Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland spare ticket 10:14 - Jul 31 with 4707 viewslmfcblue

I have a spare Adult ticket for sale if anyone is interested
Sunderland spare ticket on 10:18 - Jul 31 with 2964 viewsStevieH

Why don’t you return it?
Sunderland spare ticket on 10:24 - Jul 31 with 2916 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Return it to the club, get a refund ? lose your points ?...................
Sunderland spare ticket on 10:25 - Jul 31 with 2914 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Return it to the club then.
Sunderland spare ticket on 10:25 - Jul 31 with 2912 viewstractorshark

Return it to the club - fairest way
Sunderland spare ticket on 10:45 - Jul 31 with 2840 viewsITFCson

Buy a ticket, sell said ticket, get a loyalty point. A tactic many shrewd town fans are adopting this season I think.
Sunderland spare ticket on 10:57 - Jul 31 with 2792 viewstractorshark

Sunderland spare ticket on 10:45 - Jul 31 by ITFCson

Buy a ticket, sell said ticket, get a loyalty point. A tactic many shrewd town fans are adopting this season I think.

I suspect the club will be looking at that.
People are going to get pretty miffed if they paid £40 for a membership and tickets are effectively being resold as general sale, albeit privately.
I’m pretty sure some of the Prem clubs (eg. Arsenal) have rules in place to stop it.
Sunderland spare ticket on 11:03 - Jul 31 with 2760 viewsITFC_Blood

Sunderland spare ticket on 10:57 - Jul 31 by tractorshark

People are going to get pretty miffed if they paid £40 for a membership and tickets are effectively being resold as general sale, albeit privately.
I’m pretty sure some of the Prem clubs (eg. Arsenal) have rules in place to stop it.

prem are looking at having an online account where you have to scan on your phone.

guess only one device per account to stop ticket passing

very hard for town to stop this tho

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:05 - Jul 31 with 2752 viewsthe_toff

Sunderland spare ticket on 10:57 - Jul 31 by tractorshark

I think the points based system is a load of b0llocks really. I say this as someone with a lot of points, but for me anyone with a season ticket is a Town fan and worthy of equal priority over away games IMO. I think the points thing can encourage behaviours like buying and reselling tickets (not suggesting it's happening here) and also just over complicates matters.

Personally I think the priority card should be about £30 and then the priorities as follows:

ST + Priority Card: Day 1
ST only: Day 2
Priority Card only: Day 3
General Sale: Day 4
Login to get fewer ads

Return it to the club (n/t) on 11:06 - Jul 31 with 2719 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:14 - Jul 31 with 2707 viewsJ4ck22

I was really hoping to get tickets for this game in the general sale. Living in Scotland, this is one of the only games we can reasonably get to.

It's a massive shame to see people exploiting the system for their own personal gain, because no way am I buying a ticket off of them. I hope they all lose their money.
Sunderland spare ticket on 11:14 - Jul 31 with 2703 viewsStewart27

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:03 - Jul 31 by ITFC_Blood

prem are looking at having an online account where you have to scan on your phone.

guess only one device per account to stop ticket passing

very hard for town to stop this tho

The best way to stop it is for nobody to buy privately. Forcing that person to return it to the club and then they won’t do it again as they know it won’t sell.
Sunderland spare ticket on 11:14 - Jul 31 with 2700 viewsVegtablue

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:05 - Jul 31 by the_toff

I think the points based system is a load of b0llocks really. I say this as someone with a lot of points, but for me anyone with a season ticket is a Town fan and worthy of equal priority over away games IMO. I think the points thing can encourage behaviours like buying and reselling tickets (not suggesting it's happening here) and also just over complicates matters.

Personally I think the priority card should be about £30 and then the priorities as follows:

I suggest it is exactly what's happening here 😂

Straightforward to return to club.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 13:22]
Sunderland spare ticket on 11:17 - Jul 31 with 2681 viewsthe_toff

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:14 - Jul 31 by Vegtablue

I suggest it is exactly what's happening here 😂

Straightforward to return to club.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 13:22]

I'm not sure, would rather give people the benefit of the doubt. Countless times last season you see spare tickets coming back up for sale on here, circumstances change.

I had it myself last season, had a couple of spare tickets as mates pulled out of away games etc and sold them on at face value.
Sunderland spare ticket on 11:20 - Jul 31 with 2630 viewsITFC_Blood

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:14 - Jul 31 by J4ck22

I was really hoping to get tickets for this game in the general sale. Living in Scotland, this is one of the only games we can reasonably get to.

It's a massive shame to see people exploiting the system for their own personal gain, because no way am I buying a ticket off of them. I hope they all lose their money.

singles keep popping up

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:27 - Jul 31 with 2591 viewsVegtablue

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:17 - Jul 31 by the_toff

I'm not sure, would rather give people the benefit of the doubt. Countless times last season you see spare tickets coming back up for sale on here, circumstances change.

I had it myself last season, had a couple of spare tickets as mates pulled out of away games etc and sold them on at face value.

Fair play for doing so. I'd be more generous with my thoughts if it weren't for us selling out about 10 minutes before the OP's post.
Sunderland spare ticket on 11:27 - Jul 31 with 2593 viewsSitfcB

Think people who got Sunderland tickets just to get a point are a bit sh!t out with it not selling as well as most will, was always going to be the case with this game, better to do it with games that will definitely sell out as the demand will be there.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sunderland spare ticket on 12:03 - Jul 31 with 2488 viewsSitfcB

It’s always been done in a way, just more visible now, people used to do it to get a ‘letter’ for Norwich games.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sunderland spare ticket on 12:04 - Jul 31 with 2484 viewstractorshark

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:05 - Jul 31 by the_toff

But that was the issue last season. It’s fair enough as long as people don’t pass on their priority/gold card numbers.
That’s what happened last year and it seems to be happening again here. Different system, similar loophole.
There’s nothing wrong with rewarding season ticket holders for their loyalty but if you’re going to have a priority system at least stick to it, so every Town fan has a fair crack of the whip.
Sunderland spare ticket on 12:13 - Jul 31 with 2457 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:14 - Jul 31 by J4ck22

It’s more money obviously but there is a hospitality option with a ticket in the away end on the Sunderland site
Sunderland spare ticket on 12:38 - Jul 31 with 2398 viewsthe_toff

Sunderland spare ticket on 12:04 - Jul 31 by tractorshark

But that was the issue last season. It’s fair enough as long as people don’t pass on their priority/gold card numbers.
That’s what happened last year and it seems to be happening again here. Different system, similar loophole.
There’s nothing wrong with rewarding season ticket holders for their loyalty but if you’re going to have a priority system at least stick to it, so every Town fan has a fair crack of the whip.

The issue last year seemed to be that some Gold Card members thought they were guaranteed tickets to any game they want, not realising we had 3 x as many members as away allocation in some instances.

If people buy them understanding that there's no guarantees, there's no issue. ST holder + priority member as a combo is probably a couple of thousand people, they should get equal priority, and would by and large have a window to get a ticket to any away game they like. There would be no incentive to buy tickets to games you don't want to go to, to sell them on and get your points.
Sunderland spare ticket on 14:06 - Jul 31 with 2237 viewsMullet

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:17 - Jul 31 by the_toff

As someone who had to shift countless tickets over the years for elderly members of the Halesworth branch - the genuine ones usually pulled out on the day, night before knowing they were too ill to travel etc.

This early is clearly going to be more likely an abuse of the system to get points for Norwich away, playoff games etc.

If you pop "Sunderland ticket" into twitter's search bar you get an insight

https://twitter.com/search?q=sunderland%20ticket&src=typed_query&f=top

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sunderland spare ticket on 14:13 - Jul 31 with 2200 viewsLankHenners

Sunderland spare ticket on 14:06 - Jul 31 by Mullet

As someone who had to shift countless tickets over the years for elderly members of the Halesworth branch - the genuine ones usually pulled out on the day, night before knowing they were too ill to travel etc.

This early is clearly going to be more likely an abuse of the system to get points for Norwich away, playoff games etc.

If you pop "Sunderland ticket" into twitter's search bar you get an insight

https://twitter.com/search?q=sunderland%20ticket&src=typed_query&f=top

Yeah pretty obvious what's going on here. The situations you describe plus a genuine (albeit mutually beneficial) offer to use a number for a high interest game someone can't make are fair game but this is a pretty low abuse of the system.

Shall we have a guess at which Twitter user is in several of the retweets encouraging this behaviour?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sunderland spare ticket on 14:15 - Jul 31 with 2178 viewsBiGDonnie

Might we see a number of empty seats at these 'sold out' away games?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

He even calls himself.... on 14:25 - Jul 31 with 2150 viewsBloots

Sunderland spare ticket on 14:13 - Jul 31 by LankHenners

Yeah pretty obvious what's going on here. The situations you describe plus a genuine (albeit mutually beneficial) offer to use a number for a high interest game someone can't make are fair game but this is a pretty low abuse of the system.

Shall we have a guess at which Twitter user is in several of the retweets encouraging this behaviour?

...."Unofficial Ticket Outlet" in his bio.

Ironically I heard that he doesn't even bother getting tickets for himself because he attends as a "carer" for one of his kids, so gets freebies.

The sooner the club call him out for it the better.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Totally delusional doofus with zero self-awareness on 14:31 - Jul 31 with 2093 viewsDyland

He even calls himself.... on 14:25 - Jul 31 by Bloots

...."Unofficial Ticket Outlet" in his bio.

Ironically I heard that he doesn't even bother getting tickets for himself because he attends as a "carer" for one of his kids, so gets freebies.

The sooner the club call him out for it the better.

Innit ffs. He's worse than Malcers, and that's some achievement.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024