Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladapo not for sale.... 09:57 - Jul 5 with 7584 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:03 - Jul 5 with 5218 viewsGuthrum

Would be a bit of a kick in the teeth to win promotion out of League 1 and be sold straight back there for a second season running.

Quite apart from the fact he's our only dedicated Centre Forward at the moment.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:04 - Jul 5 with 5198 viewspointofblue

Not at the moment anyway. He leaves and we have no strikers at the club.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:08 - Jul 5 with 5107 viewsBiGDonnie

I'm glad we're keeping Freddie. I think we'll only be looking for one striker to compete with him until Jan when we'll reassess.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:09 - Jul 5 with 5127 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder if that changes if we get some business done - but with us maybe struggling to replace we may keep hold if fees are silly being quoted

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Happy to keep him as…. on 10:15 - Jul 5 with 5005 viewsBloots

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:09 - Jul 5 by itfcjoe

I wonder if that changes if we get some business done - but with us maybe struggling to replace we may keep hold if fees are silly being quoted

….3rd choice, equally happy to flog him if it makes sense.

Unfortunately he’s currently 1st choice and potentially going to be 2nd choice at worst as we head into the season.

Ashton keeps telling us how great he is at “player trading”, he probably needs to start proving it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:16 - Jul 5 with 4972 viewsWacko

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:03 - Jul 5 by Guthrum

Would be a bit of a kick in the teeth to win promotion out of League 1 and be sold straight back there for a second season running.

Quite apart from the fact he's our only dedicated Centre Forward at the moment.

He handed in a transfer request at Rotherham, then got released - he wasn’t sold

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:17 - Jul 5 with 4947 viewsbilllm

I don't think he will be going anywhere even if we sign as I suspect two strikers,
Especially now 9 subs on the bench,
Happy to keep him as…. on 10:19 - Jul 5 with 4933 viewsKieran_Knows

Happy to keep him as…. on 10:15 - Jul 5 by Bloots

Unfortunately he’s currently 1st choice and potentially going to be 2nd choice at worst as we head into the season.

Ashton keeps telling us how great he is at “player trading”, he probably needs to start proving it.

That's half the problem sticking someone on good wages, when their up-sale is rather low, given age, and the fact that most League 1 clubs couldn't get near his wage.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:19 - Jul 5 with 4926 viewsArnieM

What? The same Paul Warne who released/ sold FL in his time at Rotherham!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:20 - Jul 5 with 4916 viewsunstableblue

We'll definitely bring in a Hirst or higher level/quality striker.

It's whether Freddie stays or is replaced with a 2nd new striker.

Or indeed McKenna starts the season with 3 centre forwards.

The addition of a right sided attacking midfielder to push Burns, who can also play centrally may also be a factor.

Just cannot see Town not bringing in 3-4 more signings, and this number has mentiond.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Happy to keep him as…. on 10:27 - Jul 5 with 4786 viewsReusersTown

We've had 1non league pre season game, get a grip!
Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:27 - Jul 5 with 4787 viewsGuthrum

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:16 - Jul 5 by Wacko

He handed in a transfer request at Rotherham, then got released - he wasn’t sold

Ah, my mistake.

Looking back on it, he did endure a relegation season (albeit personally fairly fruitful in terms of goals) the previous time they went up and may not have wanted more of the same - as proved to be the case.

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:30 - Jul 5 with 4742 viewsMuncher

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:20 - Jul 5 by unstableblue

The addition of a right sided attacking midfielder to push Burns, who can also play centrally may also be a factor.

Just cannot see Town not bringing in 3-4 more signings, and this number has mentiond.

For what it's worth I think we could see a higher number than that coming in by the end of the window.
Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:38 - Jul 5 with 4665 viewsGuthrum

I actually think Ladapo could do a decent job in the Championship. He's big and strong enough to deal with defenders, he can hold the ball up and he can score. Not fast or tricky, but certainly good enough to come off the bench and maybe get a goal to nail down a win. More importantly, he likes the ball to feet, so doesn't require a major change in the way the rest of the team plays in order to supply him.

I have a perfect grip thanks pal…. on 10:40 - Jul 5 with 4636 viewsBloots

Happy to keep him as…. on 10:27 - Jul 5 by ReusersTown

We've had 1non league pre season game, get a grip!

…if you don’t think that the management team want players in ASAP then you are living in a dream world.

Tick tock.

Happy to keep him as…. on 10:41 - Jul 5 with 4593 viewsBiGDonnie

Not sure if you're trolling these days but Ashton's showed plenty of top work in the transfer market for us so far.

COYBs

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:44 - Jul 5 with 4542 viewsitfcsuth

Quite happy with that, even though I think we need to make at least one key no.9 signing, I still think Ladapo is an important member of the group.

Having said that, of course every player we have has a price, and if hypothetically if Derby slapped ££2.5M-£3M on the table I am sure we'd sell - so don't believe wouldn't entertain bids.
Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:45 - Jul 5 with 4523 viewstractorboy1978

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:20 - Jul 5 by unstableblue

Striker is the one area I do slightly worry about us being left short. I actually think we got fortunate with Ladapo's durability at times last season. We've obviously lost Hirst but also JJ who was a decent hybrid forward option. And I'll be surprised if Jackson doesn't make way at some point this summer personally, who is another that has played that central role.

I would think we need to bring in a striker + a hybrid forward at a minimum. And two strikers + a hybrid forward if Ladapo goes. I suspect McKenna would really like to have Ladapo around regardless but limited squad spaces may now allow it.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2023 10:46]
Probably more hits than misses…. on 10:50 - Jul 5 with 4438 viewsBloots

Happy to keep him as…. on 10:41 - Jul 5 by BiGDonnie

Not sure if you're trolling these days but Ashton's showed plenty of top work in the transfer market for us so far.

….but it’s not been perfect.

Also it’s a lot easier when you’re a 3rd division club with a few quid and happy to pay decent wages.

We need to improve in 4 key areas, so far we are stronger in one of them and weaker in another.

We aren’t playing FGR, Cheltenham and Exeter next season.

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:51 - Jul 5 with 4398 viewsBigCommon

Hes a much better player than the Ladapo that arrived here. He's worked hard to improve his game. He's an absolute Ox with his back to goal. And his last two, really well taken goals, away at Posh and Fleetwood, showed signs, imo, that he's worked on his finishing and getting his shots off a fraction earlier..
He's a McKenna signing. Scored 21 goals in his debut season here, mostly off the bench second half of the season. And all that, after a slowish start to life here.
On top of that, his partner was heavily pregnant and he became a father for the first time, which can be mentally draining. I dare say he fell under the "illness in the camp" category around Christmas time, too. And put in one or two sluggish performances at that time.
When Hirst arrived, he didn't shrink back, he found another level and welcomed the healthy competition.
He's low maintenance, shown strength of character, a willingness to improve.Knows the way we play and what's expected of a selfless forward.And plays a part in our squad harmony..
It's a no brainer for me, that Freddy stays here. Even if we were to sign a couple more forwards. We really need two at all times with the workrate needed and the way KM likes to freshen up the forward players, in game..With risk of injury or suspension at any point in the season to a front man. I think 3 forwards is ideally needed. With Ladapo, most certainly one of them.
Said it before, but Leif Davis aside, imo, based on cost and contribution to the season. Freddy is up there with our best bit of recruitment last season.
Probably more hits than misses…. on 10:53 - Jul 5 with 4338 viewsFrimleyBlue

Probably more hits than misses…. on 10:50 - Jul 5 by Bloots

Also it’s a lot easier when you’re a 3rd division club with a few quid and happy to pay decent wages.

We need to improve in 4 key areas, so far we are stronger in one of them and weaker in another.

It's a tough one.

Plenty of time left.

But manage to get a few in early.. possibly makes it more attractive to other ambitious targets that we are setting up for a go at promotion. At moment its a league 1 squad with Taylor added.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ladapo not for sale.... on 10:53 - Jul 5 with 4350 viewsHerbivore

I'd be pretty happy with him being second or third choice here next season. Thought he was largely very good for us after taking a few games to get going. His finishing improved and his goals to minutes ratio was excellent. Thought his all round game also got a lot better over the season and he was a real handful when he played.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Probably more hits than misses…. on 10:56 - Jul 5 with 4297 viewsBiGDonnie

Probably more hits than misses…. on 10:50 - Jul 5 by Bloots

Makes sense when you put it like that. I do think we'll come good and by the time we play Sunderland - Hirst banging 2 in a 2-1 win!

Rumours are something happening today - so I'm told.

COYBs

Ladapo not for sale.... on 11:01 - Jul 5 with 4229 viewsjayessess

If we do intend to start next season with 3 players who can play as Number 9 that's a hell of a lot of business to do by the end of the window.

Given that everyone in the division will be casting about for strikers, finding three that are better than Freddie will be murder too.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ladapo not for sale.... on 11:03 - Jul 5 with 4218 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed, would take that with a pinch of salt. If we make a couple of signings that situation would almost certainly change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024