Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... 16:46 - May 27 with 11822 viewsZx1988

Only the f**king CEO of Sky Betting and Gaming.

Shameful.
[Post edited 27 May 2023 17:04]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 17:20 - May 31 with 643 viewsJ2BLUE

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 17:17 - May 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

I consider you one of the best posters on TWTD.

Right up there with guthers, something, stokers, ry, rom, herbs...

To be honest it would be easier to nominate the sh.it. They know who they are.

That's more sarcasm right?

...only joking! Aww Dollers, thank you. I think the same about you

Getting a bit too feels in here. You knob. That's better.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 17:44 - May 31 with 604 viewsRadlett_blue

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 15:16 - May 31 by Herbivore

Is anyone here actually arguing for a ban on gambling or decimating the industry though? You seem to agree that there are lots of problems with the industry, as does Rommers, and there's broadly consensus on that. I have seen people suggesting tighter regulation, particularly in relation to FOBTs, and better support for problem gamblers. Again, not sure there's much disagreement on that either.

People will always have a pop at the industry because, let's be honest, it's mucky AF. It's not alone in that but it is an industry that profits off people's misery, that has historically lobbied hard to protect its ability to do so, and that rigs the game so it always wins, not just through FOBTs but also through restricting the capacity of those who can beat the system to actually do so.

As it's an industry you and some others are close to and profit from I can see why attacks on the industry might feel personal, but take a step back and surely you can see why people see it as problematic, and when you unpick what those problems are you seem to broadly agree.

Most of the gaming industry's profits come from "problem gamblers" or those with addictive personalities. The gaming companies pay lip service to the rules, but Ray Winstone barking "Gamble responsibly!" isn't going to deter the addicted punter. Football's willing association with gambling is purely down to greed. If the FA had an ounce of moral responsibility, they would ban all gaming sponsors (only shirt fronts to be banned eventually) & forbid "official betting partners".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 18:00 - May 31 with 570 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 17:20 - May 31 by J2BLUE

That's more sarcasm right?

...only joking! Aww Dollers, thank you. I think the same about you

Getting a bit too feels in here. You knob. That's better.

When I joined TWTD I wasn't argumentative. This place made me.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 18:13 - May 31 with 560 viewsRyorry

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 17:09 - May 31 by J2BLUE

My apologies.

I don't think we have ever been referred to as the good guys in the debate!

Not sure we have ever had a reaction like that.

Sorry again.

Yeah, we're so used to only slings, arrows & mudpies in these threads, maybe you were in shock?!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 18:15 - May 31 with 546 viewsHerbivore

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 18:00 - May 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yes you were.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 18:48 - May 31 with 504 viewsbluelagos

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 18:00 - May 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

"This place made me. "

Now there's a very scary thought.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 19:03 - May 31 with 484 viewsRyorry

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 18:48 - May 31 by bluelagos

"This place made me. "

Now there's a very scary thought.

Is this where Gav appears with an ominous smile to tell us we're not real, just characters in 'The TWTD Show'?

Poll: Time of the annunciation

'Guest of honour' at the Championship play-off final... on 23:29 - May 31 with 413 viewsSitfcB

It’s been 10 years of the Sky Bet sponsorship aswell, so that’s another reason as to why.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024