Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaz in goal against Wolves 12:24 - Sep 27 with 2824 viewsitfcserbia

McKenna not wanting to start Slicker in goal because Hladky more experienced etc. or Walton planned for Huddersfield on Saturday so Hladky gets the cup fixture?

Whichever it is it seems like Hladky have had a bit of a lapse with confidence since Walton came back into fold? I though last night was maybe his weakest overall game all season.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:41 - Sep 27 with 2718 viewshomer_123

You reckon KM is gonna drop Walton in to Udders having had almost no pre-season and barely any training?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:42 - Sep 27 with 2718 viewsGeoffSentence

Why? He was absolutely fine last night. Passing was good. Made a fine save, albeit they got the rebound.

Just one brain fart, but he was put in an awkward position by Ball.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:43 - Sep 27 with 2687 viewsFrimleyBlue

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:42 - Sep 27 by GeoffSentence

Why? He was absolutely fine last night. Passing was good. Made a fine save, albeit they got the rebound.

Awkward? It wasn't at al awkward.

But agree tho it was just a mad moment. The rest of the game he was fine

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:47 - Sep 27 with 2676 viewsJimmyJazz

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:41 - Sep 27 by homer_123

You reckon KM is gonna drop Walton in to Udders having had almost no pre-season and barely any training?

It's almost as if the Wolves game would have been ideal for Walton to get him up to speed, so yeah maybe he is incoming on Saturday

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:47 - Sep 27 with 2672 viewsusm

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:43 - Sep 27 by FrimleyBlue

Think he should have dealt better with the header that led to their late disallowed 'goal'. Although maybe he had already heard the whistle as he seemed to be quite casual about it.
Deserves to stay in the team, IMO and I cant see Walton coming straight back in, although longer term he will I am sure be our No1 again.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:59 - Sep 27 with 2521 viewsGlasgowBlue

And yet he set up the move for Hutchinson’s goal, playing as a sweeper and his playing from the back started the 20 pass move that finished with the Taylor goal.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:05 - Sep 27 with 2466 viewshomer_123

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:47 - Sep 27 by JimmyJazz

It's almost as if the Wolves game would have been ideal for Walton to get him up to speed, so yeah maybe he is incoming on Saturday

I'd be genuinely shocked if he did come in.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:06 - Sep 27 with 2455 viewsitfcserbia

I'm not saying he was bad, just had a couple more iffy moments than used to, combined with the said brain fart.

I also don't think he should be dropped, just was curious why Slicker wasn't playing.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:07 - Sep 27 with 2449 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:59 - Sep 27 by GlasgowBlue

And yet he set up the move for Hutchinson’s goal, playing as a sweeper and his playing from the back started the 20 pass move that finished with the Taylor goal.

I've got no issue with Vaz, he's been superb, but not sure you can give him much credit for Taylor's goal given his involvement was passing it out about 5 yards.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:09 - Sep 27 with 2428 viewsAsa

I read a statistic last night that Hladky had prevented the most goals in the Championship. that were a certain expected XG with 4.0.

Second was 2.5 and third was 1.6, so Vaz has prevented the same basically as the 2nd and 3rd best combined.

Add to that how good he is with his feet, add to that 7 wins from 8, I just cannot see McKenna destroying Hladky's confidence, undermining the squad by dropping a player who has played so well, to bring in Walton who, whilst I think is slightly better overall, hasn't played at all this season and could well be rusty and need some games.

It would be a very odd move given how impressive McKenna seems to be at getting everything right.

Walton probably claims Leeds 2nd and Blackburn's 2nd but that aside how much more impressive could we get? I don't think we could have done any better with Walton, he'd have stopped some Hladky hasn't but may well have conceded a couple that Hladky has saved.

I don't see Walton getting back in now until Hladky has a tough spell.
Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:11 - Sep 27 with 2403 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:43 - Sep 27 by FrimleyBlue

Ball sold him short with the back pass. Had he tried to kick the ball then he’d have taken the player out and most likely given away a penalty.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 14:35]

Iron Lion Zion

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:13 - Sep 27 with 2374 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:07 - Sep 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've got no issue with Vaz, he's been superb, but not sure you can give him much credit for Taylor's goal given his involvement was passing it out about 5 yards.

He passed it twice. The whole move and all the players involved were part of a magnificent team built up to. Wonder goal. Vas is so important to the way we play.

Iron Lion Zion

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:15 - Sep 27 with 2362 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:09 - Sep 27 by Asa

I read a statistic last night that Hladky had prevented the most goals in the Championship. that were a certain expected XG with 4.0.

Second was 2.5 and third was 1.6, so Vaz has prevented the same basically as the 2nd and 3rd best combined.

Add to that how good he is with his feet, add to that 7 wins from 8, I just cannot see McKenna destroying Hladky's confidence, undermining the squad by dropping a player who has played so well, to bring in Walton who, whilst I think is slightly better overall, hasn't played at all this season and could well be rusty and need some games.

It would be a very odd move given how impressive McKenna seems to be at getting everything right.

Walton probably claims Leeds 2nd and Blackburn's 2nd but that aside how much more impressive could we get? I don't think we could have done any better with Walton, he'd have stopped some Hladky hasn't but may well have conceded a couple that Hladky has saved.

Sadly he will always be defined by his start under Cook. Walton has made some awful mistakes and errors of judgement that have lead to goals. But his overall performance negates that. Vas isn’t given the same benefit.

Iron Lion Zion

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:18 - Sep 27 with 2340 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:13 - Sep 27 by GlasgowBlue

He passed it twice. The whole move and all the players involved were part of a magnificent team built up to. Wonder goal. Vas is so important to the way we play.

Yeah, both very short, easy passes.

It was indeed a wonderful team and individual goal, and I agree Vas is so important to the way we play, I'm just saying that goal isn't the greatest example of his ability. My mum could've done both those passes.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:31 - Sep 27 with 2238 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Are over-age goalkeepers still allowed to play in the U-21 development league?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:49 - Sep 27 with 2149 viewsDubtractor

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 12:47 - Sep 27 by usm

Think he should have dealt better with the header that led to their late disallowed 'goal'. Although maybe he had already heard the whistle as he seemed to be quite casual about it.
Deserves to stay in the team, IMO and I cant see Walton coming straight back in, although longer term he will I am sure be our No1 again.

Tbf, the flag wnt up miles before the chaos, so we probably switched off as knew it didn't matter.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 14:06 - Sep 27 with 2047 viewsGeoffSentence

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:09 - Sep 27 by Asa

Hladky has made som excellent saves this season, to the point where I would actually be a bit nervous about bringing Walton back in. Let's not forget that Walton had his own dodgy periods. Was it last season, or maybe the one before, where he had a spell where practically every opposition shot on target went in, I was beginning to wonder if he would ever make a save again. Thankfully he came out of that and was as good as ever.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 14:36 - Sep 27 with 1915 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 14:06 - Sep 27 by GeoffSentence

Hladky has made som excellent saves this season, to the point where I would actually be a bit nervous about bringing Walton back in. Let's not forget that Walton had his own dodgy periods. Was it last season, or maybe the one before, where he had a spell where practically every opposition shot on target went in, I was beginning to wonder if he would ever make a save again. Thankfully he came out of that and was as good as ever.

Basically October through to the ned of January. Walton made more mistakes against Charlton away than Vas has all season.

Iron Lion Zion

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 14:55 - Sep 27 with 1845 viewsfarkenhell

Vaz in goal against Wolves on 13:15 - Sep 27 by GlasgowBlue

Sadly he will always be defined by his start under Cook. Walton has made some awful mistakes and errors of judgement that have lead to goals. But his overall performance negates that. Vas isn’t given the same benefit.

Probably best thing about this run in the team is that he should no longer be defined by his start under Cook.
Vaz in goal against Wolves on 15:23 - Sep 27 with 1728 viewsCityBlue

Big games ( vs EPL opposition) are good experiences for Vas

I T I D

[Redacted] on 16:34 - Sep 27 with 1601 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Vaz in goal against Wolves (n/t) on 17:36 - Sep 27 with 1497 viewskeighleyblue

[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 17:38]
Vaz in goal against Wolves on 18:10 - Sep 27 with 1397 viewsDavoIPB

He didn't come for crosses. Kicking was poor a lot of the time. Seemed really hesitant. Think Walton will be back really soon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024