Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? 20:23 - Oct 8 with 2678 viewsportmanking

That 3rd goal, he was 2 yards out at the far post. Could've easily tried to nod it in himself, but instead knew a teammate was better-placed and teed up Broady. Marvellous. He's proving an excellent focal point for this team and even if he finishes the campaign on 8-9 goals, he'll have proved his worth multiple times over.
Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:27 - Oct 8 with 2626 viewsbournemouthblue

He does a very selfless job, occupying defenders and dragging opposition defenders across the pitch, it frees space for the number 10's to do the damage

Hopefully he continues to grow, I still think if we were promoted we may look again at Strikers but that's not an issue we have to worry about for a while

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:28 - Oct 8 with 2622 viewsportmanking

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:27 - Oct 8 by bournemouthblue

He does a very selfless job, occupying defenders and dragging opposition defenders across the pitch, it frees space for the number 10's to do the damage

Hopefully he continues to grow, I still think if we were promoted we may look again at Strikers but that's not an issue we have to worry about for a while

There's no doubt he's probably not a Premier League striker - at least not yet anyway. But he's another that's growing with the club - and by all accounts, he's a really nice young man to boot.
Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:32 - Oct 8 with 2589 viewsWeWereZombies

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:28 - Oct 8 by portmanking

There's no doubt he's probably not a Premier League striker - at least not yet anyway. But he's another that's growing with the club - and by all accounts, he's a really nice young man to boot.

Would prefer him not getting booted but if he is a nice young man to boot then I hope he is savvy enough to make sure we get the penalty...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:35 - Oct 8 with 2570 viewsHerbivore

He was very good again yesterday, he's got a bit of everything. His decision making for that third goal was superb, would have been so easy to try and squeeze it in himself but he gave his mate a tap in and guaranteed a goal when it would have been a tricky chance for him at the back stick. If he can add a few more goals he'll do well, did brilliantly to carve out that one on one but just needed to put it a foot wider of the keeper. Decent reaction stop from Woodman though, from behind the goal he got his foot out well and quickly to stop it slipping past him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:43 - Oct 8 with 2529 viewsTrequartista

Ditto Hutchinson on the 4th goal. I think in earlier games this season he would have had a shot, but got his head up and saw that a pass to Jackson was the best option.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:45 - Oct 8 with 2511 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Great hold up play as always. He actually seems to get very few chances. The one notable one yesterday he made himself through some slick footwork to beat the defender. He’s heavily marked which has freed up Chappers and Broadhead to get into scoring situations (as an aside I can’t believe they left Chappers unmarked for THAT corner. We’ve seen him do that so many times so assume Lowe didn’t do his homework there).

At some point I imagine opposition tactics will pay more heed to Chaplin and Broadhead and Hirst will get more space in good positions…
Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:47 - Oct 8 with 2498 viewsHerbivore

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:43 - Oct 8 by Trequartista

Ditto Hutchinson on the 4th goal. I think in earlier games this season he would have had a shot, but got his head up and saw that a pass to Jackson was the best option.

Hutchinson has been superb lately. Scoring goals, getting assists, fantastic contribution from him since the last international break.

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 21:15 - Oct 8 with 2389 viewsDubtractor

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:47 - Oct 8 by Herbivore

Hutchinson has been superb lately. Scoring goals, getting assists, fantastic contribution from him since the last international break.

Not meant as a dig at Edwards, who I loved watching, but the difference in output between Hutchinson and him is pretty remarkable.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 21:16 - Oct 8 with 2380 viewsHerbivore

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 21:15 - Oct 8 by Dubtractor

Not meant as a dig at Edwards, who I loved watching, but the difference in output between Hutchinson and him is pretty remarkable.

Indeed, think he already has more goal contributions in 2 months than Edwards managed in 2 years, and I say that as someone who always liked Edwards.

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 21:21 - Oct 8 with 2302 viewsMullet

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 21:15 - Oct 8 by Dubtractor

Think that's why one came to us at 22 or so in League One and the other on loan at 20 or so in the division above.

Hutchinson is another Maitland-Niles type loan isn't he? Hope he gives us lots of memories this season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 22:45 - Oct 8 with 2059 viewsGarv

He works as hard or harder than I can remember a striker of ours this century. Kuqi is the probably the obvious comparison.

Should have scored that chance on his left foot though.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 22:51 - Oct 8 with 2040 viewscharlie1

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:45 - Oct 8 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Great hold up play as always. He actually seems to get very few chances. The one notable one yesterday he made himself through some slick footwork to beat the defender. He’s heavily marked which has freed up Chappers and Broadhead to get into scoring situations (as an aside I can’t believe they left Chappers unmarked for THAT corner. We’ve seen him do that so many times so assume Lowe didn’t do his homework there).

At some point I imagine opposition tactics will pay more heed to Chaplin and Broadhead and Hirst will get more space in good positions…

Watch the replay from the elevated angle behind the goal.
Three blockers clear that space out for Chappers to run into.
Straight off the training ground.

But it was still a fantastic finish and the same angle shows just how good.
Keeper had no chance at all.
Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 05:39 - Oct 9 with 1727 viewsIPS_wich

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:43 - Oct 8 by Trequartista

Was going to type the same thing - you beat me to it.

The maturity of a 19 year old future star of the game to be so unselfish and pick Jackson out was remarkable. How many of us would have been at all surprised if he had taken a shot - he had time, a good angle and a chance to seal the victory - but instead he just rolled on a plate for Jackson to pass into an open net. Says everything you need to know about the team spirit and the focus of the manager.
Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 08:49 - Oct 9 with 1455 viewsGeoffSentence

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:45 - Oct 8 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Regarding the corner, there's this in Lowe's post match comments

“We knew what was coming with the first one - we showed it them yesterday and worked on it all week. We just watched it back with them and that’s the disappointing part, because [coach] Peter [Murphy] works hard on them and gives them all the information.

“It was probably a lack of communication with that goal, a player thinking someone was going to block the pass and they’ve got attracted to the man, not the ball. That has been a bit of a killer."

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 09:17 - Oct 9 with 1404 viewsEdwardStone

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 05:39 - Oct 9 by IPS_wich

Was going to type the same thing - you beat me to it.

The maturity of a 19 year old future star of the game to be so unselfish and pick Jackson out was remarkable. How many of us would have been at all surprised if he had taken a shot - he had time, a good angle and a chance to seal the victory - but instead he just rolled on a plate for Jackson to pass into an open net. Says everything you need to know about the team spirit and the focus of the manager.

Hutchy crossing to Kayden for a tap - in was actually one of my favourite moments on Saturday

What a marvellous demonstration of team play, unity and strength.

Big kudos to the young lad for a selfless pass to absolutely nail the 3 points

It is almost impossible for me to describe how much I love this club, this team and our progress since Gamechanger changed the game
Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 09:18 - Oct 9 with 1399 viewsCityBlue

Yes we can, and his work rate, but...and a big but...he should have put his chance away.

I T I D

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 09:40 - Oct 9 with 1342 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 20:28 - Oct 8 by portmanking

…if Kieffer Moore can play in the Premier, George Hirst will absolutely be able to play in that league at some point. He’s been absolutely fantastic and seems perfect for the role he’s now in.
Can we admire Hirst's unselfishness? on 09:54 - Oct 9 with 1297 viewstractordownsouth

He proved his worth just with that Barnsley goal!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024