Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New membership details here 18:00 - Jul 11 with 14233 viewsSitfcB

Complete overhaul. One membership. £39.99. Points earnt.

Some people are going to be fumin!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2023 18:03]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New membership details here on 13:28 - Jul 12 with 1949 viewsPlums

New membership details here on 06:42 - Jul 12 by yorkshireblue

The scheme is in like with what other clubs do - our old systems was an outlier, not the other way round.

In terms of pricing, looking at clubs near me as a yardstick.
Sheffield Wednesday - £50
Sheffield Wednesday - £45
Leeds - £60 (renewal)/£65 new members
Bradford - £35

Another reason to hate modern football.
I've followed the club for 45+ years but I really won't be paying £40 for the right to join a specific queue. You're quite within your rights to do so but I think fans are being rinsed.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

New membership details here on 13:34 - Jul 12 with 1913 viewsandytown

New membership details here on 13:28 - Jul 12 by Plums

Another reason to hate modern football.
I've followed the club for 45+ years but I really won't be paying £40 for the right to join a specific queue. You're quite within your rights to do so but I think fans are being rinsed.

Slightly off topic but seeing the examples of other teams, does anyone know when match ticket prices will be released?
New membership details here on 13:37 - Jul 12 with 1909 viewsJ2BLUE

New membership details here on 12:16 - Jul 12 by Jon_456

I questioned this with the club this morning and they confirmed this isn’t the case.

Only silver, gold and ultimate members would receive points for away games, in addition to the 5 points for being a member.

It surely needs a review as there’s going to be a large number of regular ST holders who regularly attended away games last season who will start with less points than a silver member that potentially didn’t attend a single game.

My mate had a silver membership and attended 3 home games last season. I’m a ST holder who attended all home and 7 away games and my mate will start on 5 more points than me. To me that doesn’t seem to be a ‘fairer system’ as the club put it.

That is ridiculous. Surely that is someone getting confused?

If not, I would imagine they will soon be issuing an update saying ST holder away games count. Maybe you won't get the 5 though as that would make the gold card meaningless.

I guess there is no perfect way to do it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New membership details here on 13:44 - Jul 12 with 1892 viewsJon_456

New membership details here on 13:37 - Jul 12 by J2BLUE

That is ridiculous. Surely that is someone getting confused?

If not, I would imagine they will soon be issuing an update saying ST holder away games count. Maybe you won't get the 5 though as that would make the gold card meaningless.

I guess there is no perfect way to do it.

Yep they’ve now confirmed it:

“Yes, you are correct in your response, to clarify, you can only attribute points from last season if you were a member. If you weren’t a member last year, you would only gain points from become a member this year, and would begin on 5 points.”

That seems seriously harsh on ST holders.
New membership details here on 13:53 - Jul 12 with 1863 viewsVaughan8

New membership details here on 18:19 - Jul 11 by LankHenners

Makes sense because of the likely demand but 1 ticket per person for home matches is going to cause problems for people wanting to bring family and friends along!

this is my only issue. You're going to need 2 memberships to bring along one of my family who wants to go, as I suspect most home games will require a membership to even get a ticket.

I'm sure this has been asked and I've missed it, but my son is a junior blue member. If he doesn't go, can you get an adult/over65 ticket under his number or will you just be able to get a kids ticket?

Thanks
New membership details here on 13:56 - Jul 12 with 1843 viewsDinDjarin

New membership details here on 13:53 - Jul 12 by Vaughan8

this is my only issue. You're going to need 2 memberships to bring along one of my family who wants to go, as I suspect most home games will require a membership to even get a ticket.

I'm sure this has been asked and I've missed it, but my son is a junior blue member. If he doesn't go, can you get an adult/over65 ticket under his number or will you just be able to get a kids ticket?

Thanks

Its easy to upgrade a ticket to adult, quick phone call to the ticket office.
New membership details here on 14:01 - Jul 12 with 1833 viewsLankHenners

New membership details here on 13:44 - Jul 12 by Jon_456

“Yes, you are correct in your response, to clarify, you can only attribute points from last season if you were a member. If you weren’t a member last year, you would only gain points from become a member this year, and would begin on 5 points.”

Obviously tough/impossible to please everyone but ST holders seem to be getting a pretty bum deal out of this. The two main additional benefits of having an ST (earlier access to away games and being able to buy additional home tickets before they go on general sale) have been almost done away with with the new scheme.

Of course the main benefit of an ST is having the same guaranteed seat at every home game for a cheaper price than buying an individual ticket to every match but as you say the scheme does seem a bit harsh on ST holders.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

New membership details here on 14:09 - Jul 12 with 1774 viewsJ2BLUE

Very surprised by that. Really wouldn't be surprised to see that changed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

New membership details here on 14:12 - Jul 12 with 1761 viewsLankHenners

New membership details here on 13:53 - Jul 12 by Vaughan8

Thanks

Yeah can see that being a growing issue for the club actually - lots of complaints of 'I wanted to take [family members] but couldn't get enough tickets, never been a problem before!'. As I said the likely demand vs relative lack of available seats was always going to mean a reduction in how many people could buy but thought maybe there was a suitable halfway house of 2 additional tickets per priority buyer.

End of the day I guess it's the price of success.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

New membership details here on 14:16 - Jul 12 with 1742 viewstextbackup

New membership details here on 14:12 - Jul 12 by LankHenners

Yeah can see that being a growing issue for the club actually - lots of complaints of 'I wanted to take [family members] but couldn't get enough tickets, never been a problem before!'. As I said the likely demand vs relative lack of available seats was always going to mean a reduction in how many people could buy but thought maybe there was a suitable halfway house of 2 additional tickets per priority buyer.

End of the day I guess it's the price of success.

If we start the season in poor form, this fickle fan base will soon drift back to where we were.

Even a midtable finish and I would be surprised to see a sell out weekly

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

New membership details here on 14:58 - Jul 12 with 1697 viewsskinnybob72

Feels like a retrospective punishment for ST holder for not having gold membership last season, when in reality it was only really needed for 2 or 3 games towards the end of the season. Looks like I’ll be in a few home ends at away games until I can build up some points! Was in the home ends at Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham last season!
New membership details here on 15:16 - Jul 12 with 1655 viewsJakeITFC

New membership details here on 14:58 - Jul 12 by skinnybob72

Feels like a retrospective punishment for ST holder for not having gold membership last season, when in reality it was only really needed for 2 or 3 games towards the end of the season. Looks like I’ll be in a few home ends at away games until I can build up some points! Was in the home ends at Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham last season!

I'm pretty sure having a season ticket last year constitutes being a member.
New membership details here on 15:32 - Jul 12 with 1620 viewsskinnybob72

New membership details here on 15:16 - Jul 12 by JakeITFC

I'm pretty sure having a season ticket last year constitutes being a member.

Not according to previous replies.
New membership details here on 18:06 - Jul 12 with 1520 viewsMullet

New membership details here on 22:50 - Jul 11 by stonojnr

theyre not going to sell out you know

Have a whoosh old fruit x

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

New membership details here on 19:05 - Jul 12 with 1440 viewsDinDjarin

New membership details here on 15:32 - Jul 12 by skinnybob72

Not according to previous replies.

Gold Card is a membership but being a season ticket holder is not it appears.
New membership details here on 22:30 - Jul 12 with 1324 viewsTedbrown

New membership details here on 18:06 - Jul 12 by Mullet

Have a whoosh old fruit x

The gold card was started around 1998, replacing the Portman Card. The reason why the gold card started was similar today's problem, it was a crude way to benefit season holders who go to away games. The main advantage was a higher priority , but it would break even if used ie, £5 added to the team card, free ticket for a preseason home game (£10 normally), ½ price coach ticket plus.

The silver card if I am correct was introduced in 2000-01 season when the capacity was only 22,000, with 18,000 season ticket holders. Silver card holders entering an organized lucky dip for the remaining 2,000 tickets per game.
New membership details here on 13:21 - Jul 13 with 1188 viewsNeedhamChris

New membership details here on 14:09 - Jul 12 by J2BLUE

Very surprised by that. Really wouldn't be surprised to see that changed.

I don't think they can change that now, would cause more problems.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

New membership details here on 16:45 - Jul 13 with 1113 viewsNeedhamChris

I've bought one - but if they U-turn on last year's season ticket holders not being a member then I'll ask for a refund.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024