Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bellingham 19:59 - Jun 14 with 2087 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Got to be great for England that.

Remember talking to a guy that used to run their academy (now director of football at Sunderland) years ago and he told me that they had the future “best player in the world” on the books - not far off! In the same conversation he was raving about Ben Folami who has obviously gone in a slightly different direction.
Bellingham on 20:10 - Jun 14 with 2019 viewsThisIsMyUsername

A reported £328,000 per week.

At this point the money involved is just ridiculous. Honestly who needs to demand that much salary?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Bellingham on 20:18 - Jun 14 with 1991 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bellingham on 20:10 - Jun 14 by ThisIsMyUsername

At this point the money involved is just ridiculous. Honestly who needs to demand that much salary?

It’s obscene. What he earns in a MONTH would take someone on the average UK salary 50 YEARS to earn. So a long (most people work less than this) working life’s efforts compressed into a month.

He’s a wonderful player, but this inequality and greed is off the charts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bellingham on 21:24 - Jun 14 with 1819 viewsMattinLondon

Bellingham on 20:18 - Jun 14 by Swansea_Blue

It’s obscene. What he earns in a MONTH would take someone on the average UK salary 50 YEARS to earn. So a long (most people work less than this) working life’s efforts compressed into a month.

He’s a wonderful player, but this inequality and greed is off the charts.

Top players earn a lot - not just a football thing, or even a sport thing, but successful people that find their success in quite mainstream activities earn a lot. Football, golf, actors, musicians - success in certain fields breeds money.

Not sure why footballers receive a lot more criticism about their wealth when no one really mentions how obscene it is that someone like Bono or Tom Cruise earns much more.
Bellingham on 21:54 - Jun 14 with 1733 viewsOsborneOneNil

Bellingham on 21:24 - Jun 14 by MattinLondon

Top players earn a lot - not just a football thing, or even a sport thing, but successful people that find their success in quite mainstream activities earn a lot. Football, golf, actors, musicians - success in certain fields breeds money.

Not sure why footballers receive a lot more criticism about their wealth when no one really mentions how obscene it is that someone like Bono or Tom Cruise earns much more.

Indeed. Top actors get £20 million for a film. Madness, but no one moans.
Bellingham on 21:57 - Jun 14 with 1719 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bellingham on 21:24 - Jun 14 by MattinLondon

There’s a fair amount of publicity around the super rich getting richer while a lot of the rest of us get poorer. If anything footballers tend to have a free pass. Bankers or hedge fund managers who get paid far less than the top footballers come in for all sorts of stick. Even junior doctors and train drivers who earn in a year what Bellingham will earn in 1-3 days have got loads of grief lately. I understand the arguments for why some people get such high salaries, but it doesn’t make it any less obscene for me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bellingham on 02:23 - Jun 15 with 1569 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I know we could say this constantly but I genuinely believe England’s window is now through USA 26, as I think we have a perfect blend of top talented youngsters combined with real tournament experience. Of course Bellingham and Foden etc will be around for a while to come but Southgate’s main crop won’t.
Bellingham on 02:36 - Jun 15 with 1562 viewsSaigonTractor

I think it's fair considering the players are the reason the clubs in question earn so much money in the first place.
Bellingham on 08:37 - Jun 15 with 1372 viewsRobTheMonk

We have Rice and Bellingham who should be the midfielder for the next 5 years at least.

Watch us try to shoehorn Phillips into the team lol. I think he's an alright player, but he's played close to zero game time this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Bellingham on 09:01 - Jun 15 with 1343 viewsJakeITFC

And importantly they have a wealth of other midfield players to share his burden. I had a real worry that he'd move to Liverpool and play 60 games a year and be a shell of a player by 24 - can't be good that he plays with knee strappings already at his age.
Bellingham on 09:24 - Jun 15 with 1254 viewsbrazil1982

Agents.
Bellingham on 09:50 - Jun 15 with 1212 viewsSaigonTractor

Bellingham on 08:37 - Jun 15 by RobTheMonk

We have Rice and Bellingham who should be the midfielder for the next 5 years at least.

Watch us try to shoehorn Phillips into the team lol. I think he's an alright player, but he's played close to zero game time this season.

I genuinely can't remember the last time Phillips started for England. Seems pretty clear that Rice and Bellingham are our starting two CMs.
Bellingham on 10:16 - Jun 15 with 1160 viewsunbelievablue

Bellingham on 09:50 - Jun 15 by SaigonTractor

I genuinely can't remember the last time Phillips started for England. Seems pretty clear that Rice and Bellingham are our starting two CMs.

I think he has only ever started one game for City. A bad move for his England career.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Bellingham on 10:31 - Jun 15 with 1128 viewssuffolkpoker

Would he even be there top earner on that?

I respect the guy and his journey to the Bernabéu. I would love Kane to join him.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Bellingham on 10:31 - Jun 15 with 1127 viewsblueislander

Bellingham on 09:50 - Jun 15 by SaigonTractor

I don’t agree that playing in La Liga will necessarily improve him. It is nothing like as competitive as the Premier or the Bundesliga_
Bellingham on 11:25 - Jun 15 with 1060 viewsSaigonTractor

Bellingham on 10:31 - Jun 15 by blueislander

I don’t agree that playing in La Liga will necessarily improve him. It is nothing like as competitive as the Premier or the Bundesliga_

Two of the greatest players in football history managed to improve in La Liga, I reckon he'll be just fine.
Bellingham on 11:58 - Jun 15 with 1011 viewsFrimleyBlue

And Southgate will still pick Henderson.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bellingham on 12:15 - Jun 15 with 981 viewsRobTheMonk

Bellingham on 11:58 - Jun 15 by FrimleyBlue

And Southgate will still pick Henderson.

Henderson Phillips midfield with Trippier at left back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024