Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre 22:39 - Aug 4 with 3067 viewsunstableblue

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/323234-positive-start/#comments

?!?

“Positive start”

“No complaints from me. Overall it was very good and many positives, especially considering the opposition.“

With loads of replies agreeing.

I thought they were shocking; gave away so much possession. Terrible stats. And for all Saints quality players and intricate play… I think if they’d pressed them properly and show a bit of composure they could have gotten something from the game?!

One voice of reason in the replies:

“ Shocking first half, a few positives in the second. We’re not good enough to sit off teams and soak up pressure. Got to be aggressive and front foot imo. Had we played like we did in the second half in the first it might have been a more even contest but in reality their keeper had very little to do. They look a class above but I think that was more down to us than them.”

But maybe Owls fans are just being a bit realistic and understanding their position.

I really hope Town give a far better account of ourselves on Sunday!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 22:51 - Aug 4 with 2937 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What a strange bunch.....imagine using "gotten!"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 23:18 - Aug 4 with 2808 viewsNeedhamChris

I was hoping the obsession with Owlstalk wasn't going to survive into this season

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 23:26 - Aug 4 with 2784 viewsIllinoisblue

I didn’t think they were shocking; just a below-average Championship team losing to an above-average team. For all their possession and passing, Saints didn’t really create a lot of good chances.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 23:27 - Aug 4 with 2766 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 23:18 - Aug 4 by NeedhamChris

I was hoping the obsession with Owlstalk wasn't going to survive into this season

Only 45 games to go!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 23:41 - Aug 4 with 2711 viewsFrimleyBlue

Depends what they expected going into the game

We go to Sunderland where a large majority are saying they hope for a draw minimum.

If we lose but by only 1 goal then people will be saying it was positive despite the loss.

Wednesday were just Wednesday. Hard to watch as a neutral but they battled 2nd half.

That thread will be repeated on here many times this season I imagine. And that's not a negative. Just a new league. Tougher opponents.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 01:26 - Aug 5 with 2488 viewsChorleyBoy

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 22:51 - Aug 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Every UK forum has a "gotten" user - ours is BlueBadger.
Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 03:02 - Aug 5 with 2414 viewsBuffaloBill

Couldn't agree more, when I saw the headline owlstalk I definitely wouldn't feel the need to open it and then comment on it 🙄

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 05:22 - Aug 5 with 2339 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 22:51 - Aug 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Why do our fans spend half their life on that forum? The amount of owls talk threads is weird. Who cares about SWFC?
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 05:58 - Aug 5 with 2302 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 05:22 - Aug 5 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Why do our fans spend half their life on that forum? The amount of owls talk threads is weird. Who cares about SWFC?

Quite right - I couldn't give two hoots.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 06:30 - Aug 5 with 2233 viewsPioneerBlue

If I reflect back to our relegation season there was always a tendency to be overly positive to begin with (that me), it will change, we will get our game going, we will find goal’s eventually.

Eventually never came, but in many games we looked competitive without laying a glove on the opposition.

We must not fall into that this season. We are here on merit, there are some teams further along in development or those that fell from prem that have a lot of quality. But we are all here fighting the same battle, to get out of the league.

We will very very likely lose many more game this season compared with last season, how we come back in the face of that is most important. We could lose 12-18 games, we must not accept loss but learn from it and come back better.

I don’t know how our start will go. I’m sure KMcK has done everything possible to prepare the team, we could lose a few, win a few or draw them. The season will not be decided in Aug.

Let’s try to retain a balanced opinion of games, rather than the knee jerk. I believe I have blocked most of the jerks anyhow.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 06:58 - Aug 5 with 2143 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 06:30 - Aug 5 by PioneerBlue

If I reflect back to our relegation season there was always a tendency to be overly positive to begin with (that me), it will change, we will get our game going, we will find goal’s eventually.

Eventually never came, but in many games we looked competitive without laying a glove on the opposition.

We must not fall into that this season. We are here on merit, there are some teams further along in development or those that fell from prem that have a lot of quality. But we are all here fighting the same battle, to get out of the league.

We will very very likely lose many more game this season compared with last season, how we come back in the face of that is most important. We could lose 12-18 games, we must not accept loss but learn from it and come back better.

I don’t know how our start will go. I’m sure KMcK has done everything possible to prepare the team, we could lose a few, win a few or draw them. The season will not be decided in Aug.

Let’s try to retain a balanced opinion of games, rather than the knee jerk. I believe I have blocked most of the jerks anyhow.

And we had the opposite of what we seem to have now in the relegation season, ie terrible managers, completely new side, feeling of decline, very little traction with the community etc.

Everything that happens this season will be lesson for KM, his staff and the team. Objectively it seems unlikely we’ll be competing at the very top end (who knows) but if it’s not this year I’m sure it won’t be long and some of these players will be another big step on the journey with us.
Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 07:55 - Aug 5 with 1952 viewsOwainG1992

Leave them be.
No relevance to us.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 08:44 - Aug 5 with 1764 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 01:26 - Aug 5 by ChorleyBoy

Every UK forum has a "gotten" user - ours is BlueBadger.

If you want a snog mate, you can just buy me a drink.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 08:44 - Aug 5 with 1764 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

And yet here you are replying on a thread clearly labelled about it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 08:54 - Aug 5 with 1723 viewsWarkystache

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 08:44 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

A Malibu and Coke?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 09:00 - Aug 5 with 1698 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 08:54 - Aug 5 by Warkystache

A Malibu and Coke?

Hey, Campari and soda or nothing. I'm classy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 09:30 - Aug 5 with 1599 viewsGuthrum

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 07:55 - Aug 5 by OwainG1992

Leave them be.
No relevance to us.

Strictly speaking, they are, being rivals in the same division.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 09:38 - Aug 5 with 1569 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What do I get for a McDonalds?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 09:49 - Aug 5 with 1517 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 09:00 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

Hey, Campari and soda or nothing. I'm classy.

Were you truly wafted here from paradise?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 09:59 - Aug 5 with 1483 viewsVic

What I find bizarre is a thread on here about a bizarre thread on there.

But having joined the thread I’ll make just this comment - I’m pretty certain that if we lose tomorrow there will be threads on here looking at the positives - just like they do.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 10:38 - Aug 5 with 1379 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 07:55 - Aug 5 by OwainG1992

Leave them be.
No relevance to us.

They're in the same division as us.
They came up with us.
We pipped them to automatic after they looked set to win it for a long time.
They have a forum full of nutters like we do.

I am mildly interested. If you're not, other threads are available. What's more weird is the people coming into this clearly labelled thread to say that they're not interested in this clearly labelled thread.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 1333 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Wow! You're cheap- you should hold out for a meal deal at least!
Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 13:29 - Aug 5 with 1118 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 09:59 - Aug 5 by Vic

What I find bizarre is a thread on here about a bizarre thread on there.

But having joined the thread I’ll make just this comment - I’m pretty certain that if we lose tomorrow there will be threads on here looking at the positives - just like they do.

If I was a SWFC fan I’d be calling this board obsessed, rent free etc but I doubt they’re over here enough to see it. Literally who cares?
Anyone else find this Owlstalk thread bizarre on 14:00 - Aug 5 with 1038 viewsthatbdude

Can we just move on from now, it was a temporary rivalry and they mean nothing to us.

Plus we are now with the yellow lot up the road so no need for the owls anymore.

Poll: Who going down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024