Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? 11:13 - Oct 26 with 7138 viewsGlasgowBlue

Last season's home game saw them target Walton everytime he tried to play out from the back, which lead to a lot of aimless hoofing to the forwards.

Hladky is far more comfortable under pressure so I would expect us to have far more pressure.

Weird to think that it was one of our "must win" games, along with the home tie to Sheffield Wednesday.

Of the three of us, none have changed personnel that much but we have gone miles ahead of the other two.

I predict a 3-1 win.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 11:26]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:16 - Oct 26 with 5150 viewsSomethingBlue

They know us very well and I think they'll be bang up for it – I think Schumacher will use the soreness (justified or otherwise) about our merits being sung from the rooftops at the end of last season and imagine they will try to prove a point. They're also a pretty good team with real attacking threats and it wouldn't surprise me if me get the nowadays usual game of basketball at Portman Road. A tough and tense one that we'll hopefully come through if last night didn't bring too many unpleasant surprises injury-wise.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:19 - Oct 26 with 5121 views_clive_baker_

I think we'll see much more of a complete Town performance. It has all the hallmarks, at home, full house, on the new carpet, with the rustiness of the break behind us an buoyed by a huge 3 points last night. We have the added motivation of not getting one over on them last season and them beating us to the title. It should be a good game between 2 good sides. Their form is a bit patchy, but they're now 2 clean sheets on the bounce since Cooper's come back from injury, and their last 2 away games are draws at West Brom and Hull, so they'll certainly be a tough nut to crack.

I'll go for another 1-0. Chaplin.
What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:20 - Oct 26 with 5088 viewsFrimleyBlue

Stop of their players, we comfortably win the game imo.

Whit and Mumba again, influential in anything they achieve.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:24 - Oct 26 with 5053 viewsArnieM

We need to keep Mumba and Whittaker quiet. Do that and I think we’ll win. They have the capacity to hurt us definitely.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:24 - Oct 26 with 5057 viewstextbackup

With all Tuesday/Saturday games, 4 points would be a great return, but to have the 3 already under our belts I feel greedy changing to want the 6!

It’ll be a tough game, think we may edge it tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:24 - Oct 26 with 5049 viewsgeg1992

Does anybody know how many they've sold? I wonder if more home tickets may get released.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:26 - Oct 26 with 5018 viewsxrayspecs

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:19 - Oct 26 by _clive_baker_

I think we'll see much more of a complete Town performance. It has all the hallmarks, at home, full house, on the new carpet, with the rustiness of the break behind us an buoyed by a huge 3 points last night. We have the added motivation of not getting one over on them last season and them beating us to the title. It should be a good game between 2 good sides. Their form is a bit patchy, but they're now 2 clean sheets on the bounce since Cooper's come back from injury, and their last 2 away games are draws at West Brom and Hull, so they'll certainly be a tough nut to crack.

Sheff Weds were better side for first hour last night apparently.
What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:27 - Oct 26 with 5020 views_clive_baker_

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:24 - Oct 26 by textbackup

With all Tuesday/Saturday games, 4 points would be a great return, but to have the 3 already under our belts I feel greedy changing to want the 6!

It’ll be a tough game, think we may edge it tho

I would've taken 4, but now we've bagged 3 last night it's all about taking another 3 on Saturday. We need to make as much hay as we can while the sun is shining. Leeds should win, they're at home to Huddersfield (but then they have Leicester away the following week), so if we can get the win on Saturday it would feel big, and certainly take a bit of pressure off Brum away (who I think we can do a job on btw).
Login to get fewer ads

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:28 - Oct 26 with 5006 viewsGlasgowBlue

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:19 - Oct 26 by _clive_baker_

Cooper is back? I wasn't aware of that.

2-1 then.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:30 - Oct 26 with 4990 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Underestimate Plymouth at your peril!

They're playing far better than their league position suggests, and last night's 3-0 win was thoroughly deserved.

Their xG is 10th, their shots on target per game is 3rd, and now they're recently got Mike Cooper back, they've potentially even got the best goalkeeper in the division.

They're anything but relegation fodder.

We'll need to be BANG up for it to get anything.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:30 - Oct 26 with 4973 viewstextbackup

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:27 - Oct 26 by _clive_baker_

I would've taken 4, but now we've bagged 3 last night it's all about taking another 3 on Saturday. We need to make as much hay as we can while the sun is shining. Leeds should win, they're at home to Huddersfield (but then they have Leicester away the following week), so if we can get the win on Saturday it would feel big, and certainly take a bit of pressure off Brum away (who I think we can do a job on btw).

Yeah agree with everything you’ve said

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:47 - Oct 26 with 4866 viewsBlueBadger

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:30 - Oct 26 by ThatMuhrenCross

Underestimate Plymouth at your peril!

They're playing far better than their league position suggests, and last night's 3-0 win was thoroughly deserved.

Their xG is 10th, their shots on target per game is 3rd, and now they're recently got Mike Cooper back, they've potentially even got the best goalkeeper in the division.

They're anything but relegation fodder.

We'll need to be BANG up for it to get anything.

I wouldn't begrudge them a draw after this:

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 12:16 - Oct 26 with 4685 viewsMK1

I've gone for a 2-1 Town win.
What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 12:21 - Oct 26 with 4629 viewsIllinoisblue

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 11:16 - Oct 26 by SomethingBlue

They know us very well and I think they'll be bang up for it – I think Schumacher will use the soreness (justified or otherwise) about our merits being sung from the rooftops at the end of last season and imagine they will try to prove a point. They're also a pretty good team with real attacking threats and it wouldn't surprise me if me get the nowadays usual game of basketball at Portman Road. A tough and tense one that we'll hopefully come through if last night didn't bring too many unpleasant surprises injury-wise.

We should counter his soreness by giving them a guard of honour as they walk on the pitch and refer to them as L1 Champions in the programme and on the tannoy. Kill them with kindness. #mindgames

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 12:38 - Oct 26 with 4553 viewsLankHenners

Could well be a bit of a ding dong again. Attack is the best form of defence for them and they have a lot of attacking threat - seems when it's clicked for them this season it's really clicked but if that can be nullified they can be picked off.

Having Cooper back in goal is a big boost, plus as SB says Schumacher seems a really canny communicator and will get them bang up for it. Equally though we'll want to prove we really were the better team out of the two last season regardless of what the table said.

At PR last season they were really aggressive in the press and stretched us well by putting the ball into the channels early. Can't imagine they'll change their approach too much from that but think we've grown better at dealing with it since. Also we were without Luongo and Broadhead for that match, while Hirst only came on for his first appearance towards the end.

Think we'll have the better of them, but will probably be a bit closer than some seem to expect.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 12:57 - Oct 26 with 4445 viewsArnieM

Has the makings of a 6-5 scoreline tbh. We score goals so do they, but at home we concede too easily. Not a game for feint hearted for sure. Come in Town I really want us to do them.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 13:25 - Oct 26 with 4291 viewsPinewoodblue

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 12:57 - Oct 26 by ArnieM

Has the makings of a 6-5 scoreline tbh. We score goals so do they, but at home we concede too easily. Not a game for feint hearted for sure. Come in Town I really want us to do them.

Plymouth have just 3pts from 6 away games scoring just 4 goals. Bristol City scored 4 against them.

Play like we did yesterday in the first half, after a slow start, and we should be comfortably ahead at half time. Can’t see us having so many shots blocked two games running.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 13:59 - Oct 26 with 4131 viewspennblue

Its going to be a very tough game. They are way better than their current position, we know that.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 14:05 - Oct 26 with 4093 viewsVegtablue

Interestingly, fans' assessment of their 3-0 last night was that Wednesday were the better side for much of it, Cooper had one of his worst games in an Argyle shirt, and it was as incomplete a 3-0 performance as you'll hope (or not hope) to find.

From the outside looking in, though, they appear to have tightened up at the back and remain one of the better sides going forward. They're not higher up the table because they've given the opposition more than they've created themselves thus far, despite creating loads. Their positive GD is testament to sharper shooting and Whittaker's hit the post in his last two matches; I hope we limit his chances on Saturday.

If we both play our best we'll win by a couple.
What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 14:15 - Oct 26 with 4013 viewsSWBlue22

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 12:57 - Oct 26 by ArnieM

0-0 it is then. But I would be amazed if that was the outcome. Even though we keep winning I still don’t expect to win games whoever we play. This game is no different. Don’t think we will lose the game but could easily see a draw 2-2 3-3 4-4.
What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 15:31 - Oct 26 with 3806 viewstractordownsouth

Plymouth are a pretty open team and have been involved in a lot of high scoring games. That said, two of their three away points this season have come in 0-0 draws at West Brom and Watford. Cooper is back from injury which is a big boost for them.

I’ll go for another exciting game at Portman Road. 3-2 to Town.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 15:32]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 15:39 - Oct 26 with 3764 views_clive_baker_

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 14:05 - Oct 26 by Vegtablue

Interestingly, fans' assessment of their 3-0 last night was that Wednesday were the better side for much of it, Cooper had one of his worst games in an Argyle shirt, and it was as incomplete a 3-0 performance as you'll hope (or not hope) to find.

From the outside looking in, though, they appear to have tightened up at the back and remain one of the better sides going forward. They're not higher up the table because they've given the opposition more than they've created themselves thus far, despite creating loads. Their positive GD is testament to sharper shooting and Whittaker's hit the post in his last two matches; I hope we limit his chances on Saturday.

If we both play our best we'll win by a couple.

I didn't see the game so can't really comment, just saw the highlights but it's quite something to not play well and still come away with a clean sheet and having scored 3 (very nearly 4 or 5). The first was an excellent freekick, the 2nd some of the most comical defending you'll see all season.

I think it'll be tight and low scoring. We've seen a few open games at PR like Preston, Blackburn and Cardiff but I think Saturday we'll be conscious of being more resolute against their threats.
What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 15:51 - Oct 26 with 3706 viewsBigCommon

They don't know us very well at all, imo... We haven't played them since our massive transformation last season , post Bristol Rovers away.. We are a different side, and so much better than when we last played them... Additions such as, Hirst Luongo, Broadhead, Taylor, Clarke , Williams, and Hutchinson . Along with huge improvements in Burgess , Leif and Chaplin. Make us twice the team that failed to beat them last season (unluckily at PR).
We'll come out the blocks flying as we always do at home. There's goals in this one for us.
If they sit back for damage limitation we've got Broady and Hutch' with the ability to unlock a defence. If they play a more expansive game we'll cut them to shreds.. Forget previous games last season. We are miles ahead of them now. And should win this one comfortably..
I'm not trying to disrespect Argyle. Just comments based on what we've seen from our own team, over the last 30 odd matches...
Add to that, that KM in particular will want to win this one. Judging by the smile he had on his face when we won at Hillsborough. Another team that we failed to beat last season..
4-0, 4-1 Town..
What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 15:58 - Oct 26 with 3663 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

My prediction would be a 6-3 win.

Hurst to get a couple & they go down to 10 men
What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 16:00 - Oct 26 with 3651 viewsMullet

What to expect from Plymouth on Saturday? on 12:21 - Oct 26 by Illinoisblue

We should counter his soreness by giving them a guard of honour as they walk on the pitch and refer to them as L1 Champions in the programme and on the tannoy. Kill them with kindness. #mindgames

Get McKenna to was his feet ceremoniously in the technical area like Jesus and that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024