Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league 06:32 - Jul 13 with 6046 viewsElephantintheRoom

https://www.lcp.com/media/1150389/creating-a-sustainable-future-for-football-202

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 06:49 - Jul 13 with 4811 viewsStewart27

Please make it stop.

Marcus Evans jnr your dad was a really bad owner. He pretty much conceded it himself. We’re now able to start getting over it. I hope that you can do the same soon.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 6:52]
Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 06:51 - Jul 13 with 4785 viewsWeWereZombies

Didn't bother to read that pdf. after I saw that it showed Chelsea as the second strongest team in terms of sports and financial performance - really ? Also, this firm's view of sustainability seems to have no concept of environmental impact, very nineteenth century.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 06:53 - Jul 13 with 4751 viewsKeno

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 06:51 - Jul 13 by WeWereZombies

Didn't bother to read that pdf. after I saw that it showed Chelsea as the second strongest team in terms of sports and financial performance - really ? Also, this firm's view of sustainability seems to have no concept of environmental impact, very nineteenth century.

In fairness Ellie probably hasnt read to far into the report cos the pages are stuck together

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 06:55 - Jul 13 with 4723 viewsFunge

Genuinely interesting link, thanks.
Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 07:19 - Jul 13 with 4508 viewsRegencyBlue

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 06:49 - Jul 13 by Stewart27

Please make it stop.

Marcus Evans jnr your dad was a really bad owner. He pretty much conceded it himself. We’re now able to start getting over it. I hope that you can do the same soon.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 6:52]

The Elephant of Doom is either Marcus Evans or Delia!

No other explanation.
Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 07:33 - Jul 13 with 4357 viewsNthQldITFC

That's quite interesting to skim. Be even more interesting to see a more recent dataset. I expect Town would be well up on the sporting index score, and that (your mob?) Norwich would still be bottom, whatever league they were in. Financially I reckon we'd be middle of the road with you.

You're getting more and more desperate now, aren't you. My sympathies.

Edit: Having read a few other posts, I suspect I may have jumped to the wrong conclusion in assuming you to be a Norwich troll. Apologies. Unedited above for context.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 11:15]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 07:47 - Jul 13 with 4212 viewsVic

As teachers said at school, I see your answer - please show your workings out.

I’ve been reading this over breakfast but can’t see where you’ve come to that conclusion. Granted, I haven’t read it in depth, but can’t see where ITFC are specially mentioned.

Most of it features the premier league and championship whereas we were in League 1. It’s also a season or two out of date.

This is an in-depth piece of work, not for the faint hearted. I’m assuming therefore that underneath your negativity you’re an educated person. So I’m genuinely interested in seeing what you’ve read in there to bring you to the conclusion you have.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 07:52 - Jul 13 with 4152 viewsDanTheMan

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 07:47 - Jul 13 by Vic

As teachers said at school, I see your answer - please show your workings out.

I’ve been reading this over breakfast but can’t see where you’ve come to that conclusion. Granted, I haven’t read it in depth, but can’t see where ITFC are specially mentioned.

Most of it features the premier league and championship whereas we were in League 1. It’s also a season or two out of date.

This is an in-depth piece of work, not for the faint hearted. I’m assuming therefore that underneath your negativity you’re an educated person. So I’m genuinely interested in seeing what you’ve read in there to bring you to the conclusion you have.

We are mentioned and have a poor financial score for the 21/22 season. Page 48 has the methodology for how they work out the score although we don't have the raw numbers unfortunately.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 07:53 - Jul 13 with 4139 viewsPhuketPete

For starters this reports data is already a year out of date (season 21/22). But its the underlying “one size fits all” premise that’s wrong. Ipswich isn’t being bailed out of losses, it’s being invested in. All new and most re-invented companies lose money to start with. The Ipswich case is no different. The club has been reinvented with a specific objective of success on the field leading to financial success for the pension fund and other owners. Everything about the way the Ipswich management team have gone about this is the opposite of reckless.

By the authors logic no owner would ever invest in anything new that isn’t instantly profitable. Unless maybe you’re selling instant noodles on a pop-up street stall
Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 07:53 - Jul 13 with 4134 viewsChurchman

Your title is basically your hatred of the club and the owners. Nothing new there. The happy pills clearly aren’t working.

Two snapshots in time based on limited criteria. If you don’t bother to look at it, you won’t have missed out.
Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 08:01 - Jul 13 with 4022 viewsFixed_It

Imagine being an ex-pat so consumed with hatred about a football club that all he can do is look for negativity at a time when that football club gives so many other people joy. Must be a pretty lonely and sad existence...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 08:08 - Jul 13 with 3946 viewsMetal_Hacker

I feel nothing but pity for you to be fair

Keep smiling Happy Chappy

Poll: If it were one or the other

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 08:16 - Jul 13 with 3841 viewsBiGDonnie

About time this messer was banned, no?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 08:18 - Jul 13 with 3795 viewsStewart27

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 08:08 - Jul 13 by Metal_Hacker

I feel nothing but pity for you to be fair

Keep smiling Happy Chappy

He posts about nothing apart from his hatred for the owners.

Even then he just drops a hand grenade and walks off.

It’s really, really weird behaviour.
Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 08:19 - Jul 13 with 3790 viewsWeWereZombies

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 08:16 - Jul 13 by BiGDonnie

About time this messer was banned, no?

No, never ban anyone, just let them haul themselves up the flagpole with their pants around their ankles. I guess we could let them down a bit more gently than we usually do though.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 08:20 - Jul 13 with 3751 viewsFrankMarshall

How is this the post of a Town fan???

Frank Marshall

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 08:26 - Jul 13 with 3654 viewsBlueRaider

Any score that puts Man City at the top is total rubbish, they are basically run and financed by a country !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 08:42 - Jul 13 with 3467 viewsKeno

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 06:55 - Jul 13 by Funge

Genuinely interesting link, thanks.

I agree its interesting but for a number of reasons its also very flawed

Firstly its based on 'the numbers at a point in time' and so the biggest flaw is that point has past. For instance we are not a League one team anymore. The financial model we had was based on us getting promoted and we did so how is that unsustainable.

It also ignores some very key 'soft facts', you can have two clubs of similar size etc but with key differences

Ownership wealth - if you have an owner who is worth say £700m it is unlikely they can fund a team to the same extent as owners worth £7billion

Ownership commitment - if your owner isnt prepared or able to commit to providing long term funds you are ..... in trouble, if you owners are prepared to and can sustain long term funding that your outlook is much healthier

Management team - if you have poor on and off field management you are in one direction. If have good and professional management teams your are heading in a very different direction

Direction of travel - one thing you look at when analysing business is 'which way is it heading'. When a business is on an upwards trajectory its long term sustainability is much better than one going the other way.

I could go on, but hopefully that gives a sense of why I things like somewhat irritating.

Its isnt aimed at you Fungey, and sorry if it comes across like that.

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 09:18 - Jul 13 with 3178 viewsGuthrum

A few of points on their financial methodology with specific reference to ITFC.

Assets: Neither Ipswich Town nor any owner-associated organisation actually own the land under the stadium. This is immediately going to drive down our asset balance score in comparison with clubs which do.

Owner Debt and Shares: Unless they made special allowance, this was massively warped by the takeover, when some £100m of debt to Marcus Evans was wiped out. Likewise with loans from the new owners and sale-related share movements.

Wages and Transfers: Obviously 2021-22 covers the period of Cook's big clear-out, when we signed a lot of new players, but didn't get fees for many of the old ones. Town have been paying high wages by the standards of League One, while our income was not so good in 21-22 as it became the following season (with higher attendances). The wage deficit is heavily weighted in the report, 20% of the final rating.

And a couple of general ones:

The charts are displayed as a spread of results, not as absolute figures. The spread on the financial axis in 20-21 is 73.4, in 21-22 it is 36.1, less than half. Including Hull's figures completely skews the chart. Ipswich's 21-22 financial score (43) was actually better than that in 20-21 (50.9), where low is good.

Their use of 2020-21 figures makes a nonsense of any financial comparison with 2021-22, given the former season was mostly without crowds due to Covid, badly affecting income for clubs in the lower divisions.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 09:20 - Jul 13 with 3131 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Looked at the whole thing. Theres nothing in there to support your conclusion.
I think your bias is getting the better of you.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 09:22 - Jul 13 with 3087 viewsGuthrum

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 07:52 - Jul 13 by DanTheMan

We are mentioned and have a poor financial score for the 21/22 season. Page 48 has the methodology for how they work out the score although we don't have the raw numbers unfortunately.

As mentioned in my post, we don't really. Our absolute 21-22 figure is better than that for 20-21. It's the charts which are gubbins. Mainly the fault of Hull.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 09:25 - Jul 13 with 3057 viewsStokieBlue

Must have made your day to find that article.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 09:29 - Jul 13 with 3026 viewsFunge

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 08:42 - Jul 13 by Keno

I agree its interesting but for a number of reasons its also very flawed

Firstly its based on 'the numbers at a point in time' and so the biggest flaw is that point has past. For instance we are not a League one team anymore. The financial model we had was based on us getting promoted and we did so how is that unsustainable.

It also ignores some very key 'soft facts', you can have two clubs of similar size etc but with key differences

Ownership wealth - if you have an owner who is worth say £700m it is unlikely they can fund a team to the same extent as owners worth £7billion

Ownership commitment - if your owner isnt prepared or able to commit to providing long term funds you are ..... in trouble, if you owners are prepared to and can sustain long term funding that your outlook is much healthier

Management team - if you have poor on and off field management you are in one direction. If have good and professional management teams your are heading in a very different direction

Direction of travel - one thing you look at when analysing business is 'which way is it heading'. When a business is on an upwards trajectory its long term sustainability is much better than one going the other way.

I could go on, but hopefully that gives a sense of why I things like somewhat irritating.

Its isnt aimed at you Fungey, and sorry if it comes across like that.

Absolutely fine pal.

By the report's own admission, Man City are, financially, the most 'secure' club in the world; the report acknowledges, however, that they are under investigation for 115 financial irregularities.

Is their castle built on sand? Quite probably.

Several references to the Champ being the most financially insecure league; makes sense, two-thirds of the teams there gambling on being one of the 3 teams to make it into the Prem. WBA are in all sorts, Birmingham too, Reading have just passed us on the way down after betting the house on black, and it landing on Andy Carroll.

The 20 Prem Clubs control 85% of the wealth; the big 6 48% within that. Absurd statistics.

Man Elephant is fishing for bites; and plenty he has found; as always with his posts, however, there's a few kernels of interest amongst his gloom.

He's not a budgie, I think, rather someone pretty weary of the daft money sloshing around in the game at present.

Anyway, Sunderland in less than a month.
Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 09:46 - Jul 13 with 2871 viewsSteve_M

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 09:29 - Jul 13 by Funge

Absolutely fine pal.

By the report's own admission, Man City are, financially, the most 'secure' club in the world; the report acknowledges, however, that they are under investigation for 115 financial irregularities.

Several references to the Champ being the most financially insecure league; makes sense, two-thirds of the teams there gambling on being one of the 3 teams to make it into the Prem. WBA are in all sorts, Birmingham too, Reading have just passed us on the way down after betting the house on black, and it landing on Andy Carroll.

The 20 Prem Clubs control 85% of the wealth; the big 6 48% within that. Absurd statistics.

Man Elephant is fishing for bites; and plenty he has found; as always with his posts, however, there's a few kernels of interest amongst his gloom.

He's not a budgie, I think, rather someone pretty weary of the daft money sloshing around in the game at present.

"Man Elephant is fishing for bites; and plenty he has found; as always with his posts, however, there's a few kernels of interest amongst his gloom.

He's not a budgie, I think, rather someone pretty weary of the daft money sloshing around in the game at present."

Yeah, both broadly true I think. Although I think he normally takes a valid point, exacerbates to the nth degree and tends to ignore the wider state of the game to highlight apparent problems at ITFC.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 09:49 - Jul 13 with 2839 viewsKeno

Town among the most recklessly run clubs in the league on 09:29 - Jul 13 by Funge

Absolutely fine pal.

The overridingly depressing thought is actually just how f4cked football finances in general are, especially when you get comments from Ashton like 'you are only two windows away from relagation' as shown by Leicester.

I suspect at some stage there will a reckoning, I'm not sure when

But oddly if that comes we may find ourselves in a better position than many

(crosses fingers and hopes!!)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024