Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… 11:27 - May 31 with 11416 viewsMancBlue86

that is the same type of player and fits the system?
[Post edited 31 May 2023 11:32]

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 11:32 - May 31 with 6197 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Harry Kane only has a year left on his contract…
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 11:41 - May 31 with 6136 viewsAero

Pigott? Ive heard he's been training well.
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 11:50 - May 31 with 6055 viewsParky

Jay Stansfield.

Not got a majorly prolific record, but only 20, and looks like he’d suit our style. Not sure if a permanent deal would be achievable, but if so, could be a great investment and one that could definitely be sold for a big fee in the future.
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 11:52 - May 31 with 6051 viewsBloomBlue

Kieffer Moore. Proven Championship/PL goal scorer, played in the World Cup. Good with both feet and in the air. Age may be against him but won't cost a lot from B'mouth.
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 11:53 - May 31 with 6036 viewskeighleyblue

Harry Kane.
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 11:54 - May 31 with 6034 viewsITFC_Josh

Fraser Hornby
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 11:56 - May 31 with 6003 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dane scarlett
Will Keane
Yates

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:03 - May 31 with 5932 viewsZapers

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 11:41 - May 31 by Aero

Pigott? Ive heard he's been training well.

And he's masculine, or is that Chambers!
Login to get fewer ads

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:13 - May 31 with 5838 viewsgeg1992

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 11:52 - May 31 by BloomBlue

Kieffer Moore. Proven Championship/PL goal scorer, played in the World Cup. Good with both feet and in the air. Age may be against him but won't cost a lot from B'mouth.

Isn't he playing in the Premier League quite regularly? Would be an incredible signing but surely not realistic, especially with wages?

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:16 - May 31 with 5813 viewscressi

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:13 - May 31 by geg1992

Isn't he playing in the Premier League quite regularly? Would be an incredible signing but surely not realistic, especially with wages?

Joeĺ Piroe Swansea
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:24 - May 31 with 5738 viewsyorkshireblue

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 11:50 - May 31 by Parky

Jay Stansfield.

Not got a majorly prolific record, but only 20, and looks like he’d suit our style. Not sure if a permanent deal would be achievable, but if so, could be a great investment and one that could definitely be sold for a big fee in the future.

This would be my answer.
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:26 - May 31 with 5723 viewsITFC_Jenx

Just a few names:

Daryl Dike
Lawrence Shankland
Rhys Healey
Thjs Daalinga (sp)
Joel Piroe
Marcus Forss
Joe Gelhardt

How realistic these are is hard to know until we get signings.

Jerry Yates and Adam Armstrong have been linked (make of that what you will) but I could see a striker like them being trained in the 10 role.
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:28 - May 31 with 5700 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This time last season we were after Evan Ferguson on loan. At that point I had never heard of him. If we are able to identify and get a player like that in we will do well. Someone who can have the impact of Tella at Burnley would be a superb signing. With our recruitment, I would not be surprised either.

I think we might look to get John-Joules back as well, but not as the main man in that position.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:29 - May 31 with 5660 viewsMetal_Hacker

People mentioning Scarlett but really not seen anything in him and yes I know what KMcK said about him

Just don’t see it

Stansfield is a good shout albeit not sure he is THE answer but would be a superb signing. He’s energetic and quick and a good worker. Could he be strong enough against championship defenders ?
[Post edited 31 May 2023 12:29]

Poll: If it were one or the other

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:35 - May 31 with 5615 viewsnodge_blue

Bishop from Portsmouth

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:37 - May 31 with 5584 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Jay Stansfield.

He isn't quite in the Ladapo/Hirst Mould really which would suggest to me that Stansfield wouldnt fit being a 9 in our system. Would fit one of the wide roles, but I don't think he is a huge upgrade on what we have now.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:47 - May 31 with 5515 viewsjayessess

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:28 - May 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

This time last season we were after Evan Ferguson on loan. At that point I had never heard of him. If we are able to identify and get a player like that in we will do well. Someone who can have the impact of Tella at Burnley would be a superb signing. With our recruitment, I would not be surprised either.

I think we might look to get John-Joules back as well, but not as the main man in that position.

It was January we looked at Ferguson (think we looked at Jay Stansfield this time last year).

Think Ferguson and Tella really illustrate different paths on loans.

Tella turned 23 just before going on loan to Burnley. He'd had 3 seasons in Southampton's first team squad and made a few dozen appearances. That's the kind of loan player where you'd expect them to contribute at a very high level right from the very beginning.

Ferguson was 18 and when we were looking at him, his entire league career was 3 matches for Bohemians in the LoI. As a recruiting team you can assess attributes, watch PL2 matches and Youth Internationals, but first loans are always something else entirely. For every Ferguson who rips it up straight away in men's football, there's a Dane Scarlett and a Liam Delap that underwhelms in their first loan (and I'm not sure it's something you can predict easily in advance).

I think we'd much rather go the Tella-type route if we can.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:47 - May 31 with 5518 viewsArnoldMoorhen

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:35 - May 31 by nodge_blue

Bishop from Portsmouth

This is the obvious answer. Swap Pigott plus cash for Colby Bishop.
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:49 - May 31 with 5483 viewsParky

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:37 - May 31 by TRUE_BLUE123

He isn't quite in the Ladapo/Hirst Mould really which would suggest to me that Stansfield wouldnt fit being a 9 in our system. Would fit one of the wide roles, but I don't think he is a huge upgrade on what we have now.

I personally see him similarly to John-Jules. Can operate upfront and can also play in the ‘wide’ roles.

Whether he’s ready to step up to the Championship remains to be seen, might not be an upgrade on what we have already as such, but would be seen as an investment (if a permanent deal was possible)
[Post edited 31 May 2023 12:52]
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:54 - May 31 with 5401 viewsDarth_Koont

Ahadme as a dark horse.

Clearly is/was seen as a talent for McKenna et al to sign him. It's been a frustrating injury-interrupted start with Town but he's still young enough to be developing which I think is always more of a factor for bigger frontmen who need to learn how to use their size and strength in the senior game.

But realistically we'll probably need someone on top of their game to begin with. And all depends on whether we're going to be competing with the top teams financially in which case we could be in an entirely different market than we've been used to over the past 10 years.

Of course, having said that, Hirst really would be ideal if we could make it work somehow. Matching up and coming players with our own trajectory as we seem to have done with Walton, Broadhead and Davis for example feels like a great way to go.

Pronouns: He/Him

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:57 - May 31 with 5372 viewsipswichtillidie

Jay Stansfield.

I like him as a prospect. I do think we will go for players well off the radar of what people are thinking and until the first couple of signings turn up I think it will then be more apparent then what market we are in.
I like TJJ - they may make it permanent.
I like Hirst - May get a deal done.
Mason-Clark at Posh.
Scarlett another player we know is admired.
But..: wouldn’t surprise me if non of these come and we look elsewhere. As mentioned there will probably be little noise then the deal is done. Until then could be a long summer

Gav

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 13:06 - May 31 with 5284 viewsAsa

This thread seems to be conclusive evidence of the sort of scars that the Evans era has left.

We will be one of the best funded sides in the Championship. We will be one of the most ambitious. We have signed half of the Manchester United scouting department. We have seen a newly promoted club, in Sunderland, sign a £37m player on loan. We have seen Town target Evan Ferguson before most here had heard of him only for him to bang goals in in the Premier League.

Yet people are suggesting Colby Bishop, Dane Scarlett and Will Keane (elswhere Macauley Langstaff) as the answer to who will fire us into the Premier League, which is what the owners will be looking to try and do next season.

I'd be surprised if we set our sights as 'low' as Jerry Yates who has just scored 15 goals in the Championship in a relegated side and would be some signing.

Would not be surprised at all to see us go big for Hirst seeing him as a backup and bring in someone that we considered to be even better than him to potentially start games.

When we are THIS good, 98 points, 101 goals and looking every inch a top Championship striker, I cannot see any way the main man is a striker who isn't already deemed a perfect fit for our system. It'll be someone who can win the ball in the air, hold it up, get into the channels, get in behind. Hirst is good in the air, quick, strong and works tirelessly. It's going to be that mould.

We won't be settling for half decent League One strikers, especially not ones that can't do a bit of everything Hirst offers. We won't be getting a top tier scouting department for them to recommend a bloke who looked alright for a month at Portsmouth.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 13:33]
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 13:07 - May 31 with 5254 viewscatch74

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:47 - May 31 by ArnoldMoorhen

Nixon thinks we might be in for him plus Armstrong and Rak-Sakyi. Yes, I know it’s just Nixon but he does seem to have a bit of insight.

This as well:
https://the72.co.uk/2023/05/31/swansea-city-mans-agent-contacts-ipswich-town-she

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 13:07 - May 31 with 5244 viewsMach_foreignBlue

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:26 - May 31 by ITFC_Jenx

Just a few names:

Daryl Dike
Lawrence Shankland
Rhys Healey
Thjs Daalinga (sp)
Joel Piroe
Marcus Forss
Joe Gelhardt

How realistic these are is hard to know until we get signings.

Jerry Yates and Adam Armstrong have been linked (make of that what you will) but I could see a striker like them being trained in the 10 role.

Unrealistic as Dike has a long term injury.
If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 13:21 - May 31 with 5094 viewsSheffordBlue

If we can’t get Hirst, who is next on your list… on 12:47 - May 31 by ArnoldMoorhen

Alan Nixon (who has a better record on this stuff than many give him credit for) is reiterating Bishop and Armstrong as being two that we still have interest in.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024