Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not seen anything like this after a game before 17:25 - Sep 16 with 37773 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

About 100 Sheffield Wednesday youths with smoke bombs and their face covered have just kicked the sh*t out of about 30 of our fans (youths who were being lairy in response to the Wednesday fans waiting near the away end for a fight).

And now it’s happened again about 30 on 5. They’re just picking Ipswich fans out at this point. Some young lads just had his head stamped on in someone’s garden.

Suspect you’ll hear a lot about this on twitter and here tonight but there’s shirters on both sides getting caught up and women with their kids crying in the street. Coppers nowhere to be seen and it’s gone on 15 minutes ffs.

First time I’ve ever been relieved I’m not wearing Ipswich colours at an away game before. F**king animals and an embarrassment to their club.

A dampener on the day to be honest.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:11 - Sep 16 with 5023 viewsIllinoisblue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:04 - Sep 16 by gainsboroughblue

I think that may have been the day I was nervously watching a WBA fan holding a brick and looking at us for 20 minutes in the first half. Can remember thinking why, how and what. He did eventually get dragged out.

Those were the days!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:13 - Sep 16 with 5013 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:04 - Sep 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

If 'it doesn't make it acceptable', what point are you making.
Literally sounds like you're saying, "ah, thats nothing"

The point I'm making is my surprise that he's "not seen anything like this... before". It may not be as prevalent now, which is good, bu didn't come to a complete halt on 31/12/79 either.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:14 - Sep 16 with 4996 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:06 - Sep 16 by reusersfreekicks

Pointless comment - things have moved on a long way since then. Makes this report all the more disturbing

Pointless reply.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:17 - Sep 16 with 4939 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:07 - Sep 16 by BlueBadger

I'm not sure that 'it's alright, people got sth sh1t knocked out of them at football 50 years ago as well' is quite the stirring inspirational post you think it is.

I'm not here to be your inspiration- look elsewhere
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:19 - Sep 16 with 4916 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:13 - Sep 16 by Alberto_the_frog

The point I'm making is my surprise that he's "not seen anything like this... before". It may not be as prevalent now, which is good, bu didn't come to a complete halt on 31/12/79 either.

Don't be flippant.

We all know it went on, you being old enough to witness it in all its 'glory' doesn't make you or it special. Stop assuming anyone who 'wasn't there' doesn't matter.

I remember it too, it was fking horrible, constantly wondering if you were going to end up with your head stoved in, treated as cattle on the way to the abattoir by football clubs, and like something on their shoe by the police. I had more than one trucheon to the back of the head at games in the 80's, simply for walking too close to a surly copper.

That hasn't been around for years and years, what the OP is talking about here is unusual. The 'good old days' were not better.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:20 - Sep 16 with 4890 viewsArnieM

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:04 - Sep 16 by Horsham

The 70’s was half a century ago though.

So it might be. But he’s right and it happened most games . I remember running battles throughout the North Stand in those days . West Ham, Leeds, Spurs being particularly vivid.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:21 - Sep 16 with 4879 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:19 - Sep 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Don't be flippant.

We all know it went on, you being old enough to witness it in all its 'glory' doesn't make you or it special. Stop assuming anyone who 'wasn't there' doesn't matter.

I remember it too, it was fking horrible, constantly wondering if you were going to end up with your head stoved in, treated as cattle on the way to the abattoir by football clubs, and like something on their shoe by the police. I had more than one trucheon to the back of the head at games in the 80's, simply for walking too close to a surly copper.

That hasn't been around for years and years, what the OP is talking about here is unusual. The 'good old days' were not better.

No, they weren't better, but they're not that old either. There were a few things better about football back then, though.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:23 - Sep 16 with 4856 viewsbackwaywhen

I bet they won’t wait outside for Leeds or Millwall , little sh#ts , bet they were not even at the game as the police would monitor them game after game .
Login to get fewer ads

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:26 - Sep 16 with 4834 viewsyorkshireblue

I was down that road (wearing a town shirt for what it’s worth) and saw the incident. There were two coppers, who both stopped to help an elderly woman caught in the melee, and that was it.

Whilst I won’t condone what happened to it - I walked down the road near young town fan who ended up in the garden and he was absolutely spoiling for a fight and tried it on with several Wednesday fans who didn’t react. Myself and other town fans told him not to be a co(k and was told to fizz off…. Again, I was wearing a town shirt so no confusing who I supported. Unfortunately he found that group who were clearly also up for a scrap… hopefully he’s (and everybody else) not too hurt and he has learnt a lesson.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:30 - Sep 16 with 4762 viewsHorsham

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:21 - Sep 16 by Alberto_the_frog

No, they weren't better, but they're not that old either. There were a few things better about football back then, though.

I don’t feel nostalgic for that aspect of those times though.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:32 - Sep 16 with 4736 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:00 - Sep 16 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, some of our younger fans will learn that the hard way, maybe today.

There are some that haven’t lived the previous generations and think they can give it the big un coming out of away grounds, the home fans don’t like it and one day they will bite. It’s wrong of course, and I don’t condone it whatsoever…. But sometimes it’s best to keep quiet and move away discreetly, for your own well-being as much as anything else.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 18:53]

As I said though, it’s one thing attacking lairy Ipswich fans who arguably brought it on themselves (not that it was a fair fight anyway) but a whole different kettle of fish picking off random Town fans 15 minutes after that fight has stopped. If I’d have had my Ipswich coat on I’d have taken a kicking from dozens of Wednesday fans there despite keeping my head down and saying nothing.

It’s disgraceful

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:37 - Sep 16 with 4623 viewsbackwaywhen

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:41 - Sep 16 by brogansnose

If it happens after every game, and the hotdog woman knows, how the hell don't plod ?

Out of curiosity then , did it happen to us at last seasons game ?
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:41 - Sep 16 with 4580 viewsstrikalite

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:13 - Sep 16 by Alberto_the_frog

It didn't but for at least the last 20 years you have CCTV everywhere and usually enough coppers about, then you have the keeping the fans behind too...

The fact that their faces are covered means they know they won't get done and lets be honest I doubt the Police will even try and find them, as sad as that is..

oh and Glad you're alright Rommy.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 18:43]
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:44 - Sep 16 with 4544 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:37 - Sep 16 by backwaywhen

Out of curiosity then , did it happen to us at last seasons game ?

Last season there was a Bt if trouble outside the back of the away end. Nothing major though.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:46 - Sep 16 with 4530 viewsMetal_Hacker

Saw it as I walked out. Vile Yorkshire tw4ts. They were only about 15-17 year olds. Got caught up in it for a few seconds.

Scum

Home safe and sound though

Poll: If it were one or the other

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:48 - Sep 16 with 4503 viewsMetal_Hacker

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:40 - Sep 16 by Matt_Netherlands

Sounds very nasty. You said they were nowhere to be seen, but did you call the police?!

Police were nowhere to be seen

They were around the corner at the tram stop - when I say “they” I meant the 3 of them

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:05 - Sep 16 with 4319 viewstpsontour

I was in the home end last season, the section nearest our fans in the away end. It was a horrible bunch by me that almost got the match abandoned by repeatedly throwing coins and lighters at the lino.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:09 - Sep 16 with 4299 viewsDyland

Sorry to hear that Rommers, and for everyone else unwillingly caught up in it. I've witnessed a lot of violence in my life, away from football as well, and it still makes me nauseous. Stamping on heads (I've seen this on roads i.e. a rock solid surface) is well beyond immature fighty behaviour, it's unbridled rage and technically can be attempted murder. Animals, they should be locked up.

The following is in no way excusing the Wednesday yobs, because ganging up ten on one and stamping on people when they're down is disgusting, inexcusable, and deserving of prison sentences...

I've said a few times recently how I've slowly gone to fewer and fewer away games over the last ten odd years, and now don't really bother at all. Because there's a very vocal minority of Town fans, probably 18- 25 kind of age, who are deeply unpleasant to be around, can't handle their booze and low grade gak, are gobby and spoiling for a fight, but look like pretty non-fighting scrotes. They don't deserve to be stamped on, obviously. But you're gonna eventually get a proper kicking if you give it large all the time.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:10 - Sep 16 with 4259 viewsITFCSG

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:46 - Sep 16 by Metal_Hacker

Saw it as I walked out. Vile Yorkshire tw4ts. They were only about 15-17 year olds. Got caught up in it for a few seconds.

Scum

Not surprised. Two ran past me screaming "Die, Eepsweech. Dieeeee!"

Looked like in their mid-teens. Encountered a similar situation at Bramall Lane years ago as well. I wonder what kind of parenting goes on in Sheffield.

I mean if these happens every week then where are the police? Not a single one in sight. I don't think we are public enemy No.1 for them as well.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 19:45]
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:11 - Sep 16 with 4221 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yep saw the smoke bomb walking down the road and wondered what was going on.

A bunch of spotty Wednesday kids thinking they were well hard and chasing after anyone who looked their way, but they weren't really about it when they started going after adults who didn’t just cower. Absolute losers.

Shocking policing in what is always a hostile walk post game. Hope all the kids who got hurt are ok.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:18 - Sep 16 with 4107 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Said to Miss Slave as we passed a group of Stone Island clad lads heading back towards the ground that trouble was brewing. Sorry to be reading this back in Leeds and proved right.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:33 - Sep 16 with 3965 viewsEastTownBlue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:01 - Sep 16 by Illinoisblue

Recall once getting off a travel club coach at WBA and the copper reminding us to keep our fking mouths shut.

Remember a copper saying something similar to a loud group of Town fans walking through the streets of Wolverhampton in 2015. One of those places that has an edge to it, particularly following reading the experiences of Town fans during the FA cup match in 1994.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:41 - Sep 16 with 3842 viewskeighleyblue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:46 - Sep 16 by Metal_Hacker

Scum

what the hell has being from Yorkshire got to do with it. Idiotic comment.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 20:09 - Sep 16 with 3592 viewsRyorry

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:41 - Sep 16 by keighleyblue

Was about to say exactly the same.

Don't hear such comments about "Lancastrians" when a few dozen young Bolton or ManCity 'fans' behave like that; ditto those of other clubs from other counties, nor "Londoners" when it's Chelsea etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 20:13 - Sep 16 with 3526 viewsMetal_Hacker

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:41 - Sep 16 by keighleyblue

Forgive me if I’m wrong , they’re from Yorkshire right ?

Makes them vile Yorkshire scum

And for the record my Mrs is from Yorkshire and I live in Sheffield and have many friends who are from yorkshire who are superb people …better than most

So in answer to your “idiotic “ reply / response - those attacking my fellow Town fans were/ are more than likely from Yorkshire and most definitely scum

Now go away you t1t
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 20:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024