Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"The king wore a crown of solid gold " 17:38 - May 6 with 5445 viewsnoggin

It's actually quite disgusting, isn't it?

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 00:13 - May 7 with 1760 viewsRyorry

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 19:15 - May 6 by HARRY10

that's something you can;t fail to notice

From te mouth frothing Mail ro tge dimwitted 30p Andersion, through to any number of righties spokes men/woman it is the same mouth frothing indignation

"How dare some folk not doff their cap in reverence to their betters."

It only takes the slightest of rattle on the rightie cage to set them off

Such sport, on top of the righties getting a good kicking at the polls.....just need to win the title tomorrow, and it will have been one of the best weekends for a very long while

"mouth frothing indignation"

10/10 for unwitting irony.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 00:40 - May 7 with 1711 viewsJ2BLUE

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 00:11 - May 7 by Ryorry

There has been slagging off, including a torrent against myself for daring to say I'd like a fully costed balance sheet of the coronation & mentioning a docu on money-spinning heritage industries.

There've also been some pretty disgusting sexist comments & body-shaming (against others, not myself).
[Post edited 7 May 2023 0:28]

Not downplaying those issues but that is not slagging off the country which was the point I was making.

I notice you downvoted a comment of mine which I assume is one of the sexist comments you are referring to. It was just a play on words and was not meant to be offensive.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 01:06 - May 7 with 1705 viewsRyorry

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 00:40 - May 7 by J2BLUE

Not downplaying those issues but that is not slagging off the country which was the point I was making.

I notice you downvoted a comment of mine which I assume is one of the sexist comments you are referring to. It was just a play on words and was not meant to be offensive.

OK, understood 👍

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 02:46 - May 7 with 1688 viewsZapers

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 19:04 - May 6 by GlasgowBlue

It does seem to be upsetting all of the right people.

Agreed, but does it really come as any surprise.
"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 02:51 - May 7 with 1685 viewsZapers

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 19:15 - May 6 by HARRY10

that's something you can;t fail to notice

From te mouth frothing Mail ro tge dimwitted 30p Andersion, through to any number of righties spokes men/woman it is the same mouth frothing indignation

"How dare some folk not doff their cap in reverence to their betters."

It only takes the slightest of rattle on the rightie cage to set them off

Such sport, on top of the righties getting a good kicking at the polls.....just need to win the title tomorrow, and it will have been one of the best weekends for a very long while

No doubt the English version will be along soon.
"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 03:20 - May 7 with 1671 viewsHARRY10

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 00:13 - May 7 by Ryorry

"mouth frothing indignation"

10/10 for unwitting irony.

poor rightie

never occurs to him that he maybe being wound up

currently sat writing for a 'satirical outlet' (make of that what you will)

and it does help to get the comedic juices flowing teasing the bigots, they do bite so easily

meanwhile, here's something for you to read while you wipe your screen clean of spittle and froth (I hope it is that, as you lot do get overexcited when seeing your betters)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/may/06/sword-wielding-penny-mordaunt-an
"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 06:47 - May 7 with 1629 viewsRyorry

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 03:20 - May 7 by HARRY10

poor rightie

never occurs to him that he maybe being wound up

currently sat writing for a 'satirical outlet' (make of that what you will)

and it does help to get the comedic juices flowing teasing the bigots, they do bite so easily

meanwhile, here's something for you to read while you wipe your screen clean of spittle and froth (I hope it is that, as you lot do get overexcited when seeing your betters)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/may/06/sword-wielding-penny-mordaunt-an

You’ve validated my comments.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 6:49]

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 07:54 - May 7 with 1536 viewswkj

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 23:11 - May 6 by MattinLondon

I’ve yet to read a post on here where people slagged off Britain or the British - the monarchy definitely but not the country.

But, make stuff up if that suits you.
[Post edited 6 May 2023 23:19]

And much of the blood in the Monarchy isn't British anyway, so is it really anti British to want a republic?
[Post edited 7 May 2023 7:56]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:11 - May 7 with 1516 viewsGlasgowBlue

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 07:54 - May 7 by wkj

And much of the blood in the Monarchy isn't British anyway, so is it really anti British to want a republic?

Are you suggesting that people who were born and bred here, but may have a parent, grand parent, great grand parent or an ancestor even further back who came to this country and made it their home, aren’t really British?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:15 - May 7 with 1517 viewswkj

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:11 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

Are you suggesting that people who were born and bred here, but may have a parent, grand parent, great grand parent or an ancestor even further back who came to this country and made it their home, aren’t really British?

Did I say that? Nope. Stop trying to pick me apart, get a new hobby.

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:17 - May 7 with 1506 viewsGlasgowBlue

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:15 - May 7 by wkj

Did I say that? Nope. Stop trying to pick me apart, get a new hobby.

What did you mean by “And much of the blood in the Monarchy isn't British anyway”? How does your comment differ from that aimed at Rishi Sunak by David Starkey?

Iron Lion Zion

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:21 - May 7 with 1503 viewswkj

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:17 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

What did you mean by “And much of the blood in the Monarchy isn't British anyway”? How does your comment differ from that aimed at Rishi Sunak by David Starkey?

Stop trying to make something out of my words that isn't there. Though if you are confused I will circle back to your reply. No, that was not what I was trying to say.

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:22 - May 7 with 1498 viewsHerbivore

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 22:55 - May 6 by HARRY10

Which is the same argument that could be made against the Proceeds of Crime Act.

Don't do anything to help, as it does not solve the wider problem.

"Now Mr Beggar, I would give you some food, but that will not solve the problem of homelessness or poverty, so I shan't."

Edit - replied to wrong post.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 8:24]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:24 - May 7 with 1494 viewsHerbivore

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 23:09 - May 6 by MattinLondon

To be absolutely honest, for me, it’s not the cost of the ceremony which annoys me as there are always going to be sections of society which are going to be poor.

For me the hereditary system is wrong and rooted in the past. Personally if Britain is to move forward then we should say goodbye to the monarch. A relic of history where by pure accident of birth a few individuals live a life of absolute privilege.

Poverty is a political choice in a wealthy country, it's not inevitable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:34 - May 7 with 1462 viewsDJR

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 00:11 - May 7 by Ryorry

There has been slagging off, including a torrent against myself for daring to say I'd like a fully costed balance sheet of the coronation & mentioning a docu on money-spinning heritage industries.

There've also been some pretty disgusting sexist comments & body-shaming (against others, not myself).
[Post edited 7 May 2023 0:28]

The Penny Mordaunt thread, which appears to have been pulled, made particularly grim reading.

It's not just at the ground, but also on TWTD, that the Her Game Too campaign matters, as well as the Rainbow Tractors' and Kick It Out campaigns.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 8:34]
"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:41 - May 7 with 1433 viewsGlasgowBlue

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:21 - May 7 by wkj

Stop trying to make something out of my words that isn't there. Though if you are confused I will circle back to your reply. No, that was not what I was trying to say.

Well I’ve given you the opportunity to clarify your post but you seem either unable or unwilling to do so.

I’m sorry that you have taken my reply so personally. I recently pulled up another poster for making a similar comment during the King’s visit to Germany.

I don’t think xenophobia is acceptable, regardless of the wealth and status of the person to whom the comments were aimed at.

Punching up leads to a lot of the issues I’ve been known to comment on this board over the past decade or so. If I see it then I will ask for clarification, irrespective of the poster.

Iron Lion Zion

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:42 - May 7 with 1421 viewswkj

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:41 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

Well I’ve given you the opportunity to clarify your post but you seem either unable or unwilling to do so.

I’m sorry that you have taken my reply so personally. I recently pulled up another poster for making a similar comment during the King’s visit to Germany.

I don’t think xenophobia is acceptable, regardless of the wealth and status of the person to whom the comments were aimed at.

Punching up leads to a lot of the issues I’ve been known to comment on this board over the past decade or so. If I see it then I will ask for clarification, irrespective of the poster.

I have not, my succinct reply to your post is, and remains, no - your supposition was not what I was trying to say.

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:43 - May 7 with 1417 viewsMattinLondon

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:24 - May 7 by Herbivore

Quite clumsily written by me - you are right of course.
"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 09:03 - May 7 with 1377 viewsbrogansnose

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 07:54 - May 7 by wkj

Of all the things to have a swipe at the Royals for, their ' non British blood' isn't one of them. In fact, it puts you in with some distinctly dodgy groupings.
"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 09:26 - May 7 with 1350 viewswkj

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 09:03 - May 7 by brogansnose

Of all the things to have a swipe at the Royals for, their ' non British blood' isn't one of them. In fact, it puts you in with some distinctly dodgy groupings.

There are a couple of pages being skipped here.

The British monarchy throughout the ages have had a number of instances where non-British people marry in to the family. When we pair that with the importance of the monarchy to the commonwealth (and in some cases, the disdain). It starts painting the picture that the Monarchy is in fact quite a global presence.

So, my point being that I do not see how someone being an English republican turns into a case of being anti-British, as when we embrace the monarchy we're embracing a beacon of multiculturalism both in terms of biology and society.

So in short, I refute the argument that someone lobbying for an elected head of state is 'anti-British' as the monarchy goes much much deeper than that.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 9:28]

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 10:03 - May 7 with 1295 viewsDarth_Koont

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 08:24 - May 7 by Herbivore

Indeed.

Poverty, inequality and a lack of empathy is baked into our mainstream politics. The British public may or may not be better than this but it’s certainly clear the country as a whole needs better.

Pronouns: He/Him

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 10:10 - May 7 with 1275 viewsleitrimblue

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 09:03 - May 7 by brogansnose

Dodgy groupings? Like the royal family?
"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 10:13 - May 7 with 1267 viewsBlueNomad

The problem with abolishing the monarchy and becoming a republic is that we will end up with some real shysters as head of state, particularly if we adopt the French / US model.

Boris Johnson was popular with the masses for a number of ridiculous reasons, such as “he’s a laugh” (I actually heard that from more than one person). Imagine a President Johnson! I used to be a republican but that view has evaporated over the past few years.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 10:22]
"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 10:21 - May 7 with 1234 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 19:04 - May 6 by GlasgowBlue

It does seem to be upsetting all of the right people.

You mean the poor, disenfranchised and downtrodden?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

"The king wore a crown of solid gold " on 10:28 - May 7 with 1177 viewsSchmoke

Down voted in error with my fat fingers!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024