Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The on the pitch stuff 19:20 - Apr 29 with 3290 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Fans have been celebrating promotion forever by running on the pitch, just like Plymouth did as well. There was never going to be the hint of any trouble at Ipswich Exeter was there FFS. Walton was loving it BTW. Bolton 20+ years ago lives long in the memory. All those years of anguish. People actually clambering for their own fans to be banned, you are truly pathetic. For the record I am glad it was cleared so everyone could enjoy but Jesus Christ some of you need to get a life.
The on the pitch stuff on 19:38 - Apr 29 with 3147 viewsSouperJim

It played out exactly as I said it would, absolutely loved it.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The on the pitch stuff on 19:42 - Apr 29 with 3116 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The on the pitch stuff on 19:38 - Apr 29 by SouperJim

It played out exactly as I said it would, absolutely loved it.

It did, I just didn’t love some fans booing those enjoying the moment, could have probably had a few more on, then all clear back in the stands. Not like anyone was in any rush.
The on the pitch stuff on 20:26 - Apr 29 with 3021 viewsSouperJim

The on the pitch stuff on 19:42 - Apr 29 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It did, I just didn’t love some fans booing those enjoying the moment, could have probably had a few more on, then all clear back in the stands. Not like anyone was in any rush.

The booing was pretty unnecessary, however, I do understand that a lot of people will always do exactly what they are told and buy into the club's message to the point of being very critical of those who don't. Anyway well done to all those who had a quick celebration on the pitch before coming off again peacefully.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The on the pitch stuff on 20:33 - Apr 29 with 2975 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Tradition innit.

If you want to stay in the stands no worries but equally, especially after 20 years of slowly lowering the bar, why shouldn't you get on the pitch and let some emotion out.

No trouble was there, all good

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

The on the pitch stuff on 20:52 - Apr 29 with 2916 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The on the pitch stuff on 20:26 - Apr 29 by SouperJim

The booing was pretty unnecessary, however, I do understand that a lot of people will always do exactly what they are told and buy into the club's message to the point of being very critical of those who don't. Anyway well done to all those who had a quick celebration on the pitch before coming off again peacefully.

Was pathetic, we have some real wet wipes in the ranks. Look at the scenes with Morsy held aloft. Imagine booing that! They were always coming off.
[Redacted] on 21:18 - Apr 29 with 2765 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
The on the pitch stuff on 21:21 - Apr 29 with 2735 viewspointofblue

It was the club asking fans not to go on the pitch. If it wasn't for those announcements, I doubt those in the stands would have got so restless.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The on the pitch stuff on 21:50 - Apr 29 with 2584 viewsbrazil1982

I'm sure there were pitch invasions every last match in the late 80s?
Login to get fewer ads

The on the pitch stuff on 21:52 - Apr 29 with 2570 viewsStewart27

Mate.

It was a small pitch invasion. It was cool. Great to see.

Stop making a point about something that was never really an issue.
The on the pitch stuff on 21:56 - Apr 29 with 2539 viewsSwansea_Blue

The on the pitch stuff on 21:50 - Apr 29 by brazil1982

I'm sure there were pitch invasions every last match in the late 80s?

There were. What rotters we were, eh? Evil. Should have locked everyone of us up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The on the pitch stuff on 22:00 - Apr 29 with 2513 viewsbrazil1982

The on the pitch stuff on 21:56 - Apr 29 by Swansea_Blue

There were. What rotters we were, eh? Evil. Should have locked everyone of us up.

Don't forget some of our songs back then had swear words in too. Dark days.
The on the pitch stuff on 22:03 - Apr 29 with 2500 viewsDJR

The on the pitch stuff on 20:26 - Apr 29 by SouperJim

I think the booing only started when the relatively minor pitch invasion started to fizzle out but some on the pitch still wanted to milk it for all it was worth and so further delay the players' celebrations.

I had the 17.44 to catch and would have preferred to see more of those celebrations but such is life.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 22:04]
The on the pitch stuff on 22:31 - Apr 29 with 2424 viewsLankHenners

Swear some people on here care more about pitch invasion discourse than the actual football ffs (not aimed at OP).

It looked a bit tinpot and the pro-pitch invasion lot appeared to be firmly in the minority going by the general reaction in the stadium but they looked like they had a great time (though do agree it's a bit weird to run around filming yourself - if you're going to get involved, get involved!) and cleared off fairly quickly so all's well that ends well.

The only shame about the post-game stuff for me was that they spent so long trying to round everyone up for the awards and then interviewing/chatting to people that the stadium was almost empty by the time they eventually got to it! Don't mind the players milking it obviously but there was a fair bit where everyone seemed to be standing around waiting for something to happen which could've been sped up.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The on the pitch stuff on 00:43 - Apr 30 with 2159 viewsnoubledooble

[Redacted] on 21:18 - Apr 29 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Not true . On the pitch and off within minutes and players out within minutes. Also the police and stewards allowed it to happen.
The on the pitch stuff on 01:35 - Apr 30 with 2075 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Personally.. didn’t go on the pitch but thought the booing was stupid, the suggestion of bans ridiculous and the d**khead stewards trying to manhandle young lads (14 or 15 I’d suggest they were aged) even more infuriating.

Why can’t we be like every other club? Not a peep tonight about Plymouth but yet all week in here we’ve been reading how if we do it they will be banning us, fining us and even bloody points deductions were mentioned. Madness.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

The on the pitch stuff on 01:53 - Apr 30 with 2049 viewsTendring_Blue

Spot on.
The on the pitch stuff on 04:17 - Apr 30 with 1980 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The on the pitch stuff on 01:35 - Apr 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Personally.. didn’t go on the pitch but thought the booing was stupid, the suggestion of bans ridiculous and the d**khead stewards trying to manhandle young lads (14 or 15 I’d suggest they were aged) even more infuriating.

Why can’t we be like every other club? Not a peep tonight about Plymouth but yet all week in here we’ve been reading how if we do it they will be banning us, fining us and even bloody points deductions were mentioned. Madness.

I know, not sure why the club made such a big deal about it tbh, seemed to cause more tension than was needed. I guess the direction came from the EFL but just let people enjoy their moment and then the team can come back out. The players were clearly enjoying partying with the fans, as was evident by the videos on the pitch and around the town later. Plymouth were all over the pitch (in bigger numbers) and then left again and guess what the players came back out. The booing your own fans celebrating though, laughable.
The on the pitch stuff on 05:25 - Apr 30 with 1926 viewsBuffaloBill

Agree so much. 92 was amazing everyone culminating in front of the Pioneer, no agro then, no agro yesterday. Just this pathetic trend of nannying everyone.

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

The on the pitch stuff on 08:09 - Apr 30 with 1694 viewsyesjohn99

The on the pitch stuff on 04:17 - Apr 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I know, not sure why the club made such a big deal about it tbh, seemed to cause more tension than was needed. I guess the direction came from the EFL but just let people enjoy their moment and then the team can come back out. The players were clearly enjoying partying with the fans, as was evident by the videos on the pitch and around the town later. Plymouth were all over the pitch (in bigger numbers) and then left again and guess what the players came back out. The booing your own fans celebrating though, laughable.

Anyone who booed is a grade A pleb. Did you see the joy on our captains face whilst being held aloft?

Fantastic moment.
The on the pitch stuff on 08:15 - Apr 30 with 1666 viewsEly_Blue

There were a lot of older fans who really should have known better, I get it when it’s kids that have never seen anything to celebrate before but 50+ year old men embarrassing themselves is stupid

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

The on the pitch stuff on 08:58 - Apr 30 with 1580 viewsDJR

The on the pitch stuff on 04:17 - Apr 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

If the club hadn't made such a big deal, I think thousands would have gone on to the pitch, which would have delayed the players' on-pitch celebrations for even longer, which would have been a shame for someone like me who had a train to catch.

Indeed, I think it's a measure of the respect our fans now have the club that so many heeded their advice.

As it is, those determined to get on the pitch did so, and the celebrations went ahead without too much delay, so I think everyone was happy, even though I would have preferred it if no one went on the pitch.

Let's not forget that it's the football that matters, and yesterday and Barnsley are two of the greatest games I have seen in over 50 years of watching Ipswich, both in terms of result and atmosphere.

As regards bans, I just can't see the club doing it, even if there is video evidence, because it would damage the great goodwill there is, and cause a furore for some.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 8:59]
The on the pitch stuff on 09:09 - Apr 30 with 1550 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The on the pitch stuff on 08:58 - Apr 30 by DJR

If the club hadn't made such a big deal, I think thousands would have gone on to the pitch, which would have delayed the players' on-pitch celebrations for even longer, which would have been a shame for someone like me who had a train to catch.

Indeed, I think it's a measure of the respect our fans now have the club that so many heeded their advice.

As it is, those determined to get on the pitch did so, and the celebrations went ahead without too much delay, so I think everyone was happy, even though I would have preferred it if no one went on the pitch.

Let's not forget that it's the football that matters, and yesterday and Barnsley are two of the greatest games I have seen in over 50 years of watching Ipswich, both in terms of result and atmosphere.

As regards bans, I just can't see the club doing it, even if there is video evidence, because it would damage the great goodwill there is, and cause a furore for some.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 8:59]

Yeah, same for me.

I had to get away, three and a half our journey with a young kid. The announcements by the club kept me off the pitch and as it was, if wasn't going on the pitch I would have rather the celebrations started straight away.

As it happened the celebrations were shockingly organised anyway, Morsy going one way with his kid and Woolfie walking to the centre circle with his.

I can't see the club giving bans either, but the plod were clearly evidence gathering at one point, another thing that kept me off. Important to remember that it is rarely clubs that ban supporters, it's almost always the football authorities ands the courts. Which has immediately made me think about the Exeter fan that got manhandled out of the ground after one of the goals.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The on the pitch stuff on 09:11 - Apr 30 with 1538 viewsFrimleyBlue

The on the pitch stuff on 09:09 - Apr 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yeah, same for me.

I had to get away, three and a half our journey with a young kid. The announcements by the club kept me off the pitch and as it was, if wasn't going on the pitch I would have rather the celebrations started straight away.

As it happened the celebrations were shockingly organised anyway, Morsy going one way with his kid and Woolfie walking to the centre circle with his.

I can't see the club giving bans either, but the plod were clearly evidence gathering at one point, another thing that kept me off. Important to remember that it is rarely clubs that ban supporters, it's almost always the football authorities ands the courts. Which has immediately made me think about the Exeter fan that got manhandled out of the ground after one of the goals.

I absolutely loved the fact that it was so unorganised, like talking about was banned and just focusing on the task at end.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024