Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... 08:03 - Aug 11 with 3069 viewswkj

This is a massive transfer for Brighton and another "eggs in one basket" transfer for Liverpool. He is no doubt a fantastic defensive midfielder but no way is that position alone the only area Liverpool needs to strengthen.

I think they've paid over the odds by a considerable amount.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:08 - Aug 11 with 3000 viewsnodge_blue

It’s weird that they dropped out of pursuing Bellingham because of the price tag, but then paid exactly that for caicedo.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:14 - Aug 11 with 2940 viewsitfcjoe

I think that is just the going rate for a midfielder at the top clubs who you want to see come in and start

The Saudi market has helped them financially but no doubt messed up their planning for this window - they've lost Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Milner as they expected, but now lost Henderson and Fabinho on top of that

Already signed Mac Allister and Szobo, so it's not eggs in one basket so to speak, sure they have loads more to spend - I imagine they see it like Arsenal and Rice where you are buying a young player who will play for you for 8-10 years and if they do that then it's a success of a deal whether it is £80m or £120m

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:17 - Aug 11 with 2889 viewsitfcjoe

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:08 - Aug 11 by nodge_blue

It’s weird that they dropped out of pursuing Bellingham because of the price tag, but then paid exactly that for caicedo.

I think they dropped out of Bellingham chase because he wanted to go to Real instead

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:20 - Aug 11 with 2862 viewsKeno

Also he and Mcallister played with each at Brighton so it’s a ready made pairing

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:23 - Aug 11 with 2839 viewsLankHenners

I think it's hard to say what the market value is for someone these days, the old maxim about something's worth being whatever someone's willing to pay for it is probably more true than it's ever been.

The numbers are often a bit irrelevant, especially when they're being spent by the big clubs who will always find ways to spend big every season. If Liverpool win the title or the Champions League in the next few years with their mega money signings being important figures in the team then whatever was paid will be worth it. Same goes for Arsenal with Rice etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:27 - Aug 11 with 2792 viewsBlueandTruesince82

111 mil is insane money, Saudis have broken football

104 for Rice,

This makes Morsy worth a good 20 mil by my reckoning

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:35 - Aug 11 with 2721 viewsnodge_blue

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:17 - Aug 11 by itfcjoe

I think they dropped out of Bellingham chase because he wanted to go to Real instead

Weird that he ended up at Sunderland

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:45 - Aug 11 with 2643 viewsBlueySwede

Football has been crazy for a long time, but I am really starting to lose faith now. 111m??
I know its got nothing to do with each other, markets decide and all that, but I can´t help to think about how many hungry children in the world a fraction of that sum could feed.
Login to get fewer ads

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:46 - Aug 11 with 2632 viewsbelgablue

Feel like I have to pretend to have heard of him all of a sudden.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:52 - Aug 11 with 2592 viewsCrawfordsboot

All these comments on price comparisons are off the mark. You all need to factor in transfer fee, agents fee and salaries over the term of the contract. Kane on 400k a week is costing over 20 million a year before amortising the transfer cost over his 4 year contract.

It’s not all about the headline transfer fee.
Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:57 - Aug 11 with 2521 viewsDaninthecampo

Brighton have one hell of a scouting network! How much have they received in the last 2 seasons in fees?
Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 09:14 - Aug 11 with 2407 viewsUSA

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:27 - Aug 11 by BlueandTruesince82

104 for Rice,

It was broken way before the Saudis entered the market this year but they’ve certainly exacerbated the problem.
Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 11:27 - Aug 11 with 2031 viewsroysboys

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:20 - Aug 11 by Keno

Also he and Mcallister played with each at Brighton so it’s a ready made pairing

Caicedo111m. MacAllister 35m. One of those is a bargain
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 11:29]

Blog: Pig Tales - An Old Story Brought Bang Up to Date

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 11:29 - Aug 11 with 2011 viewsipswichtillidie

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:08 - Aug 11 by nodge_blue

Bellingham wanted Madrid so wasn’t happening anyway. Plus I suspect the never imagined they would have to pay that fee but have left things quite late and suspect it’s more of a needs must having got rid of 5 midfielders as it stands. More importantly the transfer window is exploding into life so suspect the knock down effect will filter down to us soon enough.

Gav

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 11:48 - Aug 11 with 1926 viewsSwansea_Blue

£11 million isn’t much at all. Bargain I’d say.

Oops, ignore. I missed the extra 1. That’s a silly amount.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 20:17]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 12:14 - Aug 11 with 1845 viewsKeno

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 11:27 - Aug 11 by roysboys

Caicedo111m. MacAllister 35m. One of those is a bargain
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 11:29]

One of them only had 1 year left on this contract

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 12:19 - Aug 11 with 1810 viewsSitfcB

Maybe not.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 13:57 - Aug 11 with 1619 viewsVaughan8

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:27 - Aug 11 by BlueandTruesince82

104 for Rice,

I find it really odd that these defensive midfielders, who don't really add too many assists/goals, are going for over £100m
Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 14:31 - Aug 11 with 1547 viewsElephantintheRoom

Hé was touted to Manure for £4million before Brighton got him. Manure allegedly pulled out because of all the hangars-on fees. The drawn out nature of this saga kid of indicates that the parasites getting in out the act is making any transfer ‘complex’

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 14:32 - Aug 11 with 1537 viewswkj

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 12:19 - Aug 11 by SitfcB

Maybe not.

Can't blame the lad for only liking Blue

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 19:40 - Aug 11 with 1388 viewsyorkshireblue

And now Chelsea potentially beating Liverpool for Lavia.

Sunday’s game between Liverpool & Chelsea could be interesting.

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 21:19 - Aug 11 with 1315 viewsElderGrizzly

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:57 - Aug 11 by Daninthecampo

Brighton have one hell of a scouting network! How much have they received in the last 2 seasons in fees?

£220m just on Caicedo, Macallister and Cucerella

Caicedo cost them £4m
Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 23:32 - Aug 11 with 1181 viewsacj

Moises Caicedo to Liverpool for 111m... on 08:57 - Aug 11 by Daninthecampo

My Mrs’ uncle used to work for their scouting network, covering a few countries here in Latin America. The level of detail they have on player stats, in leagues you wouldn’t even imagine they are paying attention to, is absolutely crazy.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024