Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? 09:33 - Sep 27 with 4827 viewsartsbossbeard

Not 100% sure how I feel about this.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 09:34 - Sep 27 with 4022 viewsBigCommon

Why?. Out of interest...
Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 09:38 - Sep 27 with 3976 viewsZx1988

So has Harry Kane, I discovered this morning. So they can't be all that bad.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 09:40 - Sep 27 with 3962 viewsCopfordBlue

Unless you are 14 or under you shouldn’t feel anything about it. He can wear Crocs for all I care if he plays the way he has done for the past year.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:10 - Sep 27 with 3817 viewsyorkshireblue

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 09:38 - Sep 27 by Zx1988

So has Harry Kane, I discovered this morning. So they can't be all that bad.

https://theathletic.com/4784817/2023/09/08/harry-kane-skechers-deal/
Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:38 - Sep 27 with 3721 viewsartsbossbeard

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 09:34 - Sep 27 by BigCommon

Why?. Out of interest...

Well, on one hand, it's ace that a brand looking for paid advertisers of their wears have singled out Chappers for a deal, on the other hand, Sketchers are missing jigsaw piece in the Benidorm holiday outfit where a quick trip to Sportsdirect, sees you in a Muscle Sports vest, Lonsdale 3/4 trousers and a pair of Slazenger sunnies.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:46 - Sep 27 with 3650 viewsitfc48

I do find it odd they've gone with a single model at £195. Hardly appeals to the mass markets. What Adidas and Nike have always done well is have varied price points for each boot line.
Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:48 - Sep 27 with 3644 viewsbaxterbasics

There's no T in Skechers.

Not that I want to give away who I work for, but I look forward to meeting Chappers and possibly Harry Kane at our next Christmas do.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:53 - Sep 27 with 3601 viewsartsbossbeard

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:48 - Sep 27 by baxterbasics

Not that I want to give away who I work for, but I look forward to meeting Chappers and possibly Harry Kane at our next Christmas do.

Hi Jamie.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:54 - Sep 27 with 3583 viewsbaxterbasics

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:53 - Sep 27 by artsbossbeard

Hi Jamie.

Jamie was at the last Christmas do. I had the surreal experience of being hauled up on stage to sing Jingle Bells, along side him, Denise Lewis, and accompanied on the piano by Myleene Klass.

zip

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:55 - Sep 27 with 3575 viewshomer_123

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:54 - Sep 27 by baxterbasics

Jamie was at the last Christmas do. I had the surreal experience of being hauled up on stage to sing Jingle Bells, along side him, Denise Lewis, and accompanied on the piano by Myleene Klass.

If Keno reads this - he's going to explode....Myleene!!!!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:57 - Sep 27 with 3549 viewsbaxterbasics

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:55 - Sep 27 by homer_123

If Keno reads this - he's going to explode....Myleene!!!!

She is even more delightful in person.

zip

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 11:38 - Sep 27 with 3400 viewsblueasfook

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:38 - Sep 27 by artsbossbeard

Well, on one hand, it's ace that a brand looking for paid advertisers of their wears have singled out Chappers for a deal, on the other hand, Sketchers are missing jigsaw piece in the Benidorm holiday outfit where a quick trip to Sportsdirect, sees you in a Muscle Sports vest, Lonsdale 3/4 trousers and a pair of Slazenger sunnies.

I have a pair of Skechers with memory foam soles. Have to say they are really comfy! There are far more chavvy brands of trainers to me. Reebok, Ellesse for example.

I don't get the Skechers hate. I will add though, I wouldnt wear any kind of sports trainer for casual. For a dress trainer, I wear Adidas Gazelles or similar.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 11:46 - Sep 27 with 3363 viewsbaxterbasics

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 11:38 - Sep 27 by blueasfook

I have a pair of Skechers with memory foam soles. Have to say they are really comfy! There are far more chavvy brands of trainers to me. Reebok, Ellesse for example.

I don't get the Skechers hate. I will add though, I wouldnt wear any kind of sports trainer for casual. For a dress trainer, I wear Adidas Gazelles or similar.

Skechers focus on comfort obviously has earned them a rep for being an older persons choice. But there is quite a range out there and there are other countries worldwide where the brand is popular with the kids. Really huge with the Tween market in the USA.

The move into the football boots market is a strange one and risky IMO, especially with a £200 price tag. As has been pointed out, at least the likes of Nike provide cheaper options in their range. But they seem to be doing the business for Kane, he's scored a bunch o' goals in them already. I understand there was extensive testing and development done there.

We had the first consignment at the distribution centre in Bury weeks in advance and were not allowed to breathe a word until the announcement.

zip

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 12:07 - Sep 27 with 3267 viewsBluespeed225

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 11:46 - Sep 27 by baxterbasics

Skechers focus on comfort obviously has earned them a rep for being an older persons choice. But there is quite a range out there and there are other countries worldwide where the brand is popular with the kids. Really huge with the Tween market in the USA.

The move into the football boots market is a strange one and risky IMO, especially with a £200 price tag. As has been pointed out, at least the likes of Nike provide cheaper options in their range. But they seem to be doing the business for Kane, he's scored a bunch o' goals in them already. I understand there was extensive testing and development done there.

We had the first consignment at the distribution centre in Bury weeks in advance and were not allowed to breathe a word until the announcement.

They do a safety boot that some of our lads really rate. Light when on your feet all day but with the toe-tection.
Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 12:38 - Sep 27 with 3172 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 11:38 - Sep 27 by blueasfook

Dear Dadsnet,

I recently read that trainers are now formal wear and mustn't be worn casual. Is this correct?

Am I OK in Clarks leather boots for work?

Worried,

Edinburgh
Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 12:50 - Sep 27 with 3055 viewsTalkingBlues

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 11:46 - Sep 27 by baxterbasics

The boots appearance and technology is a blatant copy of Nike, which is unsurprising, when you learn that Skechers nicked a few people from, you guessed it, Nike, to develop the boots for them.

As pointed out, the difference is that Nike offer a large range that encompass the technology at lower price points and at the end of the day, the Nike brand is simply never going to lose its boot market share to Skechers.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 12:57]

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 13:03 - Sep 27 with 2970 viewsblueasfook

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 12:38 - Sep 27 by ArnoldMoorhen

Dear Dadsnet,

I recently read that trainers are now formal wear and mustn't be worn casual. Is this correct?

Am I OK in Clarks leather boots for work?

Worried,

Edinburgh

Jesus, you done yourself no favours there. Clarks lol?

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 16:56 - Sep 27 with 2670 viewsronnyd

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:48 - Sep 27 by baxterbasics

There's no 'F in boots' either.
Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 17:00 - Sep 27 with 2651 viewsBigCommon

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 10:38 - Sep 27 by artsbossbeard

Ah got ya.. Thought there might be some political agender on the OP.
Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 17:04 - Sep 27 with 2636 viewsMullet

It's a bit of a left turn for a brand that seems a bit "mumsy" but I think they tried deals with lots of popstars in the 00's to try and break out of that market.

Unless they're Puma Kings they're not proper boots anyway.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 23:22 - Sep 27 with 2266 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 13:03 - Sep 27 by blueasfook

Jesus, you done yourself no favours there. Clarks lol?

Best quality, most comfortable, shoes I have worn in years.
Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 23:40 - Sep 27 with 2212 viewsblueasfook

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 23:22 - Sep 27 by ArnoldMoorhen

Best quality, most comfortable, shoes I have worn in years.

Are you a geography teacher?

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 23:46 - Sep 27 with 2204 viewsCoastalblue

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 23:40 - Sep 27 by blueasfook

One the one hand you own Skechers, on the other you're mocking Clarks.

Mixed messages.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 00:46 - Sep 28 with 2143 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 23:40 - Sep 27 by blueasfook

Good grief, no.

I didn't even do Geography at A Level.
Anyone else notice that Chappers has got a Sketchers boot deal? on 02:40 - Sep 28 with 2106 viewsHong_Kong_Bluey

That made me smile. I've worked with Skechers on transportation for more than 15 years, and the "no T in Skechers" comes up so often.

For one, I'm happy Chappers has his deal with Skechers. I know most of the guys in Manhattan Beach very well, and they are a genuine lovely bunch of owners and management with a real family feel and attitude. Would much rather be associated with this brand, than other footwear behemoths.

Enjoy the Christmas bash!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024