Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When was the last time we played badly? 18:54 - Sep 27 with 2885 viewsDarkBrandon

One of those games where the manager says “hmm. Lots to work on after that”. Or usually makes a few changes for the next game. And the fans go “we just never turned up”.

I’m far from a regular at ITFC these days, so haven’t a clue.

When was the last time we played badly? on 18:58 - Sep 27 with 2836 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Under Paul Cook.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

When was the last time we played badly? on 19:07 - Sep 27 with 2810 viewsMK1

Probably against Bristol Rovers or Cheltenham. Not saying we were that bad, just not up to our now usual high standards.
When was the last time we played badly? on 19:11 - Sep 27 with 2785 viewsKeno

When was the last time we played badly? on 19:07 - Sep 27 by MK1

Probably against Bristol Rovers or Cheltenham. Not saying we were that bad, just not up to our now usual high standards.

was it Fleetwood or morecambe we ended up for the last game of last season?

some northern sh1t hole

we didnt play well that day, but then it didnt matter

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

[Redacted] on 19:11 - Sep 27 with 2783 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
When was the last time we played badly? on 19:14 - Sep 27 with 2763 viewsBigCommon

Cheltenham away, Fleetwood way...Not awful, but below par...
When was the last time we played badly? on 19:18 - Sep 27 with 2709 viewsFrimleyBlue

To the fans a long time

To KM. I bet he has a few he's not been happy with such his level of detail.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

When was the last time we played badly? on 19:19 - Sep 27 with 2711 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Bristol Rovers last February
When was the last time we played badly? on 19:39 - Sep 27 with 2644 viewsvilanovablue

When was the last time we played badly? on 19:19 - Sep 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Bristol Rovers last February

We're better against stubborn sides now.Going longer and a bit quicker helped in places
Login to get fewer ads

When was the last time we played badly? on 20:24 - Sep 27 with 2530 viewsdavblue

I thought we were well off it at QPR, not dreadful but a real off day.
When was the last time we played badly? on 20:27 - Sep 27 with 2522 viewsSomethingBlue

There have been some less good days but we have not been *bad* for about a year and a half. It's an incredible level of consistency.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

When was the last time we played badly? on 20:42 - Sep 27 with 2440 viewsSwansea_Blue

When was the last time we played badly? on 19:14 - Sep 27 by BigCommon

Yep. Cheltenham was poor, although the conditions were worst. Fleetwood they were on the beach (probably with good reason).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When was the last time we played badly? on 20:50 - Sep 27 with 2393 viewsFrimleyBlue

When was the last time we played badly? on 20:42 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. Cheltenham was poor, although the conditions were worst. Fleetwood they were on the beach (probably with good reason).

Fleetwood 2nd half at home... now that was a bad one.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

When was the last time we played badly? on 20:53 - Sep 27 with 2378 viewsBlueBoots

When was the last time we played badly? on 20:24 - Sep 27 by davblue

I thought we were well off it at QPR, not dreadful but a real off day.

Thought we were fine on the ball that day, and fine off it apart from when QPR managed to get the ball to Sinclair Armstrong; last 20 minutes when he'd gone off injured and our better fitness levels kicked in we were pretty much in control.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

When was the last time we played badly? on 20:56 - Sep 27 with 2346 viewsdavblue

When was the last time we played badly? on 20:53 - Sep 27 by BlueBoots

Thought we were fine on the ball that day, and fine off it apart from when QPR managed to get the ball to Sinclair Armstrong; last 20 minutes when he'd gone off injured and our better fitness levels kicked in we were pretty much in control.

I recall us passing it out of play at least 5 or 6 times for throw ins and we were slow moving the ball around.
When was the last time we played badly? on 20:58 - Sep 27 with 2332 viewsStewart27

Probably during the great disaster of January 2023 when we, er, drew a couple of games.
When was the last time we played badly? on 21:38 - Sep 27 with 2224 viewsMeadowlark

Bristol Rovers away, and Oxford away, but I couldn't see a thing at that match. Should've been called off.
When was the last time we played badly? on 21:42 - Sep 27 with 2209 viewsDarkBrandon

When was the last time we played badly? on 21:38 - Sep 27 by Meadowlark

Bristol Rovers away, and Oxford away, but I couldn't see a thing at that match. Should've been called off.

Yes, I watched Bristol Away on ifollow.

It started vague discussions about “no plan B” iirc
When was the last time we played badly? on 06:30 - Sep 28 with 1918 viewsDarth_Koont

During 2022 we were frequently a bit stuttery and inconsistent in attack. But nothing particularly bad, just that we didn’t quite reach the levels we wanted. And you could always see what McKenna was trying to do.

Since then, we’ve reached those levels very consistently, no matter who we put out there. That’s the benefit of seeing what a manager and his coaches can achieve with a squad when they’ve got the time to work with them and make enough of those marginal gains. And always working towards a clear way of playing helps massively too.

I’m sure we’ll have a bad result or two, maybe from pure bad luck. But I can’t see us dwelling too much on those and losing confidence given they won’t change the job the players need to do in the next game. That clarity of purpose is possibly McKenna’s and our biggest strength.

Pronouns: He/Him

When was the last time we played badly? on 08:59 - Sep 28 with 1714 viewsBigCommon

When was the last time we played badly? on 21:38 - Sep 27 by Meadowlark

Yeah, that Oxford game was a joke... Absolute lottery in the fog.
When was the last time we played badly? on 09:03 - Sep 28 with 1698 viewsTractorCam

When was the last time we played badly? on 19:14 - Sep 27 by BigCommon

I thought we battered Cheltenham and Fleetwood didn't really matter. Bristol Rovers was frustrating.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

When was the last time we played badly? on 09:07 - Sep 28 with 1687 viewsCityBlue

Fleetwood

I T I D

When was the last time we played badly? on 10:15 - Sep 28 with 1573 views_clive_baker_

When was the last time we played badly? on 19:07 - Sep 27 by MK1

Probably the last game of the season when we were on the beach and hungover.

We didn’t play particularly badly against Bristol Rovers. First half was slow, Sinclair hit the post and the probably had the better of it. 2nd we dominated, especially when Clarke switched to the left hand side. He very nearly scored at the near post towards the end, it was fine lines between a disaster in some peoples eyes and what would’ve been a ‘professional win’. The result often dictates the narrative, had we not found the winner at home to Port Vale it would probably be spoken about now as a poor performance (even though it wasn’t at all)
When was the last time we played badly? on 10:21 - Sep 28 with 1521 viewspointofblue

When was the last time we played badly? on 20:58 - Sep 27 by Stewart27

Probably during the great disaster of January 2023 when we, er, drew a couple of games.

We only won one league game in eight between the end of December and mid February, which is astounding looking back. The good performances in the FA Cup possibly diluted it to an extent.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

When was the last time we played badly? on 12:03 - Sep 28 with 1434 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I would say the worst we have played (and only for a period) was after Chaplin missed the pen against Sheffield Wednesday last season, at 2-0 we were absolutely awful and looked surely doomed to a pasting, and then a switch was flipped and boom, 2-2 and an utterly fantastic performance. We haven't looked back since.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024