Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not seen anything like this after a game before 17:25 - Sep 16 with 37781 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

About 100 Sheffield Wednesday youths with smoke bombs and their face covered have just kicked the sh*t out of about 30 of our fans (youths who were being lairy in response to the Wednesday fans waiting near the away end for a fight).

And now it’s happened again about 30 on 5. They’re just picking Ipswich fans out at this point. Some young lads just had his head stamped on in someone’s garden.

Suspect you’ll hear a lot about this on twitter and here tonight but there’s shirters on both sides getting caught up and women with their kids crying in the street. Coppers nowhere to be seen and it’s gone on 15 minutes ffs.

First time I’ve ever been relieved I’m not wearing Ipswich colours at an away game before. F**king animals and an embarrassment to their club.

A dampener on the day to be honest.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:05 - Sep 17 with 4449 viewsgosblue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 11:59 - Sep 17 by yorkshireblue

That looked like a set up where the girl winds him up, he reacts and the young scroats jump in. Some of the young lads in the video were looking for trouble outside the away end. I recognise the hoodie with the Vim Diesel goggles in the hood. My missus said they were going to start something.The Suffolk coppers were warning young town fans to keep their heads down so they suspected something was afoot. Why didn’t the small number of police officers (I counted six) lining the route have body cams? We got away pretty sharpish after the celebrations because my missus was very nervous (she has good instincts) but we heard the first commotion. Didn’t something similar happen at QPR?
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 21:07 - Sep 17 with 4121 viewsGiant_Midget

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:26 - Sep 16 by yorkshireblue

I was down that road (wearing a town shirt for what it’s worth) and saw the incident. There were two coppers, who both stopped to help an elderly woman caught in the melee, and that was it.

Whilst I won’t condone what happened to it - I walked down the road near young town fan who ended up in the garden and he was absolutely spoiling for a fight and tried it on with several Wednesday fans who didn’t react. Myself and other town fans told him not to be a co(k and was told to fizz off…. Again, I was wearing a town shirt so no confusing who I supported. Unfortunately he found that group who were clearly also up for a scrap… hopefully he’s (and everybody else) not too hurt and he has learnt a lesson.

I suspect we witnessed the same lad/incident. He eventually picked on a group of teenage girls, and a group of young Wednesday fans gave him a hiding. Hopefully he only has cuts and bruises and has learned his lesson.

Edit: Just spotted the video from twitter, it was that incident I witnessed.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 21:16]
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 21:13 - Sep 17 with 4091 viewsHipsterectomy

Their forum says this is all made up and exaggerated and that the Blades
Are much worse

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:41 - Sep 18 with 3451 viewsSitfcB

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2023/september/supporter-conduct-reminder/

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:44 - Sep 18 with 3449 viewsxrayspecs

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:41 - Sep 18 by SitfcB

This is Chansiri all over - they lead on the vandalism of the banner thanking him (a "fan" banner) and then cover the violence..
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:49 - Sep 18 with 3417 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:44 - Sep 18 by xrayspecs

This is Chansiri all over - they lead on the vandalism of the banner thanking him (a "fan" banner) and then cover the violence..

Odd how NethertonOwl, who was hanging around here like a fly around sh it last season hasn't popped up on this thread.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:38 - Sep 18 with 3317 viewsRobbie12345

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 11:59 - Sep 17 by yorkshireblue

Came on here after seeing this vid. As a male in my mid 20s who attended Saturday by themselves I actually (in hindsight foolishly) felt safe enough to openly have my Town shirt on show both before and after the game, unlike most away matches. For balance, the multiple home fans I interacted with were very friendly and had a 15 min post game chat with a Wed supporting middle-aged male at the tram stop regarding both our clubs.

Did witness one young presumably Town fan, between the away end and the Lep Lane tram stop, get right in a middle aged Wed supporting male’s face shouting something like ‘youu bluuuesss’ multiple times until he got throttled. At which point I waved over 2 policemen who attempted to de-escalate things. As others have said, sufficiently more officers should have been present to deter conflicts, idiots provoking such reactions and those seeking out fights, rather than just 2 in one of the most key areas.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 20:48 - Sep 18 with 3111 viewspointofblue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:41 - Sep 18 by SitfcB

YOU MUST NOT DEFACE ARTIFACTS GLORIFYING OUR DEAR LEADER.

Oh, and... um... if you could not beat up rival fans... we'd be grateful... so, er... thanks.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 20:48 - Sep 18 with 3127 viewsWednesdayJon

Disgusting behaviour by a cowardly group of individuals.
No-one should have to face or witness violence or intimidation before, during or after simply attending a sporting event.

I know a few on here call us a thuggish club, missile throwers to a man, and 'Northern scum', amongst other things.
But 99.9% of us are just like you, and abhor the few 'missile throwers' and the despicable & cowardly lads who set about your fan(s) outside the ground yesterday.
I hope everyone got home safe, and, as a fellow football fan am saddened that anyone should feel threatened, intimidated attending our ground or our City .
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 20:56 - Sep 18 with 3056 viewspointofblue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 20:48 - Sep 18 by WednesdayJon

No-one should have to face or witness violence or intimidation before, during or after simply attending a sporting event.

I know a few on here call us a thuggish club, missile throwers to a man, and 'Northern scum', amongst other things.
But 99.9% of us are just like you, and abhor the few 'missile throwers' and the despicable & cowardly lads who set about your fan(s) outside the ground yesterday.
I hope everyone got home safe, and, as a fellow football fan am saddened that anyone should feel threatened, intimidated attending our ground or our City .

I hope the majority realise that the thugs are very much in the minority, and every club has their lunatic element. It's just unfortunate Wednesday's have come to the fore for our last two visits, with the missile throwing last season to what happened on Saturday this time around.

I would wish you luck for the rest of the season, but I fear you need more than that. Even if Xisco is sacked, I dread to think who Chansiri will bring in - at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Lambert made a return to Portman Road in March.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 20:57]

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 23:01 - Sep 18 with 2829 viewsWednesdayJon

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 20:56 - Sep 18 by pointofblue

I hope the majority realise that the thugs are very much in the minority, and every club has their lunatic element. It's just unfortunate Wednesday's have come to the fore for our last two visits, with the missile throwing last season to what happened on Saturday this time around.

I would wish you luck for the rest of the season, but I fear you need more than that. Even if Xisco is sacked, I dread to think who Chansiri will bring in - at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Lambert made a return to Portman Road in March.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 20:57]

Lambert to us? ..... What fresh hell is this, aren't we suffering enough? ☹️

....but once he rings old Chanceriri and tells him all about his experience with. Dortmund & European football etc, he'll be the next one in through our revolving door
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 09:39 - Sep 19 with 2406 viewsRobert_Garrett

Thug Alley and not a copper in sight despite the bad reputation of the Wednesday Ultras. Perhaps the club and the police should study the video content supplied to them and the newspaper, as its obviously a known trend at their matches, and issue bans and fines etc.
pleased for the Fortuna Blues being top of the 2nd Bundesliga. Its well deserved and they are playing top notch this season. Perhaps both clubs in their Premiere leagues next season and meet in Europe the next? Sunderland match you say?
BMW Berlin Marathon this weekend, been training for 12 months at 70 years old.
https://www.justgiving.com/page/robert-garrett-1694959107568?utm_term=98qbG5VMQ
Ipswich Town Foundation charity
and link for the Royal Air Forces Association charity
http://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/robert-garrett1285b
COYB

Guten Tag!

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 10:18 - Sep 19 with 2317 viewsitfcsuth

I never have and never will understand any desire to have a scrap because somebody supports a different football team to me.

If your boss supported Norwich you wouldn't go in to work and have a tear up with on Monday morning - why would you on a matchday.

I love speaking to other fans, asking about their opinions, share a nice beer, have some good old fashioned light hearted banter, enjoy the match and all go home safely.

Of the reasons to have scrap, supporting a different football team to someone is not on the list.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 10:20]
Innit on 10:20 - Sep 19 with 2312 viewsDyland

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 10:18 - Sep 19 by itfcsuth

I never have and never will understand any desire to have a scrap because somebody supports a different football team to me.

If your boss supported Norwich you wouldn't go in to work and have a tear up with on Monday morning - why would you on a matchday.

I love speaking to other fans, asking about their opinions, share a nice beer, have some good old fashioned light hearted banter, enjoy the match and all go home safely.

Of the reasons to have scrap, supporting a different football team to someone is not on the list.

I'm more likely to want a scrap with some of my fellow posters on here than some random bod whose opinions I know nowt about.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 11:46 - Sep 19 with 2116 viewsDJR

Perhaps Atticus Finch put it best.

"First of all," he said, "if you can learn a simple trick, Scout, you’ll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view ...... Until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 11:47]
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 12:12 - Sep 19 with 2032 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 11:46 - Sep 19 by DJR

Perhaps Atticus Finch put it best.

"First of all," he said, "if you can learn a simple trick, Scout, you’ll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view ...... Until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 11:47]

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 13:03 - Sep 19 with 1945 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 20:48 - Sep 18 by WednesdayJon

Absolutely! I actually drove two Wednesday fans to the game (a mate and his son) and went in the Wednesday fanzone with them with my sons and chatted with a few of his mates before the game. Just normal football supporters like 99.9% of the rest of us.
Come on then. (n/t) on 13:07 - Sep 19 with 1928 viewsBloots

Innit on 10:20 - Sep 19 by Dyland

I'm more likely to want a scrap with some of my fellow posters on here than some random bod whose opinions I know nowt about.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and tremendously exquisite.

Innit on 13:13 - Sep 19 with 1895 viewsBiGDonnie

Innit on 10:20 - Sep 19 by Dyland

Haha yup!

Now, where's Dimbot...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 14:11 - Sep 19 with 1759 viewsReus30

Spot on. We all just love football at the end of the day, colours don't matter.
Like night buses innit on 14:52 - Sep 19 with 1669 viewsDyland

Come on then. (n/t) on 13:07 - Sep 19 by Bloots

You wait a couple of hours and then Blooters and Skeemers both arrive at once.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 15:58 - Sep 19 with 1583 viewsVegtablue

I think what attracts people to hooliganism is separate from football exuberance. There are indicators our lad, who thankfully seems to be okay after this assault, is interested in the casual culture himself (from the Stone Island gear to a video of verbal jousting between supporters prior to him being targeted and attacked). I hope our rowdier youngsters keep themselves safe on their travels this season; we've definitely returned to a league where there are more dangers outside grounds again.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 16:15 - Sep 19 with 1550 viewsITFCSG

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 15:58 - Sep 19 by Vegtablue

I think what attracts people to hooliganism is separate from football exuberance. There are indicators our lad, who thankfully seems to be okay after this assault, is interested in the casual culture himself (from the Stone Island gear to a video of verbal jousting between supporters prior to him being targeted and attacked). I hope our rowdier youngsters keep themselves safe on their travels this season; we've definitely returned to a league where there are more dangers outside grounds again.

It is usually the younger supporters (in their teens) that cause most of these so-called hooliganism although a far cry from what it was in the 70s and 80s still manages to pose risks to football fans arriving / leaving the ground and in the city. I get it they aren't exactly like the Millwall / Leeds or European hardcore ultras but I don't really understand what drives groups of teens to provoke opposing fans by throwing items or screaming and gesturing at them. A group of Wed teens screamed "Die, Ipswich! Dieeeee" as we walked past followed by some choice vulgarities. Encountered a similar situation at Sunderland. Luckily we don't seem to have the same problem, I would take it upon myself to educate any Ipswich fan if I ever see them behaving in the same manner to visiting supporters.

I hope they do grow out of it - and fast
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:11 - Sep 19 with 1356 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 23:01 - Sep 18 by WednesdayJon

Lambert to us? ..... What fresh hell is this, aren't we suffering enough? ☹️

....but once he rings old Chanceriri and tells him all about his experience with. Dortmund & European football etc, he'll be the next one in through our revolving door

Could yet get a hat trick of Hurst and Cook as well ... before Roy Keane takes it on. You still have some distance to go before you match our suffering!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:20 - Sep 19 with 1340 viewspointofblue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 19:11 - Sep 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Could yet get a hat trick of Hurst and Cook as well ... before Roy Keane takes it on. You still have some distance to go before you match our suffering!

I was going to say you forgot Jewell, then remembered they suffered under him before we did.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024