Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna And Carrick at Man U 09:18 - Apr 26 with 1147 viewsroysboys

Given how well McKenna and Carrick are now doing at Ipswich and Middlesborough, it made me wonder why Man U didn't do better when they were assisting Ollie. There was talking if the players there thinking KMcK was too structured. I wonder if it was a case of overpaid, self important superstars not buying into the methods? Just thoughts really.

Blog: Pig Tales - An Old Story Brought Bang Up to Date

McKenna And Carrick at Man U on 09:23 - Apr 26 with 1067 viewsSaleAway

I think the key this season for us, has been the whole squad buying into the fact that the success of the club is the only goal, and that they all have a part to play in that. Its felt with Utd for a while that a lot of the players felt they were bigger than the club... Ten Haag is changing that, which is the first step towards getting them to where they need to be.

I can't imagine a Ronaldo or a Pogba being told to do something that they didn't like and doing it.... whereas, for example, Ladapo probably didn't like his role when first given it, but worked at it, and has ended up having a successful season.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

McKenna And Carrick at Man U on 09:34 - Apr 26 with 983 viewsGuthrum

ManU supporting friend of mine has long said that the problem there is the players, not the Manager/coaches (tho he did think Mourinho was stylistically a poor fit at the club). Both attitude and age/skill/form (really wasn't fond of Pogba). He strongly feels the clear-out needs to continue before there is any real, lasting up-turn.

Tho I believe there is also a strong element of the most modern, top-level methods and tactics operating in the lower divisions (backed, at least in our case, by an extremely strong club organisation willing to support the Manager with staff and funds), outmatching more traditional setups run by those who learnt the ropes down here.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

McKenna And Carrick at Man U on 09:39 - Apr 26 with 937 viewsmrfixit426

To be fair, they broke the Utd record for staying undefeated away from home - 29 games I believe. United's defensive record was also excellent, and then dropped off a cliff when Keiran left. How much of that was due to the ineptitude of Ralf Rangnick is up for debate.

Edit: I just looked it up and it's an English league record, not a United one. Even more impressive.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 9:47]
McKenna And Carrick at Man U on 09:41 - Apr 26 with 917 viewsZx1988

McKenna And Carrick at Man U on 09:34 - Apr 26 by Guthrum

ManU supporting friend of mine has long said that the problem there is the players, not the Manager/coaches (tho he did think Mourinho was stylistically a poor fit at the club). Both attitude and age/skill/form (really wasn't fond of Pogba). He strongly feels the clear-out needs to continue before there is any real, lasting up-turn.

Tho I believe there is also a strong element of the most modern, top-level methods and tactics operating in the lower divisions (backed, at least in our case, by an extremely strong club organisation willing to support the Manager with staff and funds), outmatching more traditional setups run by those who learnt the ropes down here.

It's the egos, isn't it.

It would be all too easy for a Pogba/Ronaldo/Fernandes etc., to listen to McKenna trying to coach them, think "what the hell have you ever done in the game, why should I listen to you?" and immediately decide that a few winners medals make them the better judge of how to play football.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

McKenna And Carrick at Man U on 09:46 - Apr 26 with 874 viewsJ2BLUE

Why believe everything you read?

There was also talk of Ronaldo missing the training sessions once Ralf Rangnick arrived.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McKenna And Carrick at Man U on 09:47 - Apr 26 with 851 viewsclive_baker

They finished 2nd in the Premier League to be fair, to a very good City side.

It's not like they've kicked on since any of them left.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

McKenna And Carrick at Man U on 10:08 - Apr 26 with 690 viewsGuthrum

McKenna And Carrick at Man U on 09:41 - Apr 26 by Zx1988

It's the egos, isn't it.

It would be all too easy for a Pogba/Ronaldo/Fernandes etc., to listen to McKenna trying to coach them, think "what the hell have you ever done in the game, why should I listen to you?" and immediately decide that a few winners medals make them the better judge of how to play football.

Possibly also them thinking they are at the peak of their game, rather than "How can I improve still further?". Tho many of them will have worked under coaches without strings of playing honours before.

Don't think Ronaldo would have been one of the guilty parties in that respect, he's too perfectionist. I feel it was probably attitudes around the club which got to him, too (Shane Supple-style) - along with an inevitable decline in his powers as he moves into his late 30s.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

McKenna And Carrick at Man U on 10:21 - Apr 26 with 603 viewstractordownsouth

McKenna And Carrick at Man U on 09:47 - Apr 26 by clive_baker

They finished 2nd in the Premier League to be fair, to a very good City side.

It's not like they've kicked on since any of them left.

The Premier League that year was bad though. City won the league on 86 points and even then United didn’t really come close. Not that they should have done with the squad they had (regardless of the money spent on it) but it was a very poor second.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024