Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not seen anything like this after a game before 17:25 - Sep 16 with 37611 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

About 100 Sheffield Wednesday youths with smoke bombs and their face covered have just kicked the sh*t out of about 30 of our fans (youths who were being lairy in response to the Wednesday fans waiting near the away end for a fight).

And now it’s happened again about 30 on 5. They’re just picking Ipswich fans out at this point. Some young lads just had his head stamped on in someone’s garden.

Suspect you’ll hear a lot about this on twitter and here tonight but there’s shirters on both sides getting caught up and women with their kids crying in the street. Coppers nowhere to be seen and it’s gone on 15 minutes ffs.

First time I’ve ever been relieved I’m not wearing Ipswich colours at an away game before. F**king animals and an embarrassment to their club.

A dampener on the day to be honest.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:30 - Sep 16 with 20909 viewsgainsboroughblue

The reasons to despise that lot keep coming.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:35 - Sep 16 with 20752 viewsIllinoisblue

Hopefully no major injuries. A good reminder that mouthing off to angry home fans can have consequences.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:36 - Sep 16 with 20715 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:30 - Sep 16 by gainsboroughblue

Never ever seen anything like it. They were quite literally walking down the road as a group by the end of that looking for male Ipswich fans under 30 to attack at random. One lad backed off and off and off until he was in someone’s garden and still took a kicking from at least 15 of them.

Animals. The women at the hot dog stand said to me they go out after every game looking for a fight. There’s one thing fighting a massive group of Ipswich fans as it was at the start but by the end there it was 10+ on 1 about 5 times. If I had my Ipswich coat on as I usually do I’d have been pummelled.

Ruined the day somewhat actually. The poor lad who had his head stamped on must’ve been 20 and didn’t stand a chance against so many of them. All in hoods/face covered etc and Stone island. Grim

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:40 - Sep 16 with 20559 viewsRyorry

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:36 - Sep 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Never ever seen anything like it. They were quite literally walking down the road as a group by the end of that looking for male Ipswich fans under 30 to attack at random. One lad backed off and off and off until he was in someone’s garden and still took a kicking from at least 15 of them.

Animals. The women at the hot dog stand said to me they go out after every game looking for a fight. There’s one thing fighting a massive group of Ipswich fans as it was at the start but by the end there it was 10+ on 1 about 5 times. If I had my Ipswich coat on as I usually do I’d have been pummelled.

Ruined the day somewhat actually. The poor lad who had his head stamped on must’ve been 20 and didn’t stand a chance against so many of them. All in hoods/face covered etc and Stone island. Grim

Please report this to the authorities Rommers. I hope somone/more was/were taking photos/videos as evidence.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:40 - Sep 16 with 20544 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Sounds very nasty. You said they were nowhere to be seen, but did you call the police?!
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:41 - Sep 16 with 20531 viewsbrogansnose

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:36 - Sep 16 by The_Romford_Blue

If it happens after every game, and the hotdog woman knows, how the hell don't plod ?
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:44 - Sep 16 with 20420 viewsgainsboroughblue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:35 - Sep 16 by Illinoisblue

Hopefully no major injuries. A good reminder that mouthing off to angry home fans can have consequences.

Indeed. I remember going to Elland Road back in the 80s and a copper saying something along the lines of 'Watch the game, don't look at the home fans, keep quiet and you might be fine'.

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:50 - Sep 16 with 20170 viewsredrickstuhaart

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:40 - Sep 16 by Ryorry

Please report this to the authorities Rommers. I hope somone/more was/were taking photos/videos as evidence.

This. Youa re witness to a serious crime. Do the right thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:53 - Sep 16 with 20051 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:35 - Sep 16 by Illinoisblue

Whilst I agree completely, by the end there they were just attacking our fans at random. Anyone who was male and under 30 was getting chased down the road and punched/kicked.

I’m one of maybe 500 people who’ve seen that and by the time I ducked out and went a different way, 15-20 mins must’ve passed and I saw one copper in that time try to do anything.

Never seen anything like it. If I had my normal Ipswich coat on I’d have been pummelled. Over a game of football ffs. Pathetic

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:54 - Sep 16 with 19985 viewsITFC_Forever

Saw the beginning of that as I headed to the LL team stop…. Around a dozen youngish Town fans were being a bit lairy and some youngish Weds fans with faces covered swarmed up to them, but none of them actually done anything other than dance around.

There were couple of coppers (literally a couple) keeping them at arm’s length, but I didn’t see any more as I turned up the little road to the tram.

If they know it’s a regular flashpoint, why do they not have more coppers there?

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:56 - Sep 16 with 19885 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Didn't attend matches in the 70s, then? Doesn't make it acceptable, but I saw that sort of thing every week back then.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:59 - Sep 16 with 19763 viewsJ2BLUE

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:56 - Sep 16 by Alberto_the_frog

Didn't attend matches in the 70s, then? Doesn't make it acceptable, but I saw that sort of thing every week back then.

He was probably a little busy not being alive.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:00 - Sep 16 with 19771 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, some of our younger fans will learn that the hard way, maybe today.

There are some that haven’t lived the previous generations and think they can give it the big un coming out of away grounds, the home fans don’t like it and one day they will bite. It’s wrong of course, and I don’t condone it whatsoever…. But sometimes it’s best to keep quiet and move away discreetly, for your own well-being as much as anything else.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 18:53]

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:01 - Sep 16 with 19690 viewsIllinoisblue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:44 - Sep 16 by gainsboroughblue

Indeed. I remember going to Elland Road back in the 80s and a copper saying something along the lines of 'Watch the game, don't look at the home fans, keep quiet and you might be fine'.

Recall once getting off a travel club coach at WBA and the copper reminding us to keep our fking mouths shut.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:03 - Sep 16 with 19579 viewsTheBoyBlue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:30 - Sep 16 by gainsboroughblue

Harsh to judge all their fans on the small number (relatively compares to the 25,000 there this afternoon) who can't take defeat.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:04 - Sep 16 with 19577 viewsgainsboroughblue

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:01 - Sep 16 by Illinoisblue

Recall once getting off a travel club coach at WBA and the copper reminding us to keep our fking mouths shut.

I think that may have been the day I was nervously watching a WBA fan holding a brick and looking at us for 20 minutes in the first half. Can remember thinking why, how and what. He did eventually get dragged out.

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:04 - Sep 16 with 19554 viewsHorsham

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 17:56 - Sep 16 by Alberto_the_frog

The 70’s was half a century ago though.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:04 - Sep 16 with 19554 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If 'it doesn't make it acceptable', what point are you making.
Literally sounds like you're saying, "ah, thats nothing"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:05 - Sep 16 with 19457 viewsJ2BLUE

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:04 - Sep 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

If 'it doesn't make it acceptable', what point are you making.
Literally sounds like you're saying, "ah, thats nothing"

Agreed, some very odd takes in this thread.

This forum has always had an element with a hard on for a bit of aggro though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:06 - Sep 16 with 19418 viewsreusersfreekicks

Pointless comment - things have moved on a long way since then. Makes this report all the more disturbing
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:07 - Sep 16 with 19405 viewsjontysnut

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:00 - Sep 16 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, some of our younger fans will learn that the hard way, maybe today.

There are some that haven’t lived the previous generations and think they can give it the big un coming out of away grounds, the home fans don’t like it and one day they will bite. It’s wrong of course, and I don’t condone it whatsoever…. But sometimes it’s best to keep quiet and move away discreetly, for your own well-being as much as anything else.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 18:53]

There is a ' youth' scene and even if they're kids they can be vicious gits. As someone said keep your head down and get home. I've had non league ' youths' giving it large to me and I'm 63,!
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:07 - Sep 16 with 19378 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not sure that 'it's alright, people got sth sh1t knocked out of them at football 50 years ago as well' is quite the stirring inspirational post you think it is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:08 - Sep 16 with 19376 viewsglasso

I was at Sheffield Uni back at the start of the 2000s and I've never seen anywhere with a hooligan problem like theirs (and that's saying something given I now live between Charlton and Millwall!)

Their fans would turn over their own pubs, which I never really understood. Seen a few major fights kick off and they always had an issue whether they were home or away as Doncaster, Rotherham, Barnsley, United and Wednesday were all close enough that there was always someone up for a fight every weekend.

But the police used to seem pretty on top of it all. I worked in a pub in Broomhill for a bit and the undercover plod came in and told our manager that the OCS (Wednesday's firm) were in, but not to worry as they knew where they were going to be fighting, and it wasn't there...

That was miles away from Hillsborough, sos seems odd that now they're not even on top of fighting outside the ground.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:08 - Sep 16 with 19341 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:03 - Sep 16 by TheBoyBlue

Harsh to judge all their fans on the small number (relatively compares to the 25,000 there this afternoon) who can't take defeat.

They'll have plenty of opportunities to get used to it this season.
Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:10 - Sep 16 with 19250 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Not seen anything like this after a game before on 18:04 - Sep 16 by Horsham

The 70’s was half a century ago though.

Seems like yesterday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024