Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? 20:34 - Jun 11 with 6477 viewsArnieM

Is it plastic AND grass ? Sorry haven’t a clue about the technology….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 13:02 - Jun 12 with 2103 viewsRoyal_Blue

One of the rights granted to a Freeman of Ipswich is to be allowed to graze sheep on Portman Road. Will the new plastic kill them?
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 13:09 - Jun 12 with 2072 viewsArnieM

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 10:29 - Jun 12 by the_toff

Norwich have had it for about 20 years. We were well behind on that side of things, unsurprisingly given our owner in that period. I think someone said all premier league and championship clubs already have such a pitch.

It's not that noticeably different to an untrained eye vs. a fully natural grass pitch but these hybrid pitches that have the synthetic grass within them are much harder wearing. I presume the irrigation side of it is also where a lot of the benefit is.

The ground staff did a good job last season really considering what they were working with as our pitch was shockingly bad.

Suspect it’ll suit our style of play down to the ground . We’re making the pitch bigger too aren’t we.
This type of pitch was clearly wasted on “ them” lol !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 13:14 - Jun 12 with 2060 viewsBLUEBEAT

Fisons say fck off

Poll: W or W

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 13:31 - Jun 12 with 2005 viewsMuncher

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 12:02 - Jun 12 by FrimleyBlue

Depends on how it's set up then as there was a video showing a pitch being cut for the first time and it showed the fake clippings that came off and they explained it didn't effect the mower etc.

And why have you not taken any pictures.. poor show.

The permavoid system under the pitch

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 15:11 - Jun 12 with 1942 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

Yes, this appears to be the company we're using:

https://www.grassmax.com/hybrid-stitching

They have a nice video to go with it, too
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 16:00 - Jun 12 with 1881 viewsRoyal_Blue

One of the rights granted to a Freeman of Ipswich is to be allowed to graze sheep on Portman Road. Will the new plastic kill them?
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 18:13 - Jun 12 with 1794 viewsibbleobble

Tarmac to make it easier for away sides to park the bus, surely?
If its good enough for Real Madrid.. its (just) good enough for Portman Road (n/t) on 18:42 - Jun 12 with 1750 viewsunstableblue

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 15:11 - Jun 12 by NorthLondonBlue2

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 19:09 - Jun 12 with 1729 viewsBloomBlue

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 12:17 - Jun 12 by FrimleyBlue

Blimey we haven't gone cheap.

They've done some of the best and biggest pitches in the world

PSG. Madrid. Leicester. Which has been fantastic.

And the Norwich training ground
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 20:38 - Jun 12 with 1692 viewsCoastalblue

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 12:35 - Jun 12 by WD19

So what do you do when you want to grow the fake grass in the corners longer for a bit of hoofball?

It's a system a bit like this, so you can just vary it

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 21:09 - Jun 12 with 1670 viewsNthQldITFC

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 10:26 - Jun 12 by Keno

It will be made of all the past glories, the memories of great players who have trodden that hallowed ground, the knowledge that we have never been beaten on that ground by a European team and the understand that while Ipswich past is gone there is a uniqueness that will be woven into everything that comes after

It will also be made of the expectation of victories to come, of the dreams of fans gazing down from the stands and the hopes that what happens next will be a continuation of what we saw last season and the re-birth of new glories, a new uniqueness, a new Ipswich
[Post edited 12 Jun 2023 10:41]

That's the sort of thing I was going to try to write, Ken, only you've done a much better job of it. I can't quite believe that this hasn't been uppied to record levels. Wtf? It sure got my sap rising!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 21:17 - Jun 12 with 1664 viewsNthQldITFC

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 16:00 - Jun 12 by Royal_Blue

No but it would be baaaa-d for them.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 21:52 - Jun 12 with 1638 viewsMattinLondon

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 10:36 - Jun 12 by Kieran_Knows

It will be green.

Do pitches have to be green? Is it within the rules for a synthetic pitch to be blue?
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 22:29 - Jun 12 with 1588 viewsbluebudgie

It will be made of all the past glories, the memories of great players who have trodden that hallowed ground, the knowledge that we have never been beaten on that ground by a European team and the understand that while Ipswich past is gone there is a uniqueness that will be woven into everything that comes after

It will also be made of the expectation of victories to come, of the dreams of fans gazing down from the stands and the hopes that what happens next will be a continuation of what we saw last season and the re-birth of new glories, a new uniqueness, a new Ipswich

Brilliant post.
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 22:31 - Jun 12 with 1586 viewsbluebudgie

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 15:11 - Jun 12 by NorthLondonBlue2

Having read about the new pitch, it says one advantage is no diverts,, just glad we didn't have that pitch when Gunny did his famous air kick!
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 09:51 - Jun 13 with 1450 viewsSixto6

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 22:31 - Jun 12 by bluebudgie

Having read about the new pitch, it says one advantage is no diverts,, just glad we didn't have that pitch when Gunny did his famous air kick!

The pitch is turning green this morning , a 4m strip the length of the pitch is already in.
Looks impressive.
I’d upload a picture but have no idea how to do it 😂
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 10:15 - Jun 13 with 1431 viewssolemio

It's a mixture of grass with sugar and spice and all things nice.
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 10:46 - Jun 13 with 1389 viewsSkip_Intro

no idea what it's made of but it will be watered with the tears of our feathered friends up the road...
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 10:51 - Jun 13 with 1367 viewshoppy

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 10:46 - Jun 13 by Skip_Intro

no idea what it's made of but it will be watered with the tears of our feathered friends up the road...

And tears from the unicorns that live in their trophy cabinet as well...

(I'll let you decide if such things exist)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 10:59 - Jun 13 with 1349 viewsBluesky

Is that Shakespeare? If it isn't, it should be. King
Morsey I, part II.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2023 11:00]
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 11:03 - Jun 13 with 1342 viewsBluesky

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 16:00 - Jun 12 by Royal_Blue

They die of boredom. Chewing the cud goes on and on and on...
What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 22:08 - Jun 13 with 1202 viewsMuncher

What’s our new pitch going to be made of ? on 09:51 - Jun 13 by Sixto6

The pitch is turning green this morning , a 4m strip the length of the pitch is already in.
Looks impressive.
I’d upload a picture but have no idea how to do it 😂

Have PM’d you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024