref wasn't great but also wasn't total dogwvnk, and if he was crap he was crap for both sides equally.

These Argyle fans calling us dirty are embarrassing. Presumably based on Morsy and Evans in one game previously? Evans was especially lucky not to see red. We can be niggly and a nightmare to play against but as a team we really aren't dirty and nor do we need to be. Likewise Argyle don't need to dive and waste time and feign injury like a fooking Eddy Howe team.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What it looks like to fans in the stands is irrelevant on 21:25 - Oct 28 with 1724 viewsredrickstuhaart

What it looks like to fans in the stands is irrelevant on 21:21 - Oct 28 by Dyland

I'm in the upper North and I couldn't tell either way. What matters when analysing if the right reffing decision was made, is... well, if it was a foul... and it wasn't, Edmundsen didn't touch him. It was a dive. So actually the ref got it wrong cos he should have booked Bundu.

Saying that, Edmundsen was lucky not to be penalised and possibly yellow carded for his shirt tugging before he got his yellow. But the foul he got the yellow for wasn't really a yellow, unless it was for persistent fouling.

The ref wasn't great but also wasn't total dogwvnk, and if he was crap he was crap for both sides equally.

These Argyle fans calling us dirty are embarrassing. Presumably based on Morsy and Evans in one game previously? Evans was especially lucky not to see red. We can be niggly and a nightmare to play against but as a team we really aren't dirty and nor do we need to be. Likewise Argyle don't need to dive and waste time and feign injury like a fooking Eddy Howe team.

He had two or three fairly blatant shirt tugs in short succession. Very lucky to get away with them. But the ref really want interested in shirt pulling. Similarly ignored Kayden getting his shirt pulled up round his neck.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:25 - Oct 28 with 1725 viewsHerbivore

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:20 - Oct 28 by redrickstuhaart

You appear to be entirely misunderstanding.

The replay shows it was a good decision. Even km thought at the time it was a foul and it was good fortune the ref did not fall for it.

I'm not sure that a referee not making a wrong decision can really be described as being fortunate for the side that wasn't wrongfully penalised. I'm not sure why people are struggling with this.

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:27 - Oct 28 with 1719 viewsDubtractor

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:25 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

I'm not sure that a referee not making a wrong decision can really be described as being fortunate for the side that wasn't wrongfully penalised. I'm not sure why people are struggling with this.

He's agreeing with you Herbers, albeit the wording on his initial response was a little confusing!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

What it looks like to fans in the stands is irrelevant on 21:28 - Oct 28 with 1711 viewsDubtractor

What it looks like to fans in the stands is irrelevant on 21:21 - Oct 28 by Dyland

All the best fans are in upper north.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

agreed (n/t) on 21:28 - Oct 28 with 1709 viewsDyland

What it looks like to fans in the stands is irrelevant on 21:25 - Oct 28 by redrickstuhaart

He had two or three fairly blatant shirt tugs in short succession. Very lucky to get away with them. But the ref really want interested in shirt pulling. Similarly ignored Kayden getting his shirt pulled up round his neck.

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:31 - Oct 28 with 1696 viewsredrickstuhaart

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:25 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

Because typically refs fall for it. It's not a criticism of side or player.
Dunno about that on 21:32 - Oct 28 with 1698 viewsDyland

What it looks like to fans in the stands is irrelevant on 21:28 - Oct 28 by Dubtractor

All the best fans are in upper north.

Me and my lot are total bells.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 21:32]

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:33 - Oct 28 with 1689 viewsHerbivore

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:27 - Oct 28 by Dubtractor

He's agreeing with you Herbers, albeit the wording on his initial response was a little confusing!

He'a agreeing it's not a foul. What we disagree on is whether or not it was fortunate the ref didn't give the non foul. For me, the ref getting it right (albeit a rarity today) shouldn't be described as good fortune.

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:45 - Oct 28 with 1659 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Looked stonewall from my vantage point in the Pioneer too, was bracing myself for the whistle and inevitable red. Fairly gobsmacked that the replay seems to show there was no contact, I thought the ref had just bottled it!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 22:15 - Oct 28 with 1633 viewsbluestandard

I’ve looked at this clip so many times and I still can’t make up my mind!

What we do know:-
1) incident occurred outside the box, so free kick not a penalty.
2) at least 1, possibly 2 defenders covering so no red card.

With those two things alone, it’s hard to see how this incident is as pivotal as Schumacher is suggesting.

As far as whether there was a foul at all, you’ve got this clip, which seems to suggest no contact. But Schumacher confirmed in the post match interview that Bundu confirmed he had his heels clipped. Even if his heels were clipped, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a foul right? It has to have impeded his progress in some way. If he had a premeditated response to dive on the slightest contact, then it’s not a foul right? Plenty of comments on here that he fell far too easily and elaborately, regardless of whether contact was made, and in the end that’s probably what’s counted against him, and rightly so.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 22:17 - Oct 28 with 1615 viewsHerbivore

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 22:15 - Oct 28 by bluestandard

With those two things alone, it’s hard to see how this incident is as pivotal as Schumacher is suggesting.

As far as whether there was a foul at all, you’ve got this clip, which seems to suggest no contact. But Schumacher confirmed in the post match interview that Bundu confirmed he had his heels clipped. Even if his heels were clipped, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a foul right? It has to have impeded his progress in some way. If he had a premeditated response to dive on the slightest contact, then it’s not a foul right? Plenty of comments on here that he fell far too easily and elaborately, regardless of whether contact was made, and in the end that’s probably what’s counted against him, and rightly so.

I'd probs believe actual video footage over what their player said happened to be fair.

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 22:18 - Oct 28 with 1599 viewsbluestandard

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:33 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

He'a agreeing it's not a foul. What we disagree on is whether or not it was fortunate the ref didn't give the non foul. For me, the ref getting it right (albeit a rarity today) shouldn't be described as good fortune.

I agree that getting the correct decision isn’t fortuitous. At the moment, it’s video evidence v. what Bundu has said post match (that he had his heels clipped). If there was contact, you could argue either way that it is or isn’t fortuitous.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 23:37 - Oct 28 with 1503 viewsrkc123

It looks to me like he did touch him to be honest, Edmundson's left thigh seems to catch Bundu's trailing leg just outside the box, very faint if he did, but sprinting through like that it doesn't take much to knock someone's stride. Still, either way we're owed a bit of luck against Plymouth.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 23:40 - Oct 28 with 1480 viewsFrimleyBlue

I think he gets the slightly touch via a stud to the ball. It's ever so slight. But a correct official decision.

I did however expect a pen or a fk and a red

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 00:12 - Oct 29 with 1433 viewsRyorry

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 21:00 - Oct 28 by redrickstuhaart

Odd. Most of the ground assumed the worst. Outright laughter round me at the decision. The replay seems too slow the ref got it right. Which is odd given the rest of his display.

The audio comms in real time also reckoned that it was both a pen & a red, and that Frig had "got away with one there"

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 00:25 - Oct 29 with 1418 viewsEireannach_gorm

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 22:15 - Oct 28 by bluestandard

He appears to have his foot clipped at the end of the dive.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 08:51 - Oct 29 with 1279 viewsBlueOsterClub

Sitting behind the goal in the Sir Alf it id not look like a Penalty . It looked outside the area and did not look like any contact. Everyone around me thought he dived and I felt his body language when he got up suggested he knew it was not a Penalty .
On TV however it did look like it could have been from a different angle.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 09:07 - Oct 29 with 1268 viewsjasondozzell

Great tackle! I thought Edmundson had a really good game. Used his strength and speed well several times to deal with their attacking threat.
Did Edmundson get lucky? on 09:13 - Oct 29 with 1253 viewsHerbivore

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 09:07 - Oct 29 by jasondozzell

Great tackle! I thought Edmundson had a really good game. Used his strength and speed well several times to deal with their attacking threat.

Not sure you can call it a great tackle when he gets nowhere near the ball or the man.

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 09:19 - Oct 29 with 1242 viewsjasondozzell

Did Edmundson get lucky? on 09:13 - Oct 29 by Herbivore

Not sure you can call it a great tackle when he gets nowhere near the ball or the man.

I think he gets his studs on the ball - it changes direction slightly. It's not much but enough I think. But can see why you might have different view - there's not a conclusive angle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024