Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ever Town loan players 14:05 - Jun 19 with 5151 viewsBoxerBlue

My top 6 no real order ( tried to make it 5 but couldn’t choose who to take out! )

Gio dos santos

Sixto Peralta

Matt Elliot

Jimmy Bullard

Jim Magilton

David Unsworth

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

Best ever Town loan players on 15:54 - Jun 19 with 765 viewsBlueschev

Best ever Town loan players on 15:46 - Jun 19 by cookra

Apologies , i just remember the LB having to come off at half time after being torn a new one.

he was miles ahead of Jim, tommy miller and Ambrose at that time.
Him and Holland in CM complimented each other beautifully.

Go back , watch some film, watch the magician at work.

Finidi just looked like he gave up that season, realised that the European team was an oversell

I think you're wrong re Finidi, scored 9 goals despite missing a lot of games. I still believe we'd have survived had he not gone to the cup of nations.
Best ever Town loan players on 15:57 - Jun 19 with 756 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 15:46 - Jun 19 by cookra

Apologies , i just remember the LB having to come off at half time after being torn a new one.

he was miles ahead of Jim, tommy miller and Ambrose at that time.
Him and Holland in CM complimented each other beautifully.

Go back , watch some film, watch the magician at work.

Finidi just looked like he gave up that season, realised that the European team was an oversell

Why do you include Ambrose in it? He was a youngster and had only game for us that season and that was against Arsenal when we already on the brink of relegation.

Peralta and Holland in CM complimented each other beautifully? Oh yeah, that beautifully that we were deservedly relegated.

What on earth are you talking about?
Best ever Town loan players on 15:57 - Jun 19 with 755 viewsPendejo

In terms of impact;-
Reuser Premiership!
Hirst Promotion
Stearman helped avoid relegation, people remember DJ Campbell's goals but don't remember the impact he made on our defence

Magilton & Clapham for what happened once they joined permanently

Bullard and Dos Santos for their brief beautiful loan spells

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Best ever Town loan players on 15:58 - Jun 19 with 752 viewsSE1blue

Best ever Town loan players on 15:25 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

What did you expect from Finidi and Sereni then? They carried that team on their own as the rest of them were very bad. Without both of them we would have had a repeat of 1994/95?

Finidi scored a good number of goals from us. What better did you get from Peralta? He'd stroll in that midfield and was ineffective.

I never felt that Finidi or Sereni were that committed to the cause - a view that talking to staff at the club have also shared.

For me, that reflected in their performances and contributed to the team's decline. Sixto brought a drive and desire that they didn't.

You see that completely differently and that's OK with me.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 16:00]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Best ever Town loan players on 16:02 - Jun 19 with 738 viewsHipsterectomy

Definitely not the best loan player, but one of the most important must be DJ Campbell. 10 goals in 17 and he basically kept us up

Then we flourished and never flirted with the relegation zones again

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Best ever Town loan players on 16:03 - Jun 19 with 730 viewscookra

Best ever Town loan players on 15:57 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Why do you include Ambrose in it? He was a youngster and had only game for us that season and that was against Arsenal when we already on the brink of relegation.

Peralta and Holland in CM complimented each other beautifully? Oh yeah, that beautifully that we were deservedly relegated.

What on earth are you talking about?

It wasn't there fault that the rest of the team couldn't keep up with that combination.

Him and Pablo were very similar , draw players in, skip past them, roll them off their shoulders with ease.

I've found you some highlights.

Beautiful little player
Best ever Town loan players on 16:03 - Jun 19 with 728 viewsSharkey

Best ever Town loan players on 15:58 - Jun 19 by SE1blue

I never felt that Finidi or Sereni were that committed to the cause - a view that talking to staff at the club have also shared.

For me, that reflected in their performances and contributed to the team's decline. Sixto brought a drive and desire that they didn't.

In retrospect Sereni seems an astonishingly bad signing. 4.5 million quid for a Serie B keeper? Whose idea was he? I wonder what other keepers might have been available for that kind of money.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:05 - Jun 19 with 724 viewsFrimleyBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 15:58 - Jun 19 by SE1blue

I've always wondered if we would have been better off finishing midtable or just outside relegation in that season rather than 5th.

We wouldn't have really attracted the likes of Sereni or Finidi and may have kept a better team spirit. Altho losing Wright didn't help.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Best ever Town loan players on 16:07 - Jun 19 with 717 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:03 - Jun 19 by cookra

It wasn't there fault that the rest of the team couldn't keep up with that combination.

Him and Pablo were very similar , draw players in, skip past them, roll them off their shoulders with ease.

I've found you some highlights.

Beautiful little player

I'm not interested in what Peralta did in his entire career. I've been talking about his contribution, or precisely saying lack of contribution for us.

And you claim that Peralta and Holland in CM complimented each other beautifully....Ha ha ha !!!! You are making me laugh. That beautifully that we got relegated as we were very poor and ineffective.....Plus don't forget that playing like we did got us into Europe.....by not making tackles.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:08 - Jun 19 with 715 viewsPendejo

Best ever Town loan players on 16:02 - Jun 19 by Hipsterectomy

Definitely not the best loan player, but one of the most important must be DJ Campbell. 10 goals in 17 and he basically kept us up

Then we flourished and never flirted with the relegation zones again

Disagree overall as he was gone in January. His goals undoubtedly earned us crucial points that helped us on our way.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Best ever Town loan players on 16:13 - Jun 19 with 699 viewscookra

Best ever Town loan players on 16:07 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

I'm not interested in what Peralta did in his entire career. I've been talking about his contribution, or precisely saying lack of contribution for us.

And you claim that Peralta and Holland in CM complimented each other beautifully....Ha ha ha !!!! You are making me laugh. That beautifully that we got relegated as we were very poor and ineffective.....Plus don't forget that playing like we did got us into Europe.....by not making tackles.

Was just a nice little video to remind you of the class you seem to have forgot.

you can disagree with me that is completely fine.

Yes we got relegated that season, we took too much on with Europe and like others say we would of been better to finish outside of that and not attract such big names as Sixto , Sereni and Finidi

the way him and Holland played were excellent, Holland box to box, Sixto calmly skipping pass player, opening up play, creating something different. Was a breath of fresh air
Best ever Town loan players on 16:13 - Jun 19 with 696 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:03 - Jun 19 by Sharkey

In retrospect Sereni seems an astonishingly bad signing. 4.5 million quid for a Serie B keeper? Whose idea was he? I wonder what other keepers might have been available for that kind of money.

Sereni wasn't a Serie B goalkeeper when we were signing him up.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:13 - Jun 19 with 697 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Best ever Town loan players on 16:07 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Peralta was undeniably good in the spell when we won a load of games in the New Year. Derby, Everton away etc.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:14 - Jun 19 with 692 viewsSE1blue

Think we had been too lucky, too long having Wright and felt like we needed to go big to replace him based on the gap he would leave behind. It even felt way too much to pay at the time, even with Premiership price tags.

Best ever Town loan players on 16:14 - Jun 19 with 693 viewsHighgateBlue

Lots of great talent there, and obviously some real creativity and fun (and even more if you add Reuser to the mix). Dos Santos looked like he had some sort of cheat code, or was a grown up in a kids' match. Unbelievable tekkers as they say...

But Matt Elliot is a great shout, who may well get left out of lots of these lists. He just looked so commanding, and seemed win everything in the air. Shame he didn't stay with us longer, and shame his career couldn't last longer.

And from a distance, and with my failing eyesight, he also looked like Eminem, which is always good fun.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:15 - Jun 19 with 692 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:13 - Jun 19 by PrideOfTheEast

Peralta was undeniably good in the spell when we won a load of games in the New Year. Derby, Everton away etc.

Finidi made a much better contribution. Scored loads of goals.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:17 - Jun 19 with 673 viewsHipsterectomy

Best ever Town loan players on 16:08 - Jun 19 by Pendejo

Disagree overall as he was gone in January. His goals undoubtedly earned us crucial points that helped us on our way.

He was here for 3 months and looking at the goals was responsible for 19 points and we only got 60 that season 1/3 of our points being from a loan player who was here for 3 months is pretty good especially as we were mostly pretty dire

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Best ever Town loan players on 16:19 - Jun 19 with 660 viewsWeWereZombies

Whose idea was he ? Sven-Göran Bloody Eriksson's idea, that's who !

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Best ever Town loan players on 16:21 - Jun 19 with 651 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:13 - Jun 19 by cookra

Was just a nice little video to remind you of the class you seem to have forgot.

you can disagree with me that is completely fine.

Yes we got relegated that season, we took too much on with Europe and like others say we would of been better to finish outside of that and not attract such big names as Sixto , Sereni and Finidi

the way him and Holland played were excellent, Holland box to box, Sixto calmly skipping pass player, opening up play, creating something different. Was a breath of fresh air

WTF ???!!!

'the way him and Holland played were excellent, Holland box to box, Sixto calmly skipping pass player, opening up play, creating something different. Was a breath of fresh air'

Excellent, sexy, so nice to watch and .....we got RELEGATED because we were hopeless !
Best ever Town loan players on 16:22 - Jun 19 with 649 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Best ever Town loan players on 16:15 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Finidi made a much better contribution. Scored loads of goals.

What was it - 4 in the Premier League? Derby x2, Sunderland x1 and Spurs x1? I must be forgetting some.

Finidi was good, as was Sereni for the most part.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:23 - Jun 19 with 644 viewsFrimleyBlue

Was that the season we wanted mart poom...but would pay what they wanted for him.

Waka waka eh eh

Best ever Town loan players on 16:24 - Jun 19 with 636 viewsWeWereZombies

Best ever Town loan players on 16:13 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Sereni wasn't a Serie B goalkeeper when we were signing him up.

Correct, when we were signing him he was back up for Andy Marshall. That went well...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Best ever Town loan players on 16:24 - Jun 19 with 637 viewsGavTWTD

I'll add a name into the hat or ring or whatever it is.

Jack Colback. Won poty if I remember correctly

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Best ever Town loan players on 16:26 - Jun 19 with 627 viewsFrimleyBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:24 - Jun 19 by WeWereZombies

Correct, when we were signing him he was back up for Andy Marshall. That went well...

4 5 mill on a backup. Jeez

Waka waka eh eh

Best ever Town loan players on 16:26 - Jun 19 with 628 viewsSE1blue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:22 - Jun 19 by PrideOfTheEast

What was it - 4 in the Premier League? Derby x2, Sunderland x1 and Spurs x1? I must be forgetting some.

Finidi was good, as was Sereni for the most part.

Not bad for a 54 year old.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024