Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? 18:57 - Jul 17 with 15337 viewsSheffordBlue

This Chelsea account seems to have a decent amount of followers and isn't one of those EFL Transfer crap accounts!

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:27 - Jul 17 with 3430 viewsStewart27

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 20:47 - Jul 17 by HighgateBlue

This is partly because he had a barnstorming season and hasn't been able to keep that form up, but it's also a measure of how far we've come as a team that he is now even being considered for the mantle of weakest link.

Out of interest, when you say "starting 11", are you assuming that that 11 is as per the end of last year, but with Luongo replaced by Taylor?

He was directly involved in over 20 goals last season.

What were you expecting in order to keep that form up?
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:29 - Jul 17 with 3420 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:25 - Jul 17 by xrayspecs

Indeed.

He has 32 minutes senior football experience.

We should not be using a senior space to babysit Prem team children.

We should be if we want to be competitive.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:32 - Jul 17 with 3384 viewsStewart27

Any relation to Don?
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:35 - Jul 17 with 3362 viewstractorboy1978

Indeed.

I’m guessing you’d have said the same about Rak-Sakyi last season.
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:43 - Jul 17 with 3332 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:35 - Jul 17 by tractorboy1978

And James Mcatee, Tom Cannon, Alvaro Fernandez among others who had very good loan spells in the champ last year tasting their first experience of regular mens football.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:47 - Jul 17 with 3288 viewsxrayspecs

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:35 - Jul 17 by tractorboy1978

Yes, I would. It was a risk, which paid off.

A lot of players struggle to transition between development and first team football.

Rob Street is another local lad, who was in the Palace Academy, a couple of year older than RS. He went to Torquay, Newport and then Shrewsbury on loan. Signed for Cheltenham this summer.

RS joined Charlton in L1, we are now talking about the Champ. Different discussion.
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:54 - Jul 17 with 3249 viewsxrayspecs

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:43 - Jul 17 by TRUE_BLUE123

And James Mcatee, Tom Cannon, Alvaro Fernandez among others who had very good loan spells in the champ last year tasting their first experience of regular mens football.

And for balance what about all those who struggled to contribute to their sides?
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 22:03 - Jul 17 with 3179 viewstractorboy1978

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 21:47 - Jul 17 by xrayspecs

Yes, I would. It was a risk, which paid off.

A lot of players struggle to transition between development and first team football.

Rob Street is another local lad, who was in the Palace Academy, a couple of year older than RS. He went to Torquay, Newport and then Shrewsbury on loan. Signed for Cheltenham this summer.

RS joined Charlton in L1, we are now talking about the Champ. Different discussion.

You take any prospective signing on their individual merits though, and like to think you’ve scouted and researched enough to sign the right player. It’s daft to say you should never take a player on their first loan. If we do sign him, it won’t be a decision that’s been taken lightly and I trust McKenna.
Login to get fewer ads

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 22:11 - Jul 17 with 3128 viewsxrayspecs

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 22:03 - Jul 17 by tractorboy1978

You take any prospective signing on their individual merits though, and like to think you’ve scouted and researched enough to sign the right player. It’s daft to say you should never take a player on their first loan. If we do sign him, it won’t be a decision that’s been taken lightly and I trust McKenna.

I have no issue with that.

I stand by my OP, this would be a very high risk signing for us given OH lack of senior experience and physicality.

Had it been Evan Ferguson at BHA 12 months ago, who is a specimen, then I would be more comfortable with him signing. That one got away.
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 22:14 - Jul 17 with 3108 viewstractorboy1978

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 22:11 - Jul 17 by xrayspecs

I stand by my OP, this would be a very high risk signing for us given OH lack of senior experience and physicality.

Had it been Evan Ferguson at BHA 12 months ago, who is a specimen, then I would be more comfortable with him signing. That one got away.

Re Ferguson, several on here were saying the exact same thing you are now!
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 22:44 - Jul 17 with 2988 viewsVegtablue

I have never heard of this young man!

Is there room for both?
(should we be so lucky to have such choice)
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 23:04 - Jul 17 with 2910 viewsWicklowBlue

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 22:11 - Jul 17 by xrayspecs

I'm with you on this.

It would be a risk and I haven't seen anything at all of him. But from the sound bites seems super talented but raw. I also agree we don't need to be developing players for Prem Clubs.

However IF Hutchinson is there to press Burns further, I'm not sure what's not to like. We've been linked to Raki, maybe this is to try and close that loan, playing clubs off each other.

Evan Ferguson is a completely different proposition and not surprised that that didn't happen.
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 06:37 - Jul 18 with 2643 viewsPioneerBlue

It’s not an unreasonable position to say a first year loanee will come with a risk premium. ITFC has been burnt before in this regard. In the position we are talking preference would be a player that if successful has a real chance of being signed. In this type of position the risk should be considered alongside any chance of Burns missing a chunk of time through injury, working though how many minutes we realistically want to rely on Jackson or Edwards or potentially Harness as a back up / rotation for Burns.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 09:19 - Jul 18 with 2357 viewstopguy

I get it might not be as far along as made out, but if hes on our list and itfc fans dont know whos on the list we must have made contact or how did chelsea twitter know someone on our list or was it just a lucky guess.
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 09:21 - Jul 18 with 2345 viewsMeltonBlue

Did McKenna work at spurs the same time as Poch? Just wonder if that might go input favour should multiple championship clubs approach Chelsea for a loan deal..
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 09:58 - Jul 18 with 2216 viewsBigCommon

Looks like he can beat his man from a standing position, more easily than , say, Burns or Jackson, who predominantly rely on pace and space to run into.
Probably going to be a bit raw, but KM can knock off some rough edges..
I like the look of him. Looks like a player that would excite on his day.
This might be unpopular, but Im not sold on Rak Saki. Thought he was a bit streaky last season. And virtually invisible against us at PR. Imo, he would be just as much of a gamble at Championship level.
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 10:17 - Jul 18 with 2100 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Not for me. Move on.
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 10:38 - Jul 18 with 2013 viewshoppy

Indeed.

But would he be taking a senior space? I'd understood that he wouldn't take a squad space due to his age, in which case would be a good option?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 10:38 - Jul 18 with 2018 viewsRobTheMonk

In the January windows we brought in Clarke, Broadhead, Luongo and Hirst. All became starters and we went on to get promoted scoring for fun and not conceding goals.

If McKenna wants a player, then I trust he knows what he's doing.
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 10:40 - Jul 18 with 2001 viewsKieran_Knows

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 10:38 - Jul 18 by hoppy

But would he be taking a senior space? I'd understood that he wouldn't take a squad space due to his age, in which case would be a good option?

Unfortunately, he would count towards to the squad limit as he's just on loan.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 10:40 - Jul 18 with 1999 viewsSheffordBlue

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 10:38 - Jul 18 by hoppy

In the Championship all loans count unlike League One where U21s didn't.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 10:41 - Jul 18 with 1991 viewshoppy

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 10:40 - Jul 18 by SheffordBlue

In the Championship all loans count unlike League One where U21s didn't.

Ah, ok. Didn't realise that.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 12:02 - Jul 18 with 1801 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 10:40 - Jul 18 by Kieran_Knows

Unfortunately, he would count towards to the squad limit as he's just on loan.

It's centre half we need to strengthen. We will get found out there if we don't this season.
Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 12:04 - Jul 18 with 1792 viewsKieran_Knows

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 12:02 - Jul 18 by Naylorsrightboot

It's centre half we need to strengthen. We will get found out there if we don't this season.

Clearly an area were targeting if Trusty is 'on the list'. Hopefully we get one in before the season starts.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 12:25 - Jul 18 with 1691 viewsFrimleyBlue

Omari Hutchinson - Loan Deal? on 12:04 - Jul 18 by Kieran_Knows

Clearly an area were targeting if Trusty is 'on the list'. Hopefully we get one in before the season starts.

Just seen some video clips of Leicester in their pre season games and others. as much as I love wolfy and I like Burgess, at the moment I can't see them having the mobility or natural movement ability or knowledge to deal with the level of defence splitting balls that we are going to face in the champ. Absolute different ball game to that faced in league 1.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 13:08]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024