Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Season - how will we fair? 08:01 - May 1 with 3095 viewsrevdrb

Like everyone, so proud of this team and the Manager. Just really interested to know how we think this team will do next year in the Championship.
I suspect the ownership group will be serious in their intent.
How far are we currently from being a top 6 Championship side?
Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:09 - May 1 with 2226 viewsBluebell

* Fare.

Sorry
Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:15 - May 1 with 2205 viewsrevdrb

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:09 - May 1 by Bluebell

* Fare.

Sorry

Doh😞
Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:25 - May 1 with 2161 viewsNthQldITFC

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:09 - May 1 by Bluebell

* Fare.

Sorry

Fayre enough!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:28 - May 1 with 2139 viewsITFCson

I think we will be in the top 6 teams in the betting thus making us currently a top 6 championship side. Hopefully that can be realised in reality. Early Sky bet odds have us at 4:1 to get promoted and that seems a fair reflection of our true chances.
Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:28 - May 1 with 2130 viewsMaySixth

I don't know.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:31 - May 1 with 2113 viewsCheltenham_Blue

In or around the playoffs with this side. What we do over the summer with ins and outs will be key.

But make no mistake, GC20 are not messing about, they and ORG are only interested in the Premier League, and I suspect it will be again be a case of 'as soon as possible'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:34 - May 1 with 2098 viewsjasondozzell

I genuinely think we might surprise even ourselves and be one of the teams involved in the title race
McKenna brand of football is only going to be better rewarded with better pitches, more teams playing a technical style and trading blows and a more open game

They've built a squad for the championship. We'll have momentum. I don't think there will be huge turnover in players but they will bring in exciting additions where they choose to strengthen.

It's exciting! A top ten finish would be decent but McKenna will aim for the top.
Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:42 - May 1 with 2048 viewsScuzzer

Get rid of our dead wood and get two quality players in...we'll be in or near playoffs. Since New Year we've been playing championship level footy anyway.

Established 1968

Login to get fewer ads

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:46 - May 1 with 2030 viewshoppy

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:42 - May 1 by Scuzzer

Get rid of our dead wood and get two quality players in...we'll be in or near playoffs. Since New Year we've been playing championship level footy anyway.

Who would you say falls in the ‘dead wood’ pile?

Do you mean those like Pigott?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:48 - May 1 with 2026 viewsrevdrb

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:34 - May 1 by jasondozzell

I genuinely think we might surprise even ourselves and be one of the teams involved in the title race
McKenna brand of football is only going to be better rewarded with better pitches, more teams playing a technical style and trading blows and a more open game

They've built a squad for the championship. We'll have momentum. I don't think there will be huge turnover in players but they will bring in exciting additions where they choose to strengthen.

It's exciting! A top ten finish would be decent but McKenna will aim for the top.

McKenna impresses me so much in his tactical awareness and knowledge of the game. I honestly think he will be one of the strongest managers in the league and in his approach.
The recruitment, particularly the January window, was outstanding and if that continues the team will continue to grow.
It feels to me like all the ingredients are there to be successful. It's just hard to gauge how much of a step up it is. Although Coventry and Sunderland show that it's perhaps not too big a step up in levels. We also gained a lot playing against Burnley.
I'm feeling that we will be very competitive
Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:49 - May 1 with 2010 viewsjayessess

Unlike the last time we were in the Championship, we'll have a Top 10 budget. Reckon we've got one of the best managers in the division and after looking a bit scattergun in our recruitment in 2021-22, now looking increasingly competent at identifying talent.

I reckon Top 10.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:52 - May 1 with 1995 viewsHerbivore

100 points, 100 goals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:00 - May 1 with 1975 viewsCaptainAhab

Comfortably top 10, so should be challenging for playoffs. Be interesting to see the teams coming down, could be tough at the top next season. That said I'd fancy our chances now against pretty much anyone in the Championship!
Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:04 - May 1 with 1946 viewswkj

If we retain our loanees and McKenna - this squad would surely be looking to finish in the top half of the table. With some shrewd signings we could easily mount a serious promotion campaign as I reckon our team today would have beaten the McCarthy's playoffs squad more often than not if you simulated that fixture a hundred times or so.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:06 - May 1 with 1944 viewsrevdrb

Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:00 - May 1 by CaptainAhab

Comfortably top 10, so should be challenging for playoffs. Be interesting to see the teams coming down, could be tough at the top next season. That said I'd fancy our chances now against pretty much anyone in the Championship!

Hadn't thought about those coming down from PL. You'd imagine teams like Everton and Southampton, were they to drop, would be dominant in the Championship. Although, not always a given depending on where they are at
Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:09 - May 1 with 1921 viewsMetal_Hacker

Quite remarkably , with the teams guaranteed to be in the Championship as of now , Sky Bet have us at 13-8 to make Top 6 and 16/1 to be champions

Poll: If it were one or the other

Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:15 - May 1 with 1884 viewsDurovigutum

A central defender, a top quality midfielder, Hirst or a forward of the same quality.

There are a few places where a bad injury will hurt us (Burns for example).

We will be very well placed to have a high quality loan or two - Prem managers were happy to lend MM some starlets to develop and I suspect KMc might even have offers to take players without even asking.

There is too much money and probably quality from at least one side coming down to achieve the automatics in season one but I think we can challenge the top six as we are. I do think Everton will be at risk of falling through if they go down….
Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:22 - May 1 with 1815 viewsBlueySwede

I think it´s always almost impossible to say.
Look at the pundits who more often than not get predicitions of league tables wrong. Injuries comes into it, bad starts, things happening behind the scenes.
I think, as we are, we would definitely stay up. If this team continues to progress we will be looking upwards.
In the summer its a key to get the right players in, not only in regard to quality, but also in terms of players with the right mindset and attitude. No bad eggs, please!
I am confident, but promotion at the first attempt might be a big ask.
Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:23 - May 1 with 1797 viewsrevdrb

Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:15 - May 1 by Durovigutum

A central defender, a top quality midfielder, Hirst or a forward of the same quality.

There are a few places where a bad injury will hurt us (Burns for example).

We will be very well placed to have a high quality loan or two - Prem managers were happy to lend MM some starlets to develop and I suspect KMc might even have offers to take players without even asking.

There is too much money and probably quality from at least one side coming down to achieve the automatics in season one but I think we can challenge the top six as we are. I do think Everton will be at risk of falling through if they go down….

I agree with this. Part of my reflection on how we do is around players like Luongo, Burns and Broadhead. They have been very dominant and very impressive. Burns and Broadhead have performed well for Wales too. I'd just like to add a couple of really top end Championship players who would be dominant at the next level.
Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:26 - May 1 with 1779 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:52 - May 1 by Herbivore

100 points, 100 goals.

HMS..........?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:27 - May 1 with 1777 viewsbazza

Next Season - how will we fair? on 08:52 - May 1 by Herbivore

100 points, 100 goals.

Long as we can get 101 points, I think we’ll be safe next season at least.
Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:28 - May 1 with 1767 viewsSuperblue95

Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:06 - May 1 by revdrb

Hadn't thought about those coming down from PL. You'd imagine teams like Everton and Southampton, were they to drop, would be dominant in the Championship. Although, not always a given depending on where they are at

Southampton are surely down.

The best thing for us would be for Leicester and Forest to come down with them. Forest would be a total mess trying to get rid of all their signings and they probably wouldn’t have cooper anymore so doubt they’d be challenging. Leicester have an old squad and an owner who won’t put any money in, they’d lose their 4/5 top players so likely wouldn’t be that strong either.

Everton would go straight back up under Dyche and Leeds would probably be strong too.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:30 - May 1 with 1752 viewsbazza

Blue action need to Organise something for Every home game, scenes like that every home match please, and a top two finish, after a slow start. COYB !!!!!
Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:38 - May 1 with 1692 viewshoppy

Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:28 - May 1 by Superblue95

The best thing for us would be for Leicester and Forest to come down with them. Forest would be a total mess trying to get rid of all their signings and they probably wouldn’t have cooper anymore so doubt they’d be challenging. Leicester have an old squad and an owner who won’t put any money in, they’d lose their 4/5 top players so likely wouldn’t be that strong either.

Everton would go straight back up under Dyche and Leeds would probably be strong too.

Leicester staying up would improve our chances of signing Hirst, I would think.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:43 - May 1 with 1660 viewsjayessess

Next Season - how will we fair? on 09:28 - May 1 by Superblue95

With parachute payments I think any relegated team instantly goes in as one of the favourites to go back up. Not sure it makes much odds who comes down.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024