Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes 07:47 - Jul 3 with 12418 viewsClutch

I know he doesn't play for us anymore, but looks like we will be playing against him next year as likely to leave West Ham, and Southampton want him.
Downes on 08:29 - Jul 3 with 5911 viewsitfcjoe

Maybe we want him as well?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Downes on 08:33 - Jul 3 with 5865 viewsle2blue

Downes on 08:29 - Jul 3 by itfcjoe

👀 some signing that would be 😀
Downes on 08:36 - Jul 3 with 5839 viewsHerbivore

With the sell ons we could probably bring him back and break even.

Joking aside, would be a great signing at this level but hard to see his wages being in reach for us. Must be on a good whack at West Ham.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Downes on 08:37 - Jul 3 with 5821 viewschicoazul

🫢

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Downes on 08:45 - Jul 3 with 5753 viewsitfcjoe

Downes on 08:36 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

Joking aside, would be a great signing at this level but hard to see his wages being in reach for us. Must be on a good whack at West Ham.

It would be an incredibly difficult deal to do, especially if Southampton and Martin really go for him - but we'll be trying

Downes on 08:47 - Jul 3 with 5710 viewsElderGrizzly

Downes on 08:45 - Jul 3 by itfcjoe

It would be an incredibly difficult deal to do, especially if Southampton and Martin really go for him - but we'll be trying

Even if we could afford him, would there be an element of pride in it for him to not return to his old club?

Southampton (or a club recently in the PL) would make a lot more sense for him right now.
Downes on 08:50 - Jul 3 with 5641 viewsdirtyboy

We'll be trying?

Really?

He must be on £30/40k a week!

+

Another midfielder!?

I think it's just fanciful thinking...

Although humour ourselves for a moment....Imagine him being back lol!
Downes on 08:50 - Jul 3 with 5641 viewsCityBlue

Downes on 08:36 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

the sell on clause would actually see us take him and be paid for it....

I T I D

Login to get fewer ads

Downes on 08:51 - Jul 3 with 5615 viewsReusersTown

😂 Just what we need, another midfielder!
Downes on 08:56 - Jul 3 with 5553 viewsWeWereZombies

Downes on 08:50 - Jul 3 by dirtyboy

We'll be trying?

Really?

He must be on £30/40k a week!

+

Another midfielder!?

I think it's just fanciful thinking...

Although humour ourselves for a moment....Imagine him being back lol!

He'd be the makeweight in a deal with El Mizouni and Aluko going to West Ham...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Downes on 08:59 - Jul 3 with 5525 viewsitfcjoe

Downes on 08:47 - Jul 3 by ElderGrizzly

Even if we could afford him, would there be an element of pride in it for him to not return to his old club?

Southampton (or a club recently in the PL) would make a lot more sense for him right now.

The Russell Martin link will be key on Southampton - but we do have the added bonus that he wouldn't need to relocate to sign for us.

I think we could get a deal done financially, but may struggle on the personal terms side if lots of competition (and if Southampton/Martin really want him)

Downes on 09:04 - Jul 3 with 5435 viewsArnieM

People seem to be assuming Downes would want to return?
Why are WHU getting rid of him, wasnt he the next DRice?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Downes on 09:08 - Jul 3 with 5371 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Downes on 09:04 - Jul 3 by ArnieM

People seem to be assuming Downes would want to return?
Why are WHU getting rid of him, wasnt he the next DRice?

Judging by their transfer targets, West Ham are going to be fairly ambitious in this window. Obviously they have the Rice money and a place in the Europa league. Thye have been linked with a 40 million pound move for Palhinia at Fulham, think Downes will end up being left behind

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Downes on 09:11 - Jul 3 with 5326 viewsElderGrizzly

Downes on 08:59 - Jul 3 by itfcjoe

The Russell Martin link will be key on Southampton - but we do have the added bonus that he wouldn't need to relocate to sign for us.

I think we could get a deal done financially, but may struggle on the personal terms side if lots of competition (and if Southampton/Martin really want him)

Agree, Martin is key. As will be their parachute and sales money.

I just think depending on the mindset, it could be perceived as a tail between the legs return ,not a triumphant one, and I don't think anyone would want that.
Downes on 09:14 - Jul 3 with 5256 viewsMetal_Hacker

Couldn't see him back here for a multitude of reasons

This window is really dragging on now

Hopefully there's some movement today / tomorrow to settle stuff down a little

Poll: If it were one or the other

Downes on 09:14 - Jul 3 with 5248 viewsKeno

Downes on 09:08 - Jul 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

Judging by their transfer targets, West Ham are going to be fairly ambitious in this window. Obviously they have the Rice money and a place in the Europa league. Thye have been linked with a 40 million pound move for Palhinia at Fulham, think Downes will end up being left behind

arent they heavily linked with Kalvin (?) Phillips as well

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Downes on 09:18 - Jul 3 with 5190 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Downes on 08:59 - Jul 3 by itfcjoe

Apart from anything else, what makes you think we even want him?
I mean, I know he's a great player, but we've just bought a central midfielder. With FFP and squad limits, and the need for 2 strikers, and his wages, and if he even wanted to come back here... you sure you've woken up properly Joe? You realise this isn't a dream, you have actually typed this IRL?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Downes on 09:20 - Jul 3 with 5143 viewstractorboy1978

Downes on 09:18 - Jul 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

I mean, I know he's a great player, but we've just bought a central midfielder. With FFP and squad limits, and the need for 2 strikers, and his wages, and if he even wanted to come back here... you sure you've woken up properly Joe? You realise this isn't a dream, you have actually typed this IRL?!

We do want him. I'd say it's unlikely we get him but we want him.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 9:21]
Downes on 09:21 - Jul 3 with 5140 viewstextbackup

Downes improves any Championship team, so him wanting to leave 4 years ago when we were car crash means Jack sht now.

Shift around in CM would be needed, but if he’s available you don’t turn nose up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Downes on 09:22 - Jul 3 with 5120 viewsitfcjoe

Downes on 09:18 - Jul 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Because I heard about it weeks ago so just putting a bit of flesh on bones - it's not a deal I think we can/will get done, but it's certainly one we've looked (are looking?) at
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 9:22]

Downes on 09:22 - Jul 3 with 5100 viewsle2blue

Downes on 09:14 - Jul 3 by Metal_Hacker

Couldn't see him back here for a multitude of reasons

This window is really dragging on now

Hopefully there's some movement today / tomorrow to settle stuff down a little

I could see him back for one reason, Kieran wants him and he would be an unbelievable signing for us and if Kieran wants him that should be good enough for everyone.

All the noise around how he left is rubbish, he wasn’t treated well at the time and we were a club going no where with a tactically inept manager, I don’t blame him for wanting to better himself. Now we’re the complete opposite.
Downes on 09:23 - Jul 3 with 5074 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Downes on 09:22 - Jul 3 by itfcjoe

Because I heard about it weeks ago so just putting a bit of flesh on bones - it's not a deal I think we can/will get done, but it's certainly one we've looked (are looking?) at
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 9:22]

Blimey.

Downes on 09:24 - Jul 3 with 5069 viewsitfcjoe

Downes on 09:21 - Jul 3 by textbackup

Downes improves any Championship team, so him wanting to leave 4 years ago when we were car crash means Jack sht now.

Shift around in CM would be needed, but if he’s available you don’t turn nose up

Absolutely - we are a different club now and he'd be our best player by some distance - can't be underestimated how much he'll have improved at West Ham in a year playing alongside likes of Rice and in Europe etc

I'd love to see how McKenna would set us up with him in there - but just think it will be too hard to get it done

Downes on 09:25 - Jul 3 with 5022 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Downes on 09:20 - Jul 3 by tractorboy1978

We do want him. I'd say it's unlikely we get him but we want him.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 9:21]

Do you have any evidence for this (other than what Joe's just posted)?
I mean, I'd love it, but I can't remotely see how it works re all the things against it I posted.

Downes on 09:27 - Jul 3 with 5000 viewsGarv

Downes on 09:22 - Jul 3 by le2blue

I could see him back for one reason, Kieran wants him and he would be an unbelievable signing for us and if Kieran wants him that should be good enough for everyone.

All the noise around how he left is rubbish, he wasn’t treated well at the time and we were a club going no where with a tactically inept manager, I don’t blame him for wanting to better himself. Now we’re the complete opposite.

I'd imagine if he drops to the Champ now he goes to a club seriously expecting to finish in the top two, not a newly promoted dark hose looking to gate crash the play offs.

We wouldn't afford him anyway.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024