Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never seen this town shirt before in my life… 22:52 - Apr 21 with 3406 viewshoppy

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/79650979/photo/31st-july-1982-sunshine-internat

Anyone know anything more about it? Was it just used for a one-off match?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 23:03 - Apr 21 with 3256 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The white collar and lighter shade of blue? Looks like 78-81 shirt but with the sponsor and stripes from the 81-84 home shirt. https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/i/ipswich-town/old-ipswich-town-footb

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 23:05 - Apr 21 with 3239 viewsMelford

I saw that on FB earlier, us playing Santos of Brazil in 1982.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 23:11 - Apr 21 with 3171 viewsITFC_Forever

It was used just for that match / tour in the summer of 1981.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 23:22 - Apr 21 with 3123 viewsBLUEBEAT

Don’t click the link.

Hoppy is just trying to get you to look at Alan Brazil’s cock.

Poll: W or W

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 23:24 - Apr 21 with 3108 viewsStokieBlue

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 23:05 - Apr 21 by Melford

In that case Brazil looks like the oldest 23 year old I've ever seen.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 00:12 - Apr 22 with 2901 viewsIllinoisblue

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 23:22 - Apr 21 by BLUEBEAT

Don’t click the link.

Hoppy is just trying to get you to look at Alan Brazil’s cock.

Let’s not focus on that. Instead ask why he’s not wearing shin pads.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 00:15 - Apr 22 with 2895 viewsMattinLondon

Think that photo has been on here before. Seem to remember that a poster mentioned that it was a prototype shirt. Adidas and the club were testing it out - if that’s the case, I don’t know why. Didn’t think shorts were massed produced back then.
Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 00:43 - Apr 22 with 2814 viewsMisterBlue

That was the standard styling of the "Paz" template. Not sure why, but both our home & away were changed to matching collar & cuffs. Aberdeen also had the same template which had red c/c, while Forest had the white c/c version.

http://www.truecoloursfootballkits.com/2019/03/10/ipswich-town-home-kit-1981-84/

https://www.footballshirtculture.com/kit-design/an-in-depth-look-ipswich-town-19

As someone else has pointed out it was only used on the US Tour in 1982. Here is a link that I originally found the shirt on some time ago.

http://mytampabayrowdies.blogspot.com/search?q=ipswich

** WARNING - the colour combination is vomit inducing **
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 0:54]
Login to get fewer ads

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 06:16 - Apr 22 with 2315 viewsGlasgowBlue

This must be the away version.

I’ve seen these before but thought it was a knock off shirt maker getting it wrong. I now need these shirts. The blue version looks amazing.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 07:13 - Apr 22 with 2137 viewshoppy

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 00:43 - Apr 22 by MisterBlue

That was the standard styling of the "Paz" template. Not sure why, but both our home & away were changed to matching collar & cuffs. Aberdeen also had the same template which had red c/c, while Forest had the white c/c version.

http://www.truecoloursfootballkits.com/2019/03/10/ipswich-town-home-kit-1981-84/

https://www.footballshirtculture.com/kit-design/an-in-depth-look-ipswich-town-19

As someone else has pointed out it was only used on the US Tour in 1982. Here is a link that I originally found the shirt on some time ago.

http://mytampabayrowdies.blogspot.com/search?q=ipswich

** WARNING - the colour combination is vomit inducing **
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 0:54]

I notice the mascot had the blue collar and cuff shirt…

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 08:28 - Apr 22 with 1848 viewsMisterBlue

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 06:16 - Apr 22 by GlasgowBlue

This must be the away version.

I’ve seen these before but thought it was a knock off shirt maker getting it wrong. I now need these shirts. The blue version looks amazing.

I have seen that picture before, but i can find no evidence that we wore a white version.

The adidas and pioneer logos do not look correct to me, for a shirt of that period.

Before the club started using COPA for the retro shirts, they had one made using this style, think it was made by SCORE DRAW.
Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 08:41 - Apr 22 with 1777 viewsMisterBlue

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 07:13 - Apr 22 by hoppy

Its all a bit odd really, as we had just finished a season wearing the pinstripes, so it not like it was brand new.

My thoughts on it are that they got to America without a kit, and then had to get some made up while out there.
Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 08:46 - Apr 22 with 1744 viewsnoggin

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 23:05 - Apr 21 by Melford

Sao Paulo I think.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 09:05 - Apr 22 with 1666 viewsnoggin

I wonder where that flag is now.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 09:15 - Apr 22 with 1587 viewsCoastalblue

Brazil looks like he was late leaving the pub and is hurrying to catch up while Butch looks back wondering if he's going to have to go get him.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 09:32 - Apr 22 with 1499 viewshoppy

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 09:15 - Apr 22 by Coastalblue

Brazil looks like he was late leaving the pub and is hurrying to catch up while Butch looks back wondering if he's going to have to go get him.

True story… probably.

Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 09:53 - Apr 22 with 1415 viewsmrshallisfit

The flag holder on the left looks like a slightly better version of Michelle from Eastenders.
Never seen this town shirt before in my life… on 09:58 - Apr 22 with 1391 viewsMy_Left_Foot

Sao Paolo FC
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024