Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A case for the defence? 21:11 - Sep 1 with 721 viewsEssexBloo

There seems to be a lot of negativity about today but on the flip side does this enhance KMcKs confidence in his starting 11? I like the fact we haven’t loaded up on new players just for the sake of it and having won 3 out first 4 games there’s no desperation to improve the starting 11.

Also, we will no longer have people suggest we need Clarke-Harris or Colby Bishop, thank fook.
A case for the defence? on 21:15 - Sep 1 with 664 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Well we clearly tried to sign a defender so not sure about that.

Also Colby Bishop is a very good footballer, and not one we should be turning our noses up at. Would be a good signing for lots of clubs in this division including us.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

A case for the defence? on 21:16 - Sep 1 with 665 viewsJ2BLUE

It's mildly disappointing but at the same time we have added 3 long term targets to what was a very decent base. We haven't lost any of our stars and have a manager who can take us to another level.

I would have liked a CB and another striker but who knows, maybe this sees the rise of Baggott and is meant to be.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 21:16]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A case for the defence? on 22:15 - Sep 1 with 526 viewsLankHenners

There are the usual muppets who love to have a moan but don't think there's loads of negativity really (on here anyway).

Think everyone is pretty much in agreement we needed another senior CB this window and have ended up offering a trial to a free agent with a really bad injury history. Anyone who thinks that was the plan when Ashton came out with all that bravado about attacking the window, ruthlessness, no stone unturned etc. is off their head.

Said many times before but don't know why anyone wanting to see signings come in is labelled as wanting to sign someone for the sake of it. Would've been nice to get a couple more in to give us more of a chance at having a proper tilt at the top 6 (which is what the club would like to happen this season), shame we couldn't quite get it done.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

A case for the defence? on 22:19 - Sep 1 with 509 viewsFrimleyBlue

A case for the defence? on 22:15 - Sep 1 by LankHenners

There are the usual muppets who love to have a moan but don't think there's loads of negativity really (on here anyway).

Think everyone is pretty much in agreement we needed another senior CB this window and have ended up offering a trial to a free agent with a really bad injury history. Anyone who thinks that was the plan when Ashton came out with all that bravado about attacking the window, ruthlessness, no stone unturned etc. is off their head.

Said many times before but don't know why anyone wanting to see signings come in is labelled as wanting to sign someone for the sake of it. Would've been nice to get a couple more in to give us more of a chance at having a proper tilt at the top 6 (which is what the club would like to happen this season), shame we couldn't quite get it done.

Think the other problem is the project which they speak heavily about is no different to possibly 15 other clubs in this league compared to a handful in league 1.

We could offer much higher wages last season. Some even more than champ clubs.

Now we are financially restricted to being one of the small fishes in the league.

That's not a negative just how it is.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

A case for the defence? on 22:21 - Sep 1 with 500 viewsITFCBlues

A case for the defence? on 22:15 - Sep 1 by LankHenners

And this is where I'm at. Dissapointed after all the MA hype with where we've ended up. We're not here to make the numbers up, but this window doesnt push us on and probably means we will be mid table come May.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

A case for the defence? on 22:53 - Sep 1 with 418 viewsblueprint

A case for the defence? on 22:21 - Sep 1 by ITFCBlues

And this is where I'm at. Dissapointed after all the MA hype with where we've ended up. We're not here to make the numbers up, but this window doesnt push us on and probably means we will be mid table come May.

Mid table in May would still be progress. I think some of our fans need to be a touch more realistic with their expectations for the 1st season back in the championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024