Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking advice 09:45 - Aug 25 with 1512 viewsmjw_1983

Need some advice on where to park around London, travelling from Colchester tomorrow for sight seeing/theatre. Train strikes mean we won’t be able to make last train home so need to drive. Similar to Newbury park where there’s good links to underground that doesn’t cost the earth, if it has ev charging that would be a bonus (no need to reply with Heathrow either!)
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 9:58]
Parking advice on 09:46 - Aug 25 with 1507 viewshomer_123

Gat....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Parking advice on 10:07 - Aug 25 with 1430 viewskeighleyblue

Newbury Park?
Parking advice on 10:09 - Aug 25 with 1428 viewsbluefunk

Try Epping, large car park, usually ok on a Saturday 45 mins to central London on the Central line, not sure about EV or last trains times though,

Closer in you can always go to West India Quay (Canary Wharf) then either the DLR or the Jubilee line into London. Parking is not cheap but very easy to get to, A12/M25/A13
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 10:09]
Parking advice on 10:22 - Aug 25 with 1387 viewsSitfcB

I always park at Newbury Park, £3 all day on a Saturday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Parking advice on 10:39 - Aug 25 with 1351 viewsJakeITFC

I always recommend Stratford Westfield - an abundance of parking, plenty of different transport links from central and easy to get to and away from (especially as West Ham aren't at home). They do have EV charging there but I tend to use the rapid charging station on the way in near Redbridge station (its an Esso garage with 4 or 5 MFG rapids) if I need to charge so I can just shoot off home after.
Parking advice on 11:06 - Aug 25 with 1297 viewssoupytwist

Leytonstone is good for a Central line station since it's the last station going east before the line splits in two, so every Central line train stops there whereas you can't say that about the ones a bit further out.

Car park isn't massive but there's always been space when I've tried it.
Parking advice on 15:36 - Aug 25 with 1180 viewsSacrebleu

As per Epping but I normally plump for Loughton underground car park and jump on the central line.

Word of caution, some rail strikes also impact on the underground availability. If rail and underground share facilities there can be reduced services.
Parking advice on 18:29 - Aug 25 with 1099 viewsfactual_blue

I used to use Walthamstow. Not too far off the M11/North Circular and the speedier Victoria Line into central London.

Not sure what the parking availability/costs are these days.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Parking advice on 18:55 - Aug 25 with 1083 viewsjaykay

always use cockfosters 10 min from m25

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Parking advice on 20:38 - Aug 25 with 1040 viewsnorfsufblue

I've just started using Brentwood and jump on the new Elizabeth line.... means I don't have to negotiate that stupid hangman's corner roundabout on the way to Newbury Park
Parking advice on 09:05 - Aug 26 with 918 viewsSitfcB

Parking advice on 20:38 - Aug 25 by norfsufblue

I've just started using Brentwood and jump on the new Elizabeth line.... means I don't have to negotiate that stupid hangman's corner roundabout on the way to Newbury Park

How much is it to park there for the day? With the Liz line do you just tap your bank card like the tube and that’s included in the day cap you usually get?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Parking advice on 12:57 - Aug 26 with 841 viewsTractorWood

I've been using Stratford for years. Park at Westfield.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Parking advice on 09:10 - Aug 27 with 744 viewsnorfsufblue

Parking advice on 09:05 - Aug 26 by SitfcB

How much is it to park there for the day? With the Liz line do you just tap your bank card like the tube and that’s included in the day cap you usually get?

Yep..you can use Shenfield but that part of the line has a special charge as its part of greater anglia network , don't know what that is though
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 9:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024