Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The smelly hippies are at it again 17:38 - May 27 with 10369 viewsSitfcB

A no nonsense Rugby player saw to them…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The smelly hippies are at it again on 11:00 - May 28 with 726 viewsDarth_Koont

The smelly hippies are at it again on 10:50 - May 28 by Zapers

Who said that any sensible person trying to protect the planet is a loon?

You have purposely misrepresented what the original OP was about.

My issue is with the loons that support these disruptive demonstrations. If you think that upsetting the general public is the right way to get people on your side of the argument, you are clearly a deluded individual.

Age has nothing to do with it!

It’s gone past getting the general public onside – most of them are in principle onside anyway.

It’s about keeping the issue in the news so that politicians and corporations are held to account for their inactivity.

JSO, just like Insulate Britain before, perfectly illustrate the lack of leadership and political will on these issues. And just like you it seems, the powers that be would like nothing better than these people to stay quiet and not bring attention to it.

Pronouns: He/Him

The smelly hippies are at it again on 11:06 - May 28 with 713 viewsJ2BLUE

The smelly hippies are at it again on 10:30 - May 28 by BlueOura

Nor will there be if we completely eradicate fossil fuels and plunge everybody back to the stone age.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 10:35]

You don't think electric cars and clean energy is more futuristic than fossil fuels?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mummy will pay the fine. (n/t) on 11:12 - May 28 with 676 viewsleitrimblue

Mummy will pay the fine. (n/t) on 17:42 - May 27 by Bloots

Didn't recognise your brave Prince Andrew amongst um. Guess it's as good as way as any to meet kids....
The smelly hippies are at it again on 11:19 - May 28 with 651 viewspointofblue

I remember with the usual one off pitch invaders and streakers, cameras used to zoom on to the crowd and not give them attention. I was out so didn't see the game - did that happen yesterday?

I suppose that's why they use orange paint or powder; it's a call sign which lingers even if the protest itself is missed.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The smelly hippies are at it again on 11:21 - May 28 with 648 viewsleitrimblue

The smelly hippies are at it again on 10:30 - May 28 by BlueOura

Nor will there be if we completely eradicate fossil fuels and plunge everybody back to the stone age.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 10:35]

We didn't have a understanding of hydro, wind, tidal or solar energies during the neolithic/stone age. So eradicating fossil fuels would definitely not plunge us back to the stone age
The smelly hippies are at it again on 11:24 - May 28 with 627 viewsZapers

The smelly hippies are at it again on 11:00 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

It’s gone past getting the general public onside – most of them are in principle onside anyway.

It’s about keeping the issue in the news so that politicians and corporations are held to account for their inactivity.

JSO, just like Insulate Britain before, perfectly illustrate the lack of leadership and political will on these issues. And just like you it seems, the powers that be would like nothing better than these people to stay quiet and not bring attention to it.

Correct.

The rest is wishful thinking on your part. I'm on your side but I just do not think this is the right way to go about making the issue topical.

In the meantime you are peeing off the major part of the population.
The smelly hippies are at it again on 11:36 - May 28 with 597 viewsDarth_Koont

The smelly hippies are at it again on 11:24 - May 28 by Zapers

Correct.

The rest is wishful thinking on your part. I'm on your side but I just do not think this is the right way to go about making the issue topical.

In the meantime you are peeing off the major part of the population.

What is the “right way to go about it” considering the need to wean ourselves off fossil fuels to address climate change has been topical for at least the last couple of decades?

Do you think we should be looking to issue new licences and extract more? Yes or no as that’s specifically what the JSO protests are about.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024