Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that was a very polite 17:03 - Apr 29 with 5168 viewsGlasgowBlue

And sleepy Suffolk pitch invasion

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well that was a very polite on 17:41 - Apr 29 with 3575 viewsJ2BLUE

Nothing to do with sleepy Suffolk. Most people were just doing as they had been asked. A few got on and had their moment, no harm done.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well that was a very polite on 17:49 - Apr 29 with 3512 viewsSwansea_Blue

Of course, would you expect anything else?

Well said Westie by Swansea_Blue 29 Apr 2023 17:02
It was all very Suffolk. A bit of emotion, other people feeling awkward about that and making the emotional ones feel embarrassed. Never change Suffolk, it’s unique [bounce]

On one level it’s a shame. I’m sure there could have been a larger one so it didn’t look so tin pot, and they’d still have cleared the pitch. But if those are the only people willing to let go, then maybe it’s better to knock the whole thing on the head and not have one at all. All I can say is I’m glad I’ve experienced proper ones when so many people didn’t have a stick up their arse and their first thought wasn’t to get fellow fans into trouble.

Uppa Towen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well that was a very polite on 17:56 - Apr 29 with 3459 viewsLord_Lucan

I thought it was spot on.

A load got on the pitch and why not, this is just about still a passionate game - and then everyone got off and let the lap of honour take place.

Couldn’t have scripted it better - IMHO

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Well that was a very polite on 18:03 - Apr 29 with 3398 viewsMullet

Thought the boos were a bit odd and the few stewards manhandling people out of order.

Filming yourself though, not a fan of that. Go shake some hands and dance your way back to your seat would be my option.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Well that was a very polite on 18:11 - Apr 29 with 3303 viewsLord_Lucan

Well that was a very polite on 18:03 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Thought the boos were a bit odd and the few stewards manhandling people out of order.

Filming yourself though, not a fan of that. Go shake some hands and dance your way back to your seat would be my option.

Abiding memory for me was Amsterdam in the final and we lifted Mariner up - gotta say he wasn’t impressed, he wanted to celebrate with his players. I sort of get that but I suppose that’s the difference between being a professional footballer and a professional footballer born or raised in the town of which you play for - and although I’m sure the whole team love the club it’s evident that a couple are more - a bit more

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Well that was a very polite on 18:29 - Apr 29 with 3179 viewsSwansea_Blue

The boos were in keeping with the response on here to the suggestion there may have been one. Maybe I’m a dinosaur and it’s time to move on, but it’s sad to (a) see others clipping our wings when we’ve a reason to celebrate, and (b) people abusing or wanting fans banned for getting carried away in the moment and going onto the pitch. It was always going to happen. It did. No Exeter players were harmed in the making of the celebration. It was cleared quickly, players came back out as expected and people had a good time. What a silly drama that all was.

Well that was a very polite on 18:30 - Apr 29 with 3167 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well that was a very polite on 17:56 - Apr 29 by Lord_Lucan

A load got on the pitch and why not, this is just about still a passionate game - and then everyone got off and let the lap of honour take place.

Quite.

Well that was a very polite on 18:37 - Apr 29 with 3098 viewsJ2BLUE

Well that was a very polite on 18:29 - Apr 29 by Swansea_Blue

The boos were in keeping with the response on here to the suggestion there may have been one. Maybe I’m a dinosaur and it’s time to move on, but it’s sad to (a) see others clipping our wings when we’ve a reason to celebrate, and (b) people abusing or wanting fans banned for getting carried away in the moment and going onto the pitch. It was always going to happen. It did. No Exeter players were harmed in the making of the celebration. It was cleared quickly, players came back out as expected and people had a good time. What a silly drama that all was.

I think the attitude was mainly because it was the last home game and people were imagining a pitch invasion which cancelled the post match celebrations. If people knew it would be like that I think the attitude would be far more relaxed.

All it was really was Town fans worried they would get a chance to celebrate with the team/management. I think you're being unfair.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Well that was a very polite on 18:42 - Apr 29 with 3066 viewsMeadowlark

Well that was a very polite on 18:29 - Apr 29 by Swansea_Blue

But it wasn't fans getting carried away in the moment. That's perhaps what it used to be, but now it's a pre-planned orchestrated celebration ritual, and that's what makes it such a dimwit thing.
(Like: "what's the away pub?")
Well that was a very polite on 19:14 - Apr 29 with 2912 viewsHighgateBlue

It's fair enough to have differing views as to what should and shouldn't be permitted. But stewards who are there to do a job are not out of order for merely trying to prevent what is, like it or not, a criminal offence.
Well that was a very polite on 19:25 - Apr 29 with 2812 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’d agree if it was for some our own fans booing and chanting “off”, I bet they used to grass kids up at school as well.m!
Well that was a very polite on 19:28 - Apr 29 with 2766 viewsbluelagos

100% this.

And any Twtdrs pre match or now calling for bans can gtf

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Well that was a very polite on 19:30 - Apr 29 with 2735 viewsBuhrer

The boos were probably because a few 100 fans think that 1000s need to watch them vlogging across the pitch rather than the players celebrate at the whistle. Not a communal celebration.
Well that was a very polite on 19:34 - Apr 29 with 2693 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Well that was a very polite on 19:30 - Apr 29 by Buhrer

The boos were probably because a few 100 fans think that 1000s need to watch them vlogging across the pitch rather than the players celebrate at the whistle. Not a communal celebration.

This

I want to celebrate with fellow fans AND the team

not celebrate eejits vlogging their way over the turf and delaying the ACTUAL celebrations

it's about the celebrating the TEAM/STAFF, not celebrating the fans
Well that was a very polite on 19:38 - Apr 29 with 2665 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Well that was a very polite on 19:30 - Apr 29 by Buhrer

It was very odd and I literally can’t imagine many/any other fanbases booing their own fans for celebration promotion. They were always going to go back in the stands.
Well that was a very polite on 19:40 - Apr 29 with 2649 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Well that was a very polite on 19:38 - Apr 29 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It was very odd and I literally can’t imagine many/any other fanbases booing their own fans for celebration promotion. They were always going to go back in the stands.

shouldn't have been on the pitch though
end of

pitch for players/staff
stands for fans
Well that was a very polite on 19:44 - Apr 29 with 2618 viewsStewart27

Yep. It was cracking. Lovely to see.

Few got on the pitch - which happens once in about 23 years. Good on em.

It lasted 10 minutes and then the team came out.

Perfect.
Well that was a very polite on 19:47 - Apr 29 with 2606 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Well that was a very polite on 19:40 - Apr 29 by Bury_St_Edmundson

end of

pitch for players/staff
stands for fans

Oh whatever, it’s our first promotion in over two decades, every club does it, was hardly going to be Forest V Blades and Exeter players getting attacked was it. Plymouth were on the pitch. They could have just managed it and everyone was going back in the stands anyway for the lap of honor. Literally happens a few times a season in college football here and it’s just a great scene for an iconic moment in the clubs/schools history. Hardly going to be a weekly event, it’s literally generational.

Some of our fans man.
Well that was a very polite on 19:52 - Apr 29 with 2561 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Well that was a very polite on 19:47 - Apr 29 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Oh whatever, it’s our first promotion in over two decades, every club does it, was hardly going to be Forest V Blades and Exeter players getting attacked was it. Plymouth were on the pitch. They could have just managed it and everyone was going back in the stands anyway for the lap of honor. Literally happens a few times a season in college football here and it’s just a great scene for an iconic moment in the clubs/schools history. Hardly going to be a weekly event, it’s literally generational.

Some of our fans man.

our first promotion in over 2 decades
still not an excuse

"a great scene for an iconic moment in the clubs/schools history"

not really... seeing the fans vlogging aint gonna make any history books mate
Well that was a very polite on 19:57 - Apr 29 with 2525 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Well that was a very polite on 19:52 - Apr 29 by Bury_St_Edmundson

our first promotion in over 2 decades
still not an excuse

"a great scene for an iconic moment in the clubs/schools history"

not really... seeing the fans vlogging aint gonna make any history books mate

Not just vlogging or selfies is it. I was there in the centre circle after Bolton with my high school mates and it’s moment I’ll never forget, not a phone in sight obviously.

They were always coming off for the players to come back out, just agree to disagree I guess. Booing them was a joke though and don’t get me started on those asking for bans!

Anyway, promotion it is. Thank god.
Well that was a very polite on 19:59 - Apr 29 with 2488 viewsBuhrer

Well that was a very polite on 19:47 - Apr 29 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Some of our fans man.

I think that thousands of your fellow fans didn't value how you chose to make their "generational event" finish. Maybe they're wrong. Maybe you are. From the top tier it looked chaotic and selfish imo. Glad you had fun though, cos that's all that counts.
Well that was a very polite on 20:02 - Apr 29 with 2467 viewsGeoffSentence

Well that was a very polite on 19:14 - Apr 29 by HighgateBlue

It's fair enough to have differing views as to what should and shouldn't be permitted. But stewards who are there to do a job are not out of order for merely trying to prevent what is, like it or not, a criminal offence.

I enjoyed the steward strangling a fan with his own scarf.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Well that was a very polite on 20:02 - Apr 29 with 2464 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Well that was a very polite on 19:59 - Apr 29 by Buhrer

I think that thousands of your fellow fans didn't value how you chose to make their "generational event" finish. Maybe they're wrong. Maybe you are. From the top tier it looked chaotic and selfish imo. Glad you had fun though, cos that's all that counts.

1) I am literally 5,000 miles away. I would not be on a forum now if I was in the GMT time zone!
2) They were always coming off to let everyone celebrate.
3) As I stated earlier I’m glad the pitch cleared so everyone could enjoy the moment.
Well that was a very polite on 08:42 - Apr 30 with 2186 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Well that was a very polite on 18:37 - Apr 29 by J2BLUE

I think the attitude was mainly because it was the last home game and people were imagining a pitch invasion which cancelled the post match celebrations. If people knew it would be like that I think the attitude would be far more relaxed.

All it was really was Town fans worried they would get a chance to celebrate with the team/management. I think you're being unfair.

Thing is, several of us said a number of times that a pitch invasion doesn't mean the awards won't happen.

Some young people had some fun and nobody got hurt. Well apart from a few crybabies on TWTD still moaning about it (not meaning you, obvs, J2)

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Well that was a very polite on 08:48 - Apr 30 with 2156 viewsSimonds92

Well that was a very polite on 19:40 - Apr 29 by Bury_St_Edmundson

end of

pitch for players/staff
stands for fans

Melt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024