Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Definitely got away with one yesterday 07:47 - Sep 3 with 5085 viewsBlueStreak

Their disallowed goal wasn’t offside at all. Morsy played him on? Second town goal as well I thought would be stopped prior to it coming in as looked like Ramsey had been blocked to the floor before kick taken.

Oh well, who cares? We’ve had our fair share of rough decisions go against us so love it.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:01 - Sep 3 with 3403 viewsCopfordBlue

We seemed to go years without getting many favourable decisions or slices of luck going our way. That’s changed recently and it’s great. QPR hitting both posts and our winning goal yesterday typify the bits of good fortune we’re getting at the moment. It’s been a long time coming.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:10 - Sep 3 with 3354 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We didn't have any luck with the blatant penalty though, so it's swings and roundabouts. Actually, I thought the ref was lenient with them throughout, but especially first half, in comparison to us.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:16 - Sep 3 with 3318 viewsChurchman

I thought the ref did the classic, weak, be ultra fair by favouring the opposition routine for much of the game. He let them get away with a fair amount of sh£thousing.

The stats say we deserved the win. Watching the game, I thought for 60 minutes Cardiff put in a classic, well disciplined away performance and deserved a point. But there’s many a time it’s gone against us so tough. I’ll take the three points ta!
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:16 - Sep 3 with 3309 viewstextbackup

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:10 - Sep 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

We didn't have any luck with the blatant penalty though, so it's swings and roundabouts. Actually, I thought the ref was lenient with them throughout, but especially first half, in comparison to us.

Penalty?? I don’t remember that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:22 - Sep 3 with 3262 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:16 - Sep 3 by textbackup

Penalty?? I don’t remember that

Had you been on the beers, perchance?

Broadhead bundled over on 64 as the ball came across from our right (not sure who crossed it). He wasn't going to get to the ball, which may be what swayed the ref, but there were big shouts from the players, and everyone around me in Lower North thought it was a blatant push.

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:22 - Sep 3 with 3255 viewswellsy700

Ramsey went down incredibly easily, never a foul

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:29 - Sep 3 with 3207 viewsDubtractor

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:22 - Sep 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Broadhead bundled over on 64 as the ball came across from our right (not sure who crossed it). He wasn't going to get to the ball, which may be what swayed the ref, but there were big shouts from the players, and everyone around me in Lower North thought it was a blatant push.

Yeah, we thought that looked like a blatant push too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:38 - Sep 3 with 3138 viewstextbackup

I was watching on my phone mid 8hr drive home from Newquay!

I did see that, but thought the ball had sailed miles over NB head so foul or not he’d have never reached it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:48 - Sep 3 with 3035 viewsBlueStreak

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:38 - Sep 3 by textbackup

I did see that, but thought the ball had sailed miles over NB head so foul or not he’d have never reached it

Correct was never a foul. I was in line the other side he wouldn’t have got it and wasn’t enough contact for a pen imo
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:50 - Sep 3 with 3012 viewsBlueStreak

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:16 - Sep 3 by Churchman

I thought the ref did the classic, weak, be ultra fair by favouring the opposition routine for much of the game. He let them get away with a fair amount of sh£thousing.

The stats say we deserved the win. Watching the game, I thought for 60 minutes Cardiff put in a classic, well disciplined away performance and deserved a point. But there’s many a time it’s gone against us so tough. I’ll take the three points ta!

Exactly this. Cardiff sorted us out for an hour then we took over. The championship low block is the L1 equivalent on steroids.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:52 - Sep 3 with 2990 viewsSwansea_Blue

It was a push. Clear pen for me. And yes, their disallowed goal could have been onside. It was hard to tell from the camera angle, but I suspect a view along the line would show that it should have stood.

I listened to the BBC Radio Wales phone in show last night and was surprised at how negative the Cardiff fans were. Some who’d been at the match reckoned they were rubbish. A bit harsh I thought. They looked good in spells; much better and more of a threat than they were last season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:55 - Sep 3 with 2971 viewsBlueStreak

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:52 - Sep 3 by Swansea_Blue

It was a push. Clear pen for me. And yes, their disallowed goal could have been onside. It was hard to tell from the camera angle, but I suspect a view along the line would show that it should have stood.

I listened to the BBC Radio Wales phone in show last night and was surprised at how negative the Cardiff fans were. Some who’d been at the match reckoned they were rubbish. A bit harsh I thought. They looked good in spells; much better and more of a threat than they were last season.

I was in line with the offside one and never thought it was at the time, he looked half a yard on but need to see if properly with the lines etc to be sure as I’d had a couple of lagers by then.

I thought they were good, surprised the winger was hooked at half time as thought he was causing us all sorts of trouble and he put a quality ball in that should have been finished just before half time, Meite I think it was.

Just goes to show that there are no mugs in this league, look at the results yesterday. It’s tough but also a lot of fun.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:57 - Sep 3 with 2961 viewsBlueStreak

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:22 - Sep 3 by wellsy700

Ramsey went down incredibly easily, never a foul

The ref in that situation though would normally have stopped the game had a word with about ten people waved his arms a little and then make the corner be retaken.

Who cares anyway
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:58 - Sep 3 with 2958 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Doesn't matter if the player would've reached it or not, a foul is still a foul!

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:58 - Sep 3 with 2951 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:48 - Sep 3 by BlueStreak

Correct was never a foul. I was in line the other side he wouldn’t have got it and wasn’t enough contact for a pen imo

What difference does it make whether he'd have got it or not?

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:59 - Sep 3 with 2944 viewsandytown

I think Burns thought it was a pen. He ran towards the ref screaming and got a yellow for his trouble.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:00 - Sep 3 with 2927 viewsBlueStreak

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:58 - Sep 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

What difference does it make whether he'd have got it or not?

Well it would likely of weighed on the mind of the match official wouldn’t it, especially if he was 50/50 on whether it was a foul in his mind. Something reachable with that contact may have convinced him.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:02 - Sep 3 with 2918 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:52 - Sep 3 by Swansea_Blue

That might be because we're a newly promoted team and we dominated possession, which would be a bit disconcerting I guess. But I thought it was just a good game plan by them that was working up until Broadhead's individual brilliance.

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:04 - Sep 3 with 2888 viewsGuthrum

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:29 - Sep 3 by Dubtractor

Yeah, we thought that looked like a blatant push too.

I don't think it was a push.

More a judo throw.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:04 - Sep 3 with 2883 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:00 - Sep 3 by BlueStreak

Well it would likely of weighed on the mind of the match official wouldn’t it, especially if he was 50/50 on whether it was a foul in his mind. Something reachable with that contact may have convinced him.

Indeed, as I said above (and said to those with me at the time).
However, that shouldn't be in the discussion here about whether it was a pen or not.

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:06 - Sep 3 with 2842 viewsBlueStreak

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:04 - Sep 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Indeed, as I said above (and said to those with me at the time).
However, that shouldn't be in the discussion here about whether it was a pen or not.

It shouldn’t be obviously is taken into consideration by the ref. Also, the lino had a good view across the pitch and nothing from him either (same angle as me).

Anyway, cracking game and a cracking result.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:07 - Sep 3 with 2843 viewsBloomBlue

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:48 - Sep 3 by BlueStreak

Doesn't make any difference if he is getting the ball or not within the rules, a foul is a foul. The Cardiff player is deliberately holding him preventing him from even attempting to get the ball. That was a penalty, Cardiff got away with one there.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:10 - Sep 3 with 2821 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:04 - Sep 3 by Guthrum

I don't think it was a push.

More a judo throw.

Yeah we thought it was a bit rugby-esq. Whatever sport it was, it wasn't football!

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:10 - Sep 3 with 2807 viewsBlueStreak

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:07 - Sep 3 by BloomBlue

Doesn't make any difference if he is getting the ball or not within the rules, a foul is a foul. The Cardiff player is deliberately holding him preventing him from even attempting to get the ball. That was a penalty, Cardiff got away with one there.

Yes I think we’ve covered that one already. Ok to make it easier for you, in my opinion, it wasn’t a foul. There, nice and easy and happy to change my opinion if I see a replay of it.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:14 - Sep 3 with 2771 viewsSwansea_Blue

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:55 - Sep 3 by BlueStreak

I was in line with the offside one and never thought it was at the time, he looked half a yard on but need to see if properly with the lines etc to be sure as I’d had a couple of lagers by then.

I thought they were good, surprised the winger was hooked at half time as thought he was causing us all sorts of trouble and he put a quality ball in that should have been finished just before half time, Meite I think it was.

Just goes to show that there are no mugs in this league, look at the results yesterday. It’s tough but also a lot of fun.

No mugs at all. They’re averaging less than a point a game so far but could (should?) have scored 4 or 5 against us. If that’s the standard at the bottom you can see why Kieran is trying to keep people grounded.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024