Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watched Town in 25 again last night. 16:48 - Jun 29 with 3479 viewsIllinoisblue

Still laughing at the booing of the pitch invasion. Deary me.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 14:54 - Jun 30 with 931 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 14:23 - Jun 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Um, it's you who's in the parallel universe. I'm talking about what actually happened, not what might have happened.

You think people jumping around celebrating are bothered by a few numpties booing? They thought, "Oh actually they have a point, aren't we silly, we didn't realise until they started booing, best we leave now."?!

To my mind it was a combination of they'd had their fun, it was fizzling out naturally, and the stewards were moving across asking them to leave. In fact if I didn't know better the whole thing looked orchestrated. The police congregated in the corner rather than spreading across and forming a barrier. And then the fans were allowed back into their seats; I didn't see anyone getting arrested.

This is your parallel universe statement : "It happened though, without you needing to boo and chant off off off." How do you know that?

To be fair, I am assuming that the booing and off, off, off chant helped many decide to get off the pitch. You are assuming it did nothing of the sort

I'll leave it there.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 14:56 - Jun 30 with 927 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:07 - Jun 30 by Funge

More the fact that people felt the need to boo, at all.

Some people ran on the pitch. The negative consequences of this? Absolutely none.

Boo, indeed.

Yes but what about the negative consequences of all the things that could have happened, but didn’t?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 15:32 - Jun 30 with 904 viewsitfcjoe

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:50 - Jun 30 by FrankfurtBlue

Sorry, I don't have access to your parallel universe. What would have happened, if the invaders had stayed on the pitch? The club seemed quite clear on their stance.

Would the invaders have left the pitch without everyone booing and shouting at them? Give us the benefit of your insight....why did they leave the pitch?

Yes, they left the pitch when it naturally (and quickly) died down, they didn't care what a few eejits in the crowd were doing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 15:37 - Jun 30 with 874 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 14:54 - Jun 30 by FrankfurtBlue

This is your parallel universe statement : "It happened though, without you needing to boo and chant off off off." How do you know that?

To be fair, I am assuming that the booing and off, off, off chant helped many decide to get off the pitch. You are assuming it did nothing of the sort

I'll leave it there.

I've explained why I don't think it made a blind bit of difference.
I've explained what I do think made the difference.
I've also shown how the police allowed it.
I was at Leeds when we relegated them and they came on the pitch. Fans in the stands booed their own then and it didn't make a blind bit of difference.

There's no parallel universe in anything I've said there.
You just appear to be bigging up your own importance in the clearing of the pitch with the only evidence being they did eventually leave the pitch.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 15:39 - Jun 30 with 869 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 15:32 - Jun 30 by itfcjoe

Yes, they left the pitch when it naturally (and quickly) died down, they didn't care what a few eejits in the crowd were doing

I believe I'm right in saying you have a bit more evidence than I do

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 15:48 - Jun 30 with 856 viewsDinDjarin

I don't understand the need for grown men to run onto the pitch to celebrate.

Didn't boo but all a bit weird.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 16:12 - Jun 30 with 826 viewsskinnybob72

Daft question - why are some folk so desperate / excited to get on the pitch on such occasions? What's the thrill? I don't get it.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 17:07 - Jun 30 with 800 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 15:32 - Jun 30 by itfcjoe

eejits? A few?

Really?
Login to get fewer ads

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 17:23 - Jun 30 with 786 viewsBlueStreak

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 16:12 - Jun 30 by skinnybob72

Daft question - why are some folk so desperate / excited to get on the pitch on such occasions? What's the thrill? I don't get it.

It was embarrassing. We finished second in a league we never should have been in the first place and then spent far too long in, and the game was such a non event after 25 mins people can’t even say the emotion got the better of them. Think people can’t have gardens if they feel the need to sprint onto a piece of grass so much.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 17:24 - Jun 30 with 785 viewsJ2BLUE

In a season or two when it's a proper promotion you're all going to look back and be happy you didn't waste the moment on finishing second in league one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 18:42 - Jun 30 with 751 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 17:23 - Jun 30 by BlueStreak

It was embarrassing. We finished second in a league we never should have been in the first place and then spent far too long in, and the game was such a non event after 25 mins people can’t even say the emotion got the better of them. Think people can’t have gardens if they feel the need to sprint onto a piece of grass so much.

Cheer up Grumplestiltskin.

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 18:43 - Jun 30 with 750 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 15:48 - Jun 30 by DinDjarin

I don't understand the need for grown men to run onto the pitch to celebrate.

Didn't boo but all a bit weird.

You probably don't understand the need for dancing, singing and many other things that say joy.

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 20:55 - Jun 30 with 716 viewsthebooks

There I was in the North Stand, videoing it on my phone, my son running onto the pitch after 10 years of watching utter dross, only for the main sound to be some happy souls singing “Get off the pitch”. Classic Town.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 23:55 - Jun 30 with 631 viewssotd78

A few bit very bright people ran in the pitch. Many more slightly annoyed people told them to grow up.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024