Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You can’t drop the keeper now. 03:30 - Sep 20 with 3163 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Injuries suck (as they would say this side of the water) but also a part of sports. In every game we have won by a goal he’s made crucial saves. He’s conceded what, one away from home? Excellent distribution as well. Outside of a shaky half against Leeds it just wouldn’t be fair on Hladky, at all. He’s very much part of a team that’s won 5 out of 6.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 3:33]
You can’t drop the keeper now. on 05:41 - Sep 20 with 3028 viewstextbackup

Leeds aside he’s been fantastic, faultless.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 06:31 - Sep 20 with 2934 viewsLeoMuff

Distribution is a step up on Walton, Christian will have to be patient.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:28 - Sep 20 with 2628 viewsRobTheMonk

He's been a revelation. Looked shaky against Sunderland, but his footwork recently has been ridiculous. He's always in the right spot as the sweeper keeper role too.

Making match winning saves game after game.

This is the Hladky we all wanted when he came in from Salford.
You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:31 - Sep 20 with 2595 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think he'll continue to be our keeper unless he suddenly goes backwards.

Kicking has come on incredibly well, nice and calm, although heartattack moment last night lol.

Shot stopping % well above that of Waltons last season.

Brave in the box, coming off his line getting fists to things etc.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:34 - Sep 20 with 2583 viewsRobTheMonk

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:31 - Sep 20 by FrimleyBlue

Think he'll continue to be our keeper unless he suddenly goes backwards.

Kicking has come on incredibly well, nice and calm, although heartattack moment last night lol.

Shot stopping % well above that of Waltons last season.

Brave in the box, coming off his line getting fists to things etc.

He gives me a heart attack moment with his passing every game lol. But he always gets away with it which makes me think he knows what he's doing haha!
You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:35 - Sep 20 with 2580 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:28 - Sep 20 by RobTheMonk

He's been a revelation. Looked shaky against Sunderland, but his footwork recently has been ridiculous. He's always in the right spot as the sweeper keeper role too.

Making match winning saves game after game.

This is the Hladky we all wanted when he came in from Salford.

Quite.

My *only* concern over Hladky vs Walton is Vas doesn't command his area as well. There have been a few instance of balls being palmed/slapped away that should have been claimed.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:51 - Sep 20 with 2484 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The best thing of all is that there is no need to rush bringing Walton back. When (if) he returns he needs to be 100% match fit, and preferably on top form having put in a string of great performances in the Reserves.

If he isn't playing better in the Reserves than Hladky is in the First Team, then he shouldn't come in for him.
You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:57 - Sep 20 with 2447 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:51 - Sep 20 by ArnoldMoorhen

The best thing of all is that there is no need to rush bringing Walton back. When (if) he returns he needs to be 100% match fit, and preferably on top form having put in a string of great performances in the Reserves.

If he isn't playing better in the Reserves than Hladky is in the First Team, then he shouldn't come in for him.

Sub keepers really don't turn out for the U21s anymore. We haven't seen Slicker play for example.
The decision will be made in training and based on what attributes Walton/Hladky give to the team and McKenna's style.

As good as Hladky has been, I'd expect Walton to come back in once fit.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 9:58]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 10:00 - Sep 20 with 2426 viewsSomethingBlue

He looks very confident doesn't he, it's growing noticeably and he's got used to the way he'll be pressed at this level. Might take Walton time to do that. Definitely a decision to be made, where previously I didn't really think there would be one.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 10:05 - Sep 20 with 2398 viewsArnoldMoorhen

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:57 - Sep 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

Sub keepers really don't turn out for the U21s anymore. We haven't seen Slicker play for example.
The decision will be made in training and based on what attributes Walton/Hladky give to the team and McKenna's style.

But first choice keepers don't usually spend 6 months out with an injury.

Walton will need to find form before returning, and just groove the patterns of play and his distribution.
You can’t drop the keeper now. on 10:23 - Sep 20 with 2346 viewsNthQldITFC

I haven't commented of Hladky before because, whilst he's done very little wrong and distributed very well, I've had this nagging thought that his Achilles heel is his confidence and quietness and I've been nervous that one or two things will go wrong and he'll lose his mojo a bit. Walton is class, vocal, dominant in the air and his distribution is pretty decent too.

But I have to say that for the first time I'm now starting to question myself on this. Hladky seems to be growing in self-confidence all the time (as he should be given how well he's done) and that distribution and calmness when inviting the press has been excellent. It's hard to tell without being on the pitch how good the communication between keeper and defence is, but if this aspect is up to scratch (even if a bit quieter than usual) then I think there might be a genuine case for Walton having to wait for an opportunity.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 10:26 - Sep 20 with 2313 viewsNazemariner

He's done well, but he is our no.2 keeper. For me, Walton comes straight back in when fit.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 10:27]
You can’t drop the keeper now. on 23:14 - Sep 20 with 2082 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:57 - Sep 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

The decision should be on the results surely, that's where points are put on the board. It's not pre season training. A GKs importance for tactics is less than the outfield players for a particular opposition style.

Until he gives you a reason to drop him, you have to play the hot hand so to speak. It's a good problem to have really but his saves in 1 goal margin games and clean sheets mean he should stay in for now IMO.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 23:18]
You can’t drop the keeper now. on 23:43 - Sep 20 with 1991 viewsArnoldMoorhen

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 10:26 - Sep 20 by Nazemariner

He's done well, but he is our no.2 keeper. For me, Walton comes straight back in when fit.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 10:27]

Once upon a time Bart was our second choice keeper behind Dean Gerken.

Garden had an injury. Bart did brilliantly.

He kept the jersey.
You can’t drop the keeper now. on 06:22 - Sep 21 with 1837 viewsPioneerBlue

Hladky has been a real bright light. He’s probably the epitome of the player we’ve had supporting in the squad, working hard in the background to improve, waiting his time, providing competition for a preferred starter, helping drive standards each day. Taking his chance now, delighted for him and the team but we’ve not seen Walton at this level and there will be interesting decisions to be made as the season goes by.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 07:25 - Sep 21 with 1769 viewsVic

Was he a Cook or Hurst signing?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 08:30 - Sep 21 with 1622 viewsWallingford_Boy

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 09:51 - Sep 20 by ArnoldMoorhen

There hasn’t been a reserve side for about 15 years!

And we don’t field overage players in the u21s anymore.

RIP Sir Bobby

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 08:33 - Sep 21 with 1616 viewsBigCommon

Hladky won't be dropped, as such. But moved to his usual role as part of the match day squad, once Walton has fully recovered.
Walton is one of our top earners, broken two club clean sheet records and is our first choice keeper. Can't see him sitting on our bench, tbh.
Hladky has done well. But I still feel a bit jittery when high balls come into our box.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:39 - Sep 21 with 1596 viewsPrideOfTheEast

You can’t drop the keeper now. on 23:14 - Sep 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The decision should be on the results surely, that's where points are put on the board. It's not pre season training. A GKs importance for tactics is less than the outfield players for a particular opposition style.

Until he gives you a reason to drop him, you have to play the hot hand so to speak. It's a good problem to have really but his saves in 1 goal margin games and clean sheets mean he should stay in for now IMO.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 23:18]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024