Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You got a new job Phil 16:55 - Jun 17 with 13417 viewsgtsb1966

They're still obsessed even writing about us the last couple of weeks.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/213244-the-office-uk-ipswich-town-editio
You got a new job Phil on 17:00 - Jun 17 with 7089 viewsJ2BLUE

How did you end up on there?

It's embarrassing that they keep this up. It's embarrassing for them that they think they are our equal and trying to create some sort of rivalry. They are a nothing club. They shouldn't be on our radar. Ashton jumped at the chance to drop down a division to join us. No wonder they are still upset.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

You got a new job Phil on 17:01 - Jun 17 with 7094 viewsMullet

You'd think they'd show a little gratitude and humility wouldn't you? Given Ashton essentially made them as great as they've ever been and oversaw massive improvements in infrastructure, player recruitment and sales that stopped them being basically Rotherham with cider-breath.

The fact he took them as far as he can and moved on to a bigger club shouldn't generate such bitterness and self-loathing. They can't be that fearful it'll come crashing down and they'll revert to the norm of 15 years ago or so surely?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

You got a new job Phil on 17:06 - Jun 17 with 7009 viewsBlueBadger

You got a new job Phil on 17:01 - Jun 17 by Mullet

You'd think they'd show a little gratitude and humility wouldn't you? Given Ashton essentially made them as great as they've ever been and oversaw massive improvements in infrastructure, player recruitment and sales that stopped them being basically Rotherham with cider-breath.

The fact he took them as far as he can and moved on to a bigger club shouldn't generate such bitterness and self-loathing. They can't be that fearful it'll come crashing down and they'll revert to the norm of 15 years ago or so surely?

Weird bunch really, aren't they? They were basically a lowe league Norwich pre-Ashton.

All that skunk they snoke down there us clearly giving them paranoid delusions.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You got a new job Phil on 17:07 - Jun 17 with 7007 viewsChurchman

You got a new job Phil on 17:00 - Jun 17 by J2BLUE

How did you end up on there?

It's embarrassing that they keep this up. It's embarrassing for them that they think they are our equal and trying to create some sort of rivalry. They are a nothing club. They shouldn't be on our radar. Ashton jumped at the chance to drop down a division to join us. No wonder they are still upset.

My name is in that thread somewhere! A badge of honour!

Not expecting any Christmas cards from them. Oh well.
You got a new job Phil on 17:10 - Jun 17 with 6947 viewsLankHenners

70 pages on another club because you used to have their CEO. Blimey. Of all the things to try and manufacture a rivalry over as well.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 17:10]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

You got a new job Phil on 17:12 - Jun 17 with 6900 viewsWD19

Quite an articulate, balanced and sensible thread really.
You got a new job Phil on 17:13 - Jun 17 with 6868 viewsJ2BLUE

You got a new job Phil on 17:12 - Jun 17 by WD19

Quite an articulate, balanced and sensible thread really.

What, even with Badger posting?

Truly impaired.

You got a new job Phil on 17:13 - Jun 17 with 6856 viewsHerbivore

It's going to be fun when we batter them next season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

You got a new job Phil on 17:25 - Jun 17 with 6793 viewsPhilTWTD

Excellent, I look forward to being paid for my new role.
You got a new job Phil on 17:28 - Jun 17 with 6771 viewsHipsterectomy

Very weird bunch. Sounds like there will be a day of mourning and riots if they lose to us. I guess that's what seasons of Nigel Pearson does to folk.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

You got a new job Phil on 17:34 - Jun 17 with 6737 viewsSkip_Intro

tiresome isn't it...can't wait to play them tbh
You got a new job Phil on 17:34 - Jun 17 with 6723 viewsBlueBadger

You got a new job Phil on 17:13 - Jun 17 by J2BLUE

What, even with Badger posting?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

You got a new job Phil on 17:36 - Jun 17 with 6724 viewsHipsterectomy

You got a new job Phil on 17:34 - Jun 17 by Skip_Intro

tiresome isn't it...can't wait to play them tbh

I couldn't name a single Bristol City player. They seem to know every member of our squad, what type of player they are, how they have performed for us, how they will perform next season

I don't think I've seen obsession like this and they claim it's just 'Mark Ashton'

edit: forgot they seem to be collating all our transfer gossip/transfer targets as well - wtf
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 17:37]

You got a new job Phil on 17:43 - Jun 17 with 6673 viewspointofblue

You got a new job Phil on 17:36 - Jun 17 by Hipsterectomy

I couldn't name a single Bristol City player. They seem to know every member of our squad, what type of player they are, how they have performed for us, how they will perform next season

I don't think I've seen obsession like this and they claim it's just 'Mark Ashton'

edit: forgot they seem to be collating all our transfer gossip/transfer targets as well - wtf

Maybe it's more interesting for them to follow us?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

You got a new job Phil on 17:43 - Jun 17 with 6666 viewsBlueBadger

You got a new job Phil on 17:07 - Jun 17 by Churchman

My name is in that thread somewhere! A badge of honour!

Not expecting any Christmas cards from them. Oh well.

Oooooohhhhhhhhh! One of them's here!

You got a new job Phil on 17:47 - Jun 17 with 6655 viewsburnbudgiesburn

The weirdest rant on Ashton on there is telling us to beware he'll sell our players at the drop of a hat if we are offered big money.

As if that isn't the blueprint for 95% of clubs in the champ.
You got a new job Phil on 17:49 - Jun 17 with 6615 viewsChurchman

Geoff Merrick. I was there in I think 1980 when he dislocated his shoulder in a cup game at Ashton Gate and bravely carried on strapped up. It didn’t end well after Butcher and Osman put him in a meat sandwich.

If there was an Olympic event for how high you can leap up and down on a stretcher, the Merrickman was guaranteed gold. Butcher and Osman gave correctly concerned looks ….and smiles as the wreckage was removed.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 17:52]
You got a new job Phil on 17:54 - Jun 17 with 6582 viewsFevsBCFC

It’s because some of us on OTIB take a great interest across the whole EFL.

The fact that you can’t name a single Bristol City player says more about you than it does about someone who has a knowledge about more than just their own team. 🤷🏻‍♂️

FWIW re transfer gossip, it’s pretty common to see the likes of Pete O’Rourke listing both Bristol City and Ipswich Town in many tweets, especially ones that are primarily agent talk only.

Players like Morsy, Luongo, Chaplin, Burns, Broadhead, Ladapo, Woolfenden, Burgess, Walton, etc, etc, game styles are well known to many of us, because at previous times they’ve been opponents in Lg1 or Champ, in Burns case our own player, or have been targets, Walton 3/4 years back, or scouted by some of our forum members who worked for City in the past.

Maybe it’s time to expand your football knowledge beyond Suffolk? 🤷🏻‍♂️
You got a new job Phil on 17:57 - Jun 17 with 6555 viewsgainsboroughblue

70 pages. The absolute state of it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

You got a new job Phil on 17:58 - Jun 17 with 6558 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Haha, maybe they don't know that much about our players ...

"Leif Davis looks promising, but left back isn’t a position that normally affects where you finish to that large degree".

Would that be Leif Davis who had the most assists in the top scoring team last season?
You got a new job Phil on 17:59 - Jun 17 with 6542 viewsIllinoisblue

You got a new job Phil on 17:54 - Jun 17 by FevsBCFC

The fact that you can’t name a single Bristol City player says more about you than it does about someone who has a knowledge about more than just their own team. 🤷🏻‍♂️

FWIW re transfer gossip, it’s pretty common to see the likes of Pete O’Rourke listing both Bristol City and Ipswich Town in many tweets, especially ones that are primarily agent talk only.

Players like Morsy, Luongo, Chaplin, Burns, Broadhead, Ladapo, Woolfenden, Burgess, Walton, etc, etc, game styles are well known to many of us, because at previous times they’ve been opponents in Lg1 or Champ, in Burns case our own player, or have been targets, Walton 3/4 years back, or scouted by some of our forum members who worked for City in the past.

70-page thread, though. It’s not normal.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

You got a new job Phil on 18:00 - Jun 17 with 6507 viewsJ2BLUE

Within an hour on a Saturday evening. You got some sort of alert system set up?

Bit weird to be honest.

Truly impaired.

You got a new job Phil on 18:03 - Jun 17 with 6467 viewsgainsboroughblue

You got a new job Phil on 17:59 - Jun 17 by Illinoisblue

70-page thread, though. It’s not normal.

As is the klaxon they presumably have set up when a thread references their thread here.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

You got a new job Phil on 18:05 - Jun 17 with 6456 viewsHipsterectomy

Show me the 70 page thread where you're discussing Fleetwood's squad and transfer dealings because of your great interest in the whole of the EFL

You got a new job Phil on 18:06 - Jun 17 with 6458 viewsFevsBCFC

You got a new job Phil on 17:58 - Jun 17 by BudapestByBlimp

Haha, maybe they don't know that much about our players ...

"Leif Davis looks promising, but left back isn’t a position that normally affects where you finish to that large degree".

Would that be Leif Davis who had the most assists in the top scoring team last season?

Yep, it’s not a position that usually influences. How many teams do you usually call out the LB as being so influential? That’s the point.

You forget Ipswich were a team last season that dominated, full-backs can play high, can influence. But up a level, it’ll be very difference.

Your manager recognises that!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024