Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ever Town loan players 14:05 - Jun 19 with 5148 viewsBoxerBlue

My top 6 no real order ( tried to make it 5 but couldn’t choose who to take out! )

Gio dos santos

Sixto Peralta

Matt Elliot

Jimmy Bullard

Jim Magilton

David Unsworth

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

Best ever Town loan players on 16:26 - Jun 19 with 912 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:22 - Jun 19 by PrideOfTheEast

What was it - 4 in the Premier League? Derby x2, Sunderland x1 and Spurs x1? I must be forgetting some.

Finidi was good, as was Sereni for the most part.

Again, Finidi's contribution and numbers were better than Peralta. But each to their own.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:28 - Jun 19 with 900 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:24 - Jun 19 by WeWereZombies

Correct, when we were signing him he was back up for Andy Marshall. That went well...

What was going through Burleys brain when we were signing Marshall? That is still utterly stupendous.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 16:28]
Best ever Town loan players on 16:28 - Jun 19 with 897 viewscookra

Best ever Town loan players on 16:21 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

WTF ???!!!

'the way him and Holland played were excellent, Holland box to box, Sixto calmly skipping pass player, opening up play, creating something different. Was a breath of fresh air'

Excellent, sexy, so nice to watch and .....we got RELEGATED because we were hopeless !

Im glad you're realising it was a collective effort the relegation

The main point i have been making is that Sixto was one of our best loan signings.
I agree he didn't make the most impact, he just was a beautiful , natural footballer who played really well with Holland.

to be able to roll players, make an extra yard with movement and create so many opportunities was refreshing to watch. Poor old Jims legs went fast but got him nowhere, Miller was headless but scored the odd stunner, Jermaine wright was too busy getting black eyes and Ambrose was too young to fully compare.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:31 - Jun 19 with 882 viewsWeWereZombies

Best ever Town loan players on 16:28 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

What was going through Burleys brain when we were signing Marshall? That is still utterly stupendous.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 16:28]

Marshall was a decent keeper, with the same goalkeeping coach as Richard Wright, who could have stepped up a grade in the right conditions. Having a hostile home crowd behind his goal and then being undermined by a reckless new signing were not the right conditions. Burley should have known that but we all suspect that Sheepshanks was getting a little above himself in the circles he wanted to mix in and pressurised Burley to stray from a successful formula, don't we ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Best ever Town loan players on 16:31 - Jun 19 with 882 viewsSE1blue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:26 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Again, Finidi's contribution and numbers were better than Peralta. But each to their own.

Finidi 7 in 35 and Sixto 5 in 29.

Finidi scored in 20% of games
Sixto in 17.2% of games

Pretty similar to be fair.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Best ever Town loan players on 16:35 - Jun 19 with 861 viewsSharkey

Best ever Town loan players on 16:13 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Sereni wasn't a Serie B goalkeeper when we were signing him up.

I thought he playing for Sampdoria in 2000-2001, when they finished 6th in Serie B. Is that not right?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 16:35]
Best ever Town loan players on 16:35 - Jun 19 with 858 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:28 - Jun 19 by cookra

Im glad you're realising it was a collective effort the relegation

The main point i have been making is that Sixto was one of our best loan signings.
I agree he didn't make the most impact, he just was a beautiful , natural footballer who played really well with Holland.

to be able to roll players, make an extra yard with movement and create so many opportunities was refreshing to watch. Poor old Jims legs went fast but got him nowhere, Miller was headless but scored the odd stunner, Jermaine wright was too busy getting black eyes and Ambrose was too young to fully compare.

Peralta was slow, hopeless and ineffective.....as was the majority of that lamentable team. The facts and numbers speak for themselves.

And you are talking about Finidi while not even knowing facts about him. Just scapegoating.

Played well with Holland? Again, what are you talking about? We got relegated because they were very poor.....a nice and excellent for you though.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:38 - Jun 19 with 844 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:35 - Jun 19 by Sharkey

I thought he playing for Sampdoria in 2000-2001, when they finished 6th in Serie B. Is that not right?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 16:35]

OK, my mistake as Sampdoria was at Serie B that time.

Still a very good keeper but his request to have a rest for the Dagenham & Redbridge game had a catastrophic impact on us as we played number of games with Marshall in the goal.

Bolton 4-0 down at half time......such a crucial game and Marshall was between the sticks
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 16:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Best ever Town loan players on 16:49 - Jun 19 with 811 viewscookra

Best ever Town loan players on 16:35 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Peralta was slow, hopeless and ineffective.....as was the majority of that lamentable team. The facts and numbers speak for themselves.

And you are talking about Finidi while not even knowing facts about him. Just scapegoating.

Played well with Holland? Again, what are you talking about? We got relegated because they were very poor.....a nice and excellent for you though.

Apologies again for getting the hat trick fact wrong.
he wasn't that much more effective in games, according to the stats.

I just remember the silky smooth little midfielder, he'd work magic in spaces you didn't think was possible, see a pass that no one else did .
I'm still not sure you actually saw him play with you denials and slow, hopeless ineffective comments.

You need to realise it wasn't just the two CMs who were at fault for the relegation.
We took too much on with Europe

Again, go back watch some film, enjoy the magnefito Sixto all over again.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:54 - Jun 19 with 797 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:49 - Jun 19 by cookra

Apologies again for getting the hat trick fact wrong.
he wasn't that much more effective in games, according to the stats.

I just remember the silky smooth little midfielder, he'd work magic in spaces you didn't think was possible, see a pass that no one else did .
I'm still not sure you actually saw him play with you denials and slow, hopeless ineffective comments.

You need to realise it wasn't just the two CMs who were at fault for the relegation.
We took too much on with Europe

Again, go back watch some film, enjoy the magnefito Sixto all over again.

Just please what I post before you answer as you doesn't seem to be doing so. I do have to repeat you what I said. I'm not interested in what he did during his career. I'm talking about his lack of contribution for us.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:56 - Jun 19 with 790 viewscookra

Best ever Town loan players on 16:54 - Jun 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Just please what I post before you answer as you doesn't seem to be doing so. I do have to repeat you what I said. I'm not interested in what he did during his career. I'm talking about his lack of contribution for us.

Watch some of that season then and realise the impact in CM he had

beautiful footballer, just effortless
Best ever Town loan players on 16:56 - Jun 19 with 790 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:31 - Jun 19 by SE1blue

Finidi 7 in 35 and Sixto 5 in 29.

Finidi scored in 20% of games
Sixto in 17.2% of games

Pretty similar to be fair.

Peralta's 2 out 5 was against Dagenham & Redbridge in the FA Cup.
Best ever Town loan players on 16:58 - Jun 19 with 789 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best ever Town loan players on 16:56 - Jun 19 by cookra

Watch some of that season then and realise the impact in CM he had

beautiful footballer, just effortless

Go away, cannot be bothered to repeat same things over and over.
Best ever Town loan players on 18:54 - Jun 19 with 741 viewswaveneyblue

Best ever Town loan players on 14:30 - Jun 19 by BlueBadger

Magilton
Reuser
Do Santos
Fraser
Clapham

Great call on Clapham
Best ever Town loan players on 22:42 - Jun 19 with 690 viewsFifeITFC

Best ever Town loan players on 16:24 - Jun 19 by WeWereZombies

Correct, when we were signing him he was back up for Andy Marshall. That went well...

Not quite, Sereni was a late, panic signing as Marshall picked up an injury just before the start of season. He was never signed as back up.

We were never and never will be a club to spunk £4.5m on a player to be "back up". He was signed with a view to being first choice even when Marshall returned from injury.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Best ever Town loan players on 23:02 - Jun 19 with 654 viewsWeWereZombies

Best ever Town loan players on 22:42 - Jun 19 by FifeITFC

Not quite, Sereni was a late, panic signing as Marshall picked up an injury just before the start of season. He was never signed as back up.

We were never and never will be a club to spunk £4.5m on a player to be "back up". He was signed with a view to being first choice even when Marshall returned from injury.

True, but I never miss a chance to belittle Sereni. If only it was Bluey who had picked up the injury and Sereni was used in the costume instead we would have stayed up...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Best ever Town loan players on 02:40 - Jun 20 with 635 viewsJackNorthStand

Gio has to be the best I’ve ever seen from footballer in an Ipswich shirt over 8 or so games ( off the top of my head). A player good enough to perform on the world stage ( which he went on to do), the season before had made 33 appearances for Barcelona and he was somehow playing at Portman road in an Ipswich shirt. It is often said some players are “ too good” for a certain league but he truly was. I remember the home derby v Norwich they couldn’t get near him, I think he scored and got an assist ?

To put it into context the level he was at as an 18 year old before joining us, I just looked up the Barcelona squad from the season Gio made 33 apps in before signing for Tottenham / joining Ipswich on loan:

Ronaldinho
Deco
Thurman
Eto
Messi
Henry
Yaya Toure
Iniesta
Xavi
Milito
Puyol
Abidal
Zambrotta
Bojan
Sylvinho
Victor Valdes
[Post edited 20 Jun 2023 2:46]
Best ever Town loan players on 06:15 - Jun 20 with 611 viewshunty21

Best ever Town loan players on 15:11 - Jun 19 by cookra

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not

Loved the way he moved on and off the ball, drifted so easily with it, looked effortless.
Sereni was a pre-Madonna, Finidi never lived up to the hype apart from the 1st game hat trick.

Magnefito Sixto will live in memory forever

The biggest problem was burley fell out with alot of the players ruuser wilnis sereni in favour of his fsvourite makin marshall and stewart getting injured didnt help either and the moving of the north stand lost that fortress portman road atmosphere for years to come
Best ever Town loan players on 06:34 - Jun 20 with 610 viewsElephantintheRoom

Least worst is probably what you mean as a club like the one Town used to be should never have been misusing loans, weakening the club and helping their competitors anyway

IF there is any merit at all in any loan to a club like Town then a cowardly and demeaning ‘try before you buy’ might give a partial thumbs up to some. Magilton and Clapham for sure - but I doubt there have been five good ones to balance the duds in the decades of lunacy and decline.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024