Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bumper length K Mac interview 09:45 - Jun 17 with 2696 viewsboroughblue

Warms the cockles doesn’t it… 🥰

Bumper length K Mac interview on 09:51 - Jun 17 with 2630 viewsRozz

Delighted to have McKenna tied down to a new deal. He's an absolute gem.

As an aside, anyone else wondering if they've put the interns in charge of filming while the rest of the media team are still on holiday?

Bizzare over the shoulder shot in both interviews, the framing is insane, and the camera's constant autofocus adjustments in and out on McKenna are making me feel like I've had 6 pints.

"always find something to moan about, bla bla bla"
Bumper length K Mac interview on 10:15 - Jun 17 with 2523 viewsKeno

Two keys comments for me

Last season was about more than promotion

This club has competed at the highest level of English, This club has competed at the highest level in Europe and there is no reason it cant do that again

and there seems to be some pollen about this morning

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Love these times people, drink them in, celebrate them and most of all… on 10:23 - Jun 17 with 2499 viewsunstableblue

…. Let’s stick together

This league is going to be way way harder, Chaplin won’t get that time in the box, Burns won’t beat the man, opposition strikers will take those chances, Morsy won’t dominate every midfield… but as a club, footballing staff and fans we’ve got to stick together… go full Forest mode

There are no bad games at PR… this is the time to be a Town Fan again

Let’s not have that wobble in the fan base seen after Bristol Rovers… our glass jaw as a set of supporters has to go

It may take a few seasons… but believe in the PROJECT and the MANAGER

Oh and our pitch now matches the Bernabeau - DRINK IT IN
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 10:24]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Bumper length K Mac interview on 09:03 - Jun 18 with 2113 viewsStewart27

What. A. Man.

Every time he speaks I feel like a blubbering mess.

We are so incredibly lucky to have him.
Love these times people, drink them in, celebrate them and most of all… on 11:13 - Jun 18 with 1985 viewsChurchman

Love these times people, drink them in, celebrate them and most of all… on 10:23 - Jun 17 by unstableblue

…. Let’s stick together

This league is going to be way way harder, Chaplin won’t get that time in the box, Burns won’t beat the man, opposition strikers will take those chances, Morsy won’t dominate every midfield… but as a club, footballing staff and fans we’ve got to stick together… go full Forest mode

Let’s not have that wobble in the fan base seen after Bristol Rovers… our glass jaw as a set of supporters has to go

Of course it’s a higher standard and let’s be honest, it’s hardly likely that we will go through a season with just four losses. It will be tougher.

But will it be that much tougher? Only time will tell. League 1 was much harder to get out of than I thought it would be. It felt like we were stuck in quicksand. Clubs like Derby, ourselves Wednesday and a few others carry a lot of expectation in a league where so many clubs are so small. It was only the last third of the season that we truly broke free.

Next season we will be up against largely peer clubs. Sticking together and all pointing in the same direction is key, as is organisation. Add in a few decent players and we’ve the potential to be as competitive as Sunderland were this year. That’s just a hope on my part.

My only expectation though is progress off the field (commercial, infrastructure, community) and on it a good season with a team getting stronger. KM uses words like humble a lot. He’s right to.

McKenna’s interview. My goodness, he comes across well.
Bumper length K Mac interview on 11:34 - Jun 18 with 1949 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lovely stuff.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Will the Championship be mush tougher/difficult? Time will tell.. different is.. on 13:40 - Jun 18 with 1825 viewsunstableblue

Love these times people, drink them in, celebrate them and most of all… on 11:13 - Jun 18 by Churchman

Of course it’s a higher standard and let’s be honest, it’s hardly likely that we will go through a season with just four losses. It will be tougher.

But will it be that much tougher? Only time will tell. League 1 was much harder to get out of than I thought it would be. It felt like we were stuck in quicksand. Clubs like Derby, ourselves Wednesday and a few others carry a lot of expectation in a league where so many clubs are so small. It was only the last third of the season that we truly broke free.

Next season we will be up against largely peer clubs. Sticking together and all pointing in the same direction is key, as is organisation. Add in a few decent players and we’ve the potential to be as competitive as Sunderland were this year. That’s just a hope on my part.

My only expectation though is progress off the field (commercial, infrastructure, community) and on it a good season with a team getting stronger. KM uses words like humble a lot. He’s right to.

McKenna’s interview. My goodness, he comes across well.

… the word

Agree the standard is going to be higher. But also agree League One was tough and a quagmire. I think it was a huge achievement to get automatic, and needed just remarkable form. Fleetwood at home, Lincoln away, Bristol Rovers away, Plymouth away… they were difficult games.

The big difference will be the way teams will set-up against us and how they will approach games. Effectively all the teams last season, bar a few, went very defensive against us, low blocks and gifting large amounts of possession.

I think we’ll get respect. But we’ll have to change how we play, and it’s going to be a new challenge for McKenna. Away at Leicester, Leeds, Boro, Southampton, etc. just wow!!!

Different league, different challenge.

I can’t frickin wait

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Will the Championship be mush tougher/difficult? Time will tell.. different is.. on 14:21 - Jun 18 with 1757 viewsChurchman

Will the Championship be mush tougher/difficult? Time will tell.. different is.. on 13:40 - Jun 18 by unstableblue

… the word

Agree the standard is going to be higher. But also agree League One was tough and a quagmire. I think it was a huge achievement to get automatic, and needed just remarkable form. Fleetwood at home, Lincoln away, Bristol Rovers away, Plymouth away… they were difficult games.

The big difference will be the way teams will set-up against us and how they will approach games. Effectively all the teams last season, bar a few, went very defensive against us, low blocks and gifting large amounts of possession.

I think we’ll get respect. But we’ll have to change how we play, and it’s going to be a new challenge for McKenna. Away at Leicester, Leeds, Boro, Southampton, etc. just wow!!!

Different league, different challenge.

I can’t frickin wait

They did indeed set up defensively and the irony was how much, at times, we struggled with it. Last third of the season we started putting teams away with the exception of Cheltenham and PV and the more teams tried to go at us the more they struggled. Peterborough and Barnsley were classics for this.

I don’t think we have to change the way we play. We just have to do it better. It was noticeable that sometimes we went quite direct back end of last season. Excellent passing game is great but you are never going to pass through teams all of the time. We are going to need some strengthening but not wholesale change. Evolution and all that jazz.

I’m looking forward to the challenge of better teams and more, better grounds so our brilliant away support has more opportunity to follow the team.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2023 14:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Bumper length K Mac interview on 16:49 - Jun 18 with 1596 viewsStrimmer

Bumper length K Mac interview on 09:51 - Jun 17 by Rozz

As an aside, anyone else wondering if they've put the interns in charge of filming while the rest of the media team are still on holiday?

Bizzare over the shoulder shot in both interviews, the framing is insane, and the camera's constant autofocus adjustments in and out on McKenna are making me feel like I've had 6 pints.

You’re absolutely right here. In the Luongo and Ashton interviews the second camera was on the wrong side so their eyeline was constantly switching sides. Completely amateur! That’s an absolute basic

Poll: Was it a punch?

Bumper length K Mac interview on 17:02 - Jun 18 with 1559 viewsClutch

They've hard panned the audio too haven't they?
Bumper length K Mac interview on 18:02 - Jun 18 with 1467 viewsgtsb1966

He has also said his family is settled in the area. Imagine having a nice few quid and bringing your family up in Suffolk where you want to live. Doesn't get much better than that for the family does it.
Bumper length K Mac interview on 23:50 - Jun 18 with 1243 viewsStewart27

It looks like when Jerry Adams used to get interviewed.

I was half expecting KM to have some kind of voice over.
Love these times people, drink them in, celebrate them and most of all… on 09:00 - Jun 19 with 1119 viewsBluespeed225

Love these times people, drink them in, celebrate them and most of all… on 10:23 - Jun 17 by unstableblue

…. Let’s stick together

Absolutely. When we go, say, 4 without a win, I hope the crowd stays with it. This will be a tougher season, but ultimately more satisfying in the end. Challenges all round for players, management and fans. We’ve been gone a while, the division has moved on, but as Luton, Sunderland and Coventry showed, it can be done! The parts are coming together, us lot being crucial to it. Can’t wait!
Bumper length K Mac interview on 09:03 - Jun 19 with 1115 viewswkj

Bristol City won't like this - it lasted longer than Ashton's interview. Something they were quite upset about in their 70 page mega thread of people being weird about us.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 9:39]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024