Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes 18:00 - May 17 with 4799 viewsArnieM

Good or meh signing?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:03 - May 17 with 4080 viewsFrimleyBlue

Good signing it seems. Burnley fans love him.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:04 - May 17 with 4086 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hmm. Depends why they’ve signed him. If it’s to have some experience around the place, fair enough. If it’s to replace Pukki’s goals then good luck with that!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:06 - May 17 with 4069 viewstextbackup

33 year old really is a far cry from a typical norwich signing of the last 10/15 years…

He’ll be alright for them, but doesn’t scream ambition/planning for the future like they have done

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:18 - May 17 with 3967 viewsJ2BLUE

Decent but unspectacular. 6.5/10. Suspect they have to rebuild on the cheap and adding him on a free looks decent business. I think they will be very much hoping for top 6 rather than thinking autos are realistic but I really think they are finally in decline.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:19 - May 17 with 3965 viewsMattinLondon

A better than ok signing but not a good signing. He’ll make a nuisance of himself but I doubt that he’ll score a lot.
So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:30 - May 17 with 3823 viewsChurchman

Age 34 in October, banging them in for Burnley - 10 league goals in the last four seasons. Clearly one for the future and an obvious step up from Pukki (just the miserable 58 league goals). I’ll bet they can’t wait to welcome the soon to be conquering hero.

How the heck do we compete with that???

Errr hopefully a lot better than that. A has been hopeful signing. Up there with suggesting Phil Jones, age 31, barely plays a game, treatment table warmer,
[Post edited 17 May 2023 18:32]
So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:35 - May 17 with 3759 viewsFrimleyBlue

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:30 - May 17 by Churchman

Age 34 in October, banging them in for Burnley - 10 league goals in the last four seasons. Clearly one for the future and an obvious step up from Pukki (just the miserable 58 league goals). I’ll bet they can’t wait to welcome the soon to be conquering hero.

How the heck do we compete with that???

Errr hopefully a lot better than that. A has been hopeful signing. Up there with suggesting Phil Jones, age 31, barely plays a game, treatment table warmer,
[Post edited 17 May 2023 18:32]

Loungo was a regular to the treatment table. As was mcgoldrick. Went to new clubs... voila.

Let our medical team sort out jones.
[Post edited 18 May 2023 8:12]

Waka waka eh eh

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:37 - May 17 with 3749 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Guessing he's signed as an enabler, brings those around him into play but at 34 he's definitely at the latter end of his career.

Didn't we try for him years ago? When he was still trying to break through?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:38 - May 17 with 3743 viewsVic

At nearly 34 when the season starts it seems like a Jewell signing. Not exactly shouting progression is it.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:46 - May 17 with 3693 viewsChurchman

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:35 - May 17 by FrimleyBlue

Loungo was a regular to the treatment table. As was mcgoldrick. Went to new clubs... voila.

Luongo isn’t 33 and has played far more games than treatment table Jones.

If Man Utd medical team cannot sort out sick note Jones, how on earth do you think ITFCs are going to?

Why cling on to these ‘names’? It is alien to KM and the new ownership. We’ve just watched Sheffield Weds collapse in part due to too many old has beens yet you want to pack our team with them?

We don’t need to do it. Let go of Evans’ warm comfy blanket of tried and tested (old, cheap and shot pensioners) and embrace what KM and the gang are trying to do, is my view.
So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:53 - May 17 with 3642 viewsgtsb1966

Jones is shoite. Would be a step backwards. No thanks.
So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:59 - May 17 with 3592 viewsKieran_Knows

I think that’s a really good signing, providing they get the players around him like Burnley did. Considering Kompany went in there and completely changed their style of play and he still ended up playing 40 games for them, shows it was more than just goals he was bringing to their team (think he got 7 for the season).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 19:10 - May 17 with 3500 viewsFrimleyBlue

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 18:46 - May 17 by Churchman

Luongo isn’t 33 and has played far more games than treatment table Jones.

If Man Utd medical team cannot sort out sick note Jones, how on earth do you think ITFCs are going to?

Why cling on to these ‘names’? It is alien to KM and the new ownership. We’ve just watched Sheffield Weds collapse in part due to too many old has beens yet you want to pack our team with them?

We don’t need to do it. Let go of Evans’ warm comfy blanket of tried and tested (old, cheap and shot pensioners) and embrace what KM and the gang are trying to do, is my view.

We signed 36 year old keogh only last summer.

Tbh. I've only mentioned jones in jest alongside mata over the past 12 months. But I wouldn't say tho that we only sign young upcoming talent.

Waka waka eh eh

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 19:32 - May 17 with 3385 viewsVegtablue

Good squad signing for Championship sides targeting promotion. Hopefully he doesn't exert any influence on the dressing room over there!
So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 19:49 - May 17 with 3284 viewsWeirdFishes

If we’d have signed him I’d feel slightly underwhelmed. There’s a reason Burnley didn’t want to keep him around.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 19:50 - May 17 with 3277 viewsjas0999

Great signing.
So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 20:08 - May 17 with 3165 viewsgiant_stow

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 19:32 - May 17 by Vegtablue

Good squad signing for Championship sides targeting promotion. Hopefully he doesn't exert any influence on the dressing room over there!

Yeah the dressing room thing and leadership on the pitch good be his biggest contribution.

Agree with the chaps above who say he's not a very recent-norwich signing, but still, cut your clothe and all that and some oldies do end up making big contributions.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 20:38 - May 17 with 3034 viewsChurchman

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 20:08 - May 17 by giant_stow

Yeah the dressing room thing and leadership on the pitch good be his biggest contribution.

Agree with the chaps above who say he's not a very recent-norwich signing, but still, cut your clothe and all that and some oldies do end up making big contributions.

Some oldies can be worth their weight in gold. For example Wark and Mowbray for us. Barnes maybe the man for Norwich. Time will tell.

For Wednesday, the oldies were worth their weight in disappointment.
So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 21:25 - May 17 with 2903 viewsKropotkin123

Couldn't hit a banjo with a Barnes door

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 22:33 - May 17 with 2700 viewsmichaeldownunder

He scored six or seven goals in 40 odd matches for Burnley last season. Norwich are no Burnley they are a mid table team, at best, at the moment. He is 33/34 years of age. He has been signed as their No,9 for the season. Norwich must be up sh@t creek if that's the best they can do.

Maybe they should have signed John Barnes
So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 23:47 - May 17 with 2525 viewsbournemouthblue

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 22:33 - May 17 by michaeldownunder

He scored six or seven goals in 40 odd matches for Burnley last season. Norwich are no Burnley they are a mid table team, at best, at the moment. He is 33/34 years of age. He has been signed as their No,9 for the season. Norwich must be up sh@t creek if that's the best they can do.

Maybe they should have signed John Barnes

Probably too early to job to conclusions, I'm sure he'd do a solid job as a number 9 for them but I do agree, it's not the sort of signing they have generally made in more recent years

Looks like a slight change of strategy

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 00:57 - May 18 with 2459 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd be disappointed if we signed him. Bang average signing.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 07:56 - May 18 with 2375 viewsJuggsy

…. Wallah?

WTF is that?
So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 08:07 - May 18 with 2350 viewsRobTheMonk

I think it’s an okay signing. Good experience, a bit of a nuisance, but approaching the latter part of his career.
So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 08:16 - May 18 with 2312 viewsBbmaj

So, nodge sign Ashley Barnes on 07:56 - May 18 by Juggsy

…. Wallah?

WTF is that?

Drum roll…

Your nose can sense the delicious aromas of a spicy Indian tea.

Message board poster removes the veil of secrecy, so your eyes can join the feast.

Voila! Or Hoy Pesto maybe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024