Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£260m For Mbappe with 1 year left on his contract?? 12:20 - Jul 24 with 6760 viewsLeoMuff

Surely he will turn it down, but the Saudis are going crazy with the amount of cash behind thrown around.

Maybe we can get £5m for Morsy

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

£260m on 12:23 - Jul 24 with 4563 viewsgiant_stow

It's gonna be interesting watching this pan out. It doesn't seem like a compromise is possible, unless a Saudi club does a one year deal and forgets about the money that would cost. I spose ultimately, he could just sit his contract out, but what would PSG do about that?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

£260m on 12:24 - Jul 24 with 4573 viewsitfcjoe

It’s more than that, it’s that fee - plus £13m a week wage and with an agreement he can leave on a free after a year to sign for Real Madrid

Effectively €1 billion to loan him for a season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

£260m on 12:25 - Jul 24 with 4531 viewsgiant_stow

£260m on 12:24 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

It’s more than that, it’s that fee - plus £13m a week wage and with an agreement he can leave on a free after a year to sign for Real Madrid

Note to self: read news stories before commenting on them here.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

£260m on 12:26 - Jul 24 with 4515 viewstractorboy1978

If that's genuinely on offer, he will snap their hand off!
£260m on 12:54 - Jul 24 with 4330 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

you made that bit up about the £13M a week, didn't you? Haven't seen that reported. But in this crazy world, nothing would shock me any more.

Poll: would you rather

£260m on 12:56 - Jul 24 with 4304 viewstractorboy1978

£260m on 12:54 - Jul 24 by LegendofthePhoenix

you made that bit up about the £13M a week, didn't you? Haven't seen that reported. But in this crazy world, nothing would shock me any more.

That is what is being reported - Google 'Mbappe €700m'.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 12:57]
£260m on 12:59 - Jul 24 with 4269 viewsJammyDodgerrr

£260m on 12:54 - Jul 24 by LegendofthePhoenix

CBS now reporting it. One year deal.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

£260m on 12:59 - Jul 24 with 4258 viewsJ2BLUE

That genuinely makes me feel a bit sick.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

£260m on 13:01 - Jul 24 with 4246 viewsElderGrizzly

I think we're going to see similar moves for a lot of the players who aren't treating Saudi as a retirement home.

Neves will come back to Europe within a season for sure. Probably to Newcastle. Same with Saint-Maximin who will end up in Spain somewhere.

It's a great way for the Saudis to keep fresh new players coming in, they get paid a ridiculous amount of money for a year and then head back to Europe saying something about Champions League football, unfinished business etc.

But with Mbappe, Joe is right. This is a way to get his move to Madrid and saves face for PSG.
£260m on 13:02 - Jul 24 with 4232 viewsElderGrizzly

£260m on 12:59 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

That genuinely makes me feel a bit sick.

Easy when money literally means nothing. Just pump out a 'few' more barrels of oil and you're done.
The realities of Saudi investment it ain’t stopping there on 13:05 - Jul 24 with 4215 viewsunstableblue

The Saudis have immense Sovereign wealth.

Aramco has been consistently one of the highest profit organisations in the world for decades.

They have set up the public wealth fund with circa £550b - Public Investment Fund, PIF

The true wealth of the Saudis is in trillions.

That PIF fund has invested in many global companies even the likes of Uber, Electronic Arts, CitiBank

As well as of course Newcastle. A slightly different investment stream to Mbappe and the goal to get the Saudis league noticed and popular.

The PIF is aligned to the Saudis Vision 2030 Strategy and in part funds.

“ The vision has three main pillars: to make the country the "heart of the Arab and Islamic worlds", to become a global investment powerhouse, and to transform the country's location into a hub connecting Afro-Eurasia.”

The main themes:

A vibrant society – urbanism, culture and entertainment, sports, Umrah, UNESCO heritage sites, life expectancy
A thriving economy – employment, women in the workforce, international competitiveness, Public Investment Fund, foreign direct investment, non-oil exports
An ambitious nation – non-oil revenues, government effectiveness, e-government, household savings and income, non-profits, and volunteering.

Oil is currently 40% of GDP in reality much much higher (with later stages of suppled chain)

Sports and culture being specifically called out. But a hidden agenda is reputation.

The PIF and Saudis are funding a set of 23 mega projects and 5 gigA projects that are mind blowing in scale. The NEOM area and the Line, and the Red Sea project for example. These involve population of the North West (‘cooler areas’) which are about commerce and tourism and ATTRACTING PEOPLE TO SAUDI… this is hard with a tarnished reputation on human rights, torture and a vice like grip on the populous

So in summary this is a tap of money that will keep flowing, will create some questionable behaviours and influences on the likes of the Premier League and should be given laser scrutiny.

With a small chink of light that it may speed the modernisation of Saudi society and its reform, woman are joining the workforce, woman only canteens at workplace are being phased out.

One elephant in the room this rush of revenues to transform away from oil and gas is perversely creating gigantic amounts of CO2 emmisiosn in the about of CAPEX spent and concrete poured.

Absolutely FECKIN MENTAL

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

£260m on 13:09 - Jul 24 with 4174 viewstractorboy1978

£260m on 13:01 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

I think we're going to see similar moves for a lot of the players who aren't treating Saudi as a retirement home.

Neves will come back to Europe within a season for sure. Probably to Newcastle. Same with Saint-Maximin who will end up in Spain somewhere.

It's a great way for the Saudis to keep fresh new players coming in, they get paid a ridiculous amount of money for a year and then head back to Europe saying something about Champions League football, unfinished business etc.

But with Mbappe, Joe is right. This is a way to get his move to Madrid and saves face for PSG.

It's going to get ugly with Newcastle when players inevitably end up there on preferential deals. Who would have foreseen it.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 13:09]
The realities of Saudi investment it ain’t stopping there on 13:11 - Jul 24 with 4145 viewsyorkshireblue

The realities of Saudi investment it ain’t stopping there on 13:05 - Jul 24 by unstableblue

Aramco has been consistently one of the highest profit organisations in the world for decades.

They have set up the public wealth fund with circa £550b - Public Investment Fund, PIF

That PIF fund has invested in many global companies even the likes of Uber, Electronic Arts, CitiBank

As well as of course Newcastle. A slightly different investment stream to Mbappe and the goal to get the Saudis league noticed and popular.

“ The vision has three main pillars: to make the country the "heart of the Arab and Islamic worlds", to become a global investment powerhouse, and to transform the country's location into a hub connecting Afro-Eurasia.”

The main themes:

A vibrant society – urbanism, culture and entertainment, sports, Umrah, UNESCO heritage sites, life expectancy
A thriving economy – employment, women in the workforce, international competitiveness, Public Investment Fund, foreign direct investment, non-oil exports
An ambitious nation – non-oil revenues, government effectiveness, e-government, household savings and income, non-profits, and volunteering.

Oil is currently 40% of GDP in reality much much higher (with later stages of suppled chain)

Sports and culture being specifically called out. But a hidden agenda is reputation.

The PIF and Saudis are funding a set of 23 mega projects and 5 gigA projects that are mind blowing in scale. The NEOM area and the Line, and the Red Sea project for example. These involve population of the North West (‘cooler areas’) which are about commerce and tourism and ATTRACTING PEOPLE TO SAUDI… this is hard with a tarnished reputation on human rights, torture and a vice like grip on the populous

So in summary this is a tap of money that will keep flowing, will create some questionable behaviours and influences on the likes of the Premier League and should be given laser scrutiny.

With a small chink of light that it may speed the modernisation of Saudi society and its reform, woman are joining the workforce, woman only canteens at workplace are being phased out.

One elephant in the room this rush of revenues to transform away from oil and gas is perversely creating gigantic amounts of CO2 emmisiosn in the about of CAPEX spent and concrete poured.

Absolutely FECKIN MENTAL

Not football related, but would highly recommend the SA chapter in Tim Marshall's excellent "The Power of Geography" to anyone interested in thier wealth (and in general, that - and his first "Prisoners of Geography" are both excellent reads).
£260m on 13:15 - Jul 24 with 4093 viewsHighgateBlue

£260m on 13:02 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

Easy when money literally means nothing. Just pump out a 'few' more barrels of oil and you're done.

I don't understand why this has only just started happening. Have the Saudi movers and shakers suddenly become football fans? Why weren't they trying this a decade ago? It's not as if oil money is new, and a decade sooner is a decade cheaper. Oh well, I guess if it makes Man City and Chelsea grumble about unfair financing it can give the rest of us a chuckle...
£260m on 13:19 - Jul 24 with 4040 viewsblueasfook

£13Million a week? That's just crazy money! I would snap their hands off if I was Mbappe. A year out to earn £675 million quid would just be too good to turn down.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

£260m on 13:19 - Jul 24 with 4028 viewsElderGrizzly

£260m on 13:15 - Jul 24 by HighgateBlue

I don't understand why this has only just started happening. Have the Saudi movers and shakers suddenly become football fans? Why weren't they trying this a decade ago? It's not as if oil money is new, and a decade sooner is a decade cheaper. Oh well, I guess if it makes Man City and Chelsea grumble about unfair financing it can give the rest of us a chuckle...

They want the world cup in 2030. This is all part of that campaign.
£260m on 13:20 - Jul 24 with 4025 viewsMullet

£260m on 13:15 - Jul 24 by HighgateBlue

https://www.politico.eu/article/qatar-fifa-world-cup-the-secret-saudi-plan-to-bu

Supposedly KSA have pulled out now, but a lot of it is sportswashing and trying to polish the public image of the country for generations to come.

Rivalries across the gulf will play a part too no doubt.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The realities of Saudi investment it ain’t stopping there on 13:21 - Jul 24 with 4006 viewsunstableblue

The realities of Saudi investment it ain’t stopping there on 13:11 - Jul 24 by yorkshireblue

Not football related, but would highly recommend the SA chapter in Tim Marshall's excellent "The Power of Geography" to anyone interested in thier wealth (and in general, that - and his first "Prisoners of Geography" are both excellent reads).

Thanks - will take a look

There's an excellent podcast on the history of the Saud's and their rise to power.

Of interest the two key people who helped the original King (Abdulaziz Al-Saud) build modern Saudi Arabia - were Osama Bin Laden's father and Kim Philby (British Soviet double agent) - you couldn't make this stuff up

£260m on 13:22 - Jul 24 with 3993 viewsElderGrizzly

£260m on 13:20 - Jul 24 by Mullet

https://www.politico.eu/article/qatar-fifa-world-cup-the-secret-saudi-plan-to-bu

Supposedly KSA have pulled out now, but a lot of it is sportswashing and trying to polish the public image of the country for generations to come.

Rivalries across the gulf will play a part too no doubt.

The plan to host the World Cup is still very much alive, just not in the original joint-format.

It was being discussed last month when I was out there quite openly by Government officials.
£260m on 13:26 - Jul 24 with 3938 viewsunstableblue

See my post above Joe.

The 1 billion you quote isn;t to meet a typically 'objective' of a football club.. which is to 'win the league', 'win the champions league', 'increased matchday revenues by 20%'

Its to 'normalise the reputation of the saudi nation', 'increase public happiness index with a world renowned and high quality football league', and 'make Saudi Arabia the leading football nation in Arabia'

To say the Qatar World Cup was a bit of annoyance to the Saudi rulers would be an understatement - and how did Qatat get the world cup!

The realities of Saudi investment it ain’t stopping there on 13:27 - Jul 24 with 3933 viewsJ2BLUE

The realities of Saudi investment it ain’t stopping there on 13:05 - Jul 24 by unstableblue

The main themes:

Absolutely FECKIN MENTAL

Have you seen the idea for the Makaab?

Sounds incredible

https://www.newmurabba.com/

Truly impaired.

£260m on 13:29 - Jul 24 with 3897 viewsHighgateBlue

£260m on 13:19 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

They want the world cup in 2030. This is all part of that campaign.

I think they will struggle to host the World Cup in 2030. I had understood that no Asian Football Confederation member was allowed to host in that year because Qatar hosted in 2022. One would think it would be a shoot out between the European bid and the South American bid - given that those are the only two bids still on the table it's hard to see how other bids could catch up with the necessary politicking. But then, I guess money talks...
£260m on 13:31 - Jul 24 with 3859 viewsJ2BLUE

£260m on 13:26 - Jul 24 by unstableblue

See my post above Joe.

The 1 billion you quote isn;t to meet a typically 'objective' of a football club.. which is to 'win the league', 'win the champions league', 'increased matchday revenues by 20%'

Its to 'normalise the reputation of the saudi nation', 'increase public happiness index with a world renowned and high quality football league', and 'make Saudi Arabia the leading football nation in Arabia'

To say the Qatar World Cup was a bit of annoyance to the Saudi rulers would be an understatement - and how did Qatat get the world cup!

I think everyone knows it's image washing.

Truly impaired.

The realities of Saudi investment it ain’t stopping there on 13:39 - Jul 24 with 3758 viewsSamuelowen88

The realities of Saudi investment it ain’t stopping there on 13:27 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

Have you seen the idea for the Makaab?

Sounds incredible

https://www.newmurabba.com/

Looks insane!

Really interested to see how they train that dragon though. That would be a lot worse than a pigeon doing it's business on you.

Poll: England v Wales Score

The realities of Saudi investment it ain’t stopping there on 13:40 - Jul 24 with 3749 viewsStu_Magoo

The realities of Saudi investment it ain’t stopping there on 13:11 - Jul 24 by yorkshireblue

Another vote here for "Prisoners of Geography" !

Great book that makes you think much of what has happened in the world is really pre-ordained by the size/shape/layout of our land masses.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024