Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owls Talk 12:15 - Apr 10 with 2525 viewsmonkeymagic

I’ve been spending an unhealthy amount of time browsing Owls talk recently and have come across lots of funny comments:thought I’d share my favourite from today, posted on a thread asking for current feeling amongst fans :
“Basically we've been on a big night out, started with a few steady drinks (Aug/Sept), then started smashing down the cocktails (Oct/Nov) and felt like we owned the dance floor (Dec/Jan/Feb). Then we realised we'd had too much to drink when we started staggering around a bit (March) and now we've got to try and get home without falling in a ditch (April) but even when we eventually get home we've got a monster hangover to deal with (play offs) and we'll likely end up throwing up all over the house and having to clean it all up, wondering whether it was all worth it (June) only to go out and buy some new clobber (July/August) and do it all over again.”
Owls Talk on 12:19 - Apr 10 with 2421 viewsJ2BLUE

I hope that is accurate

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Owls Talk on 12:23 - Apr 10 with 2370 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sounds good.

Is the mood generally very anti-Darren Moore or are there a good number of realists who realise it isn't as straightforward to get out of the league as they will have hoped?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Owls Talk on 12:26 - Apr 10 with 2315 viewsbournemouthblue

If that's Wednesday what's us an Plymouth and Barnsley for that matter?

Plymouth have been on a heavy one all season with seemingly no let up

We started brightly, went to the bogs and threw up but now we've picked up a second wind, let's just hope the kebab on the way home agrees with us

Young Barnsley started slowly, no one expected them to last the night but they've consumed double figures in Jagerbombs now and still standing, perhaps the red bull is powering them through but will their heart give out from the caffeine overload?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Owls Talk on 12:31 - Apr 10 with 2258 viewsclive_baker

Their form is clearly dreadful, no wins in 6 and they are a better side than that. They’re choking at the worst possible time, but I can’t help but feel they’re just not that good. Even when they were on their hot streak they weren’t especially impressive. They might well get a win today and they do carry a bit of a fear factor at Hillsborough what with them being a big club for this level, but when you look at their squad I don’t really see a lot to worry about, even more so with a few notable absentees.

Their fans are making out like it’s the equivalent of Man City falling off a cliff. Aren’t they just a top 4 league 1 side who will ultimately finish about where they deserve to? Or am I missing something?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Owls Talk on 12:31 - Apr 10 with 2262 viewsNthQldITFC

Amongst a lot of delusional self-entitlement, conspiracy theories and monumental flounces on that site, there's actually quite a lot of really good self-effacing humour at times. Same everywhere I guess, but does seem a little magnified there, perhaps by the massiveness of the club!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Owls Talk on 12:33 - Apr 10 with 2194 viewsJ2BLUE

Owls Talk on 12:31 - Apr 10 by NthQldITFC

Amongst a lot of delusional self-entitlement, conspiracy theories and monumental flounces on that site, there's actually quite a lot of really good self-effacing humour at times. Same everywhere I guess, but does seem a little magnified there, perhaps by the massiveness of the club!

The gif thread was glorious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Owls Talk on 12:34 - Apr 10 with 2181 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Owls Talk on 12:26 - Apr 10 by bournemouthblue

If that's Wednesday what's us an Plymouth and Barnsley for that matter?

Plymouth have been on a heavy one all season with seemingly no let up

We started brightly, went to the bogs and threw up but now we've picked up a second wind, let's just hope the kebab on the way home agrees with us

Young Barnsley started slowly, no one expected them to last the night but they've consumed double figures in Jagerbombs now and still standing, perhaps the red bull is powering them through but will their heart give out from the caffeine overload?

Plymouth went on a binge last season, had such a bad hangover at the end of last season but have now become hardened to it and started again this season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Owls Talk on 12:36 - Apr 10 with 2160 viewsFixed_It

Owls Talk on 12:31 - Apr 10 by clive_baker

Their form is clearly dreadful, no wins in 6 and they are a better side than that. They’re choking at the worst possible time, but I can’t help but feel they’re just not that good. Even when they were on their hot streak they weren’t especially impressive. They might well get a win today and they do carry a bit of a fear factor at Hillsborough what with them being a big club for this level, but when you look at their squad I don’t really see a lot to worry about, even more so with a few notable absentees.

Their fans are making out like it’s the equivalent of Man City falling off a cliff. Aren’t they just a top 4 league 1 side who will ultimately finish about where they deserve to? Or am I missing something?

They remind me a lot of us under Lambert. We got some good results, especially early in the season, but none of us were that surprised when our form faltered as the performances hadn't been that convincing. Wednesday have won a lot of games narrowly based on a solid defence. Once that defence becomes less invincible, the results suffer.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Owls Talk on 12:39 - Apr 10 with 2095 viewsFixed_It

Owls Talk on 12:34 - Apr 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Plymouth went on a binge last season, had such a bad hangover at the end of last season but have now become hardened to it and started again this season.

They learnt that if you drink copious amounts of water the hangover is less severe. But ultimately, by the end of the night, you have to keep going for a piss whilst everyone else carries on partying...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Owls Talk on 12:41 - Apr 10 with 2071 viewsportmanking

I have to agree. The 3 or 4 times I've seen them this season they've been solid and workmanlike but by no means spectacular. That will only get them so far, especially as their older players fatigue and battle niggles in the run-in.
Owls Talk on 12:44 - Apr 10 with 2017 viewsDubtractor

The comparison between them and Rotherham has been made a few times, and I think it's a fair one.

Workmanlike team, built for set pieces and fairly direct football (albeit not exactly a long ball team), organised at the back etc.

They have had a season of mostly being on the right side of small margins, but that hasn't happened for the last 6.

I suspect they would win the playoffs if that is where they end up.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Owls Talk on 12:51 - Apr 10 with 1899 viewsclive_baker

Owls Talk on 12:44 - Apr 10 by Dubtractor

The comparison between them and Rotherham has been made a few times, and I think it's a fair one.

Workmanlike team, built for set pieces and fairly direct football (albeit not exactly a long ball team), organised at the back etc.

They have had a season of mostly being on the right side of small margins, but that hasn't happened for the last 6.

They’ve got a few of the Rotherham side that went up in Vaulks and Smith, and I can see the comparison. Seasoned pros who should deliver a level of consistency, but a limited ceiling IMO. I don’t think they’re as good as that Rotherham team, and don’t have anyone in the ilk of Wiles or Barlaser IMO.

Smith, Vaulks, Windass, Palmer, Bannan. Decent, upper L1 players I would say but I genuinely can’t think of 1 of their players that would get in our starting XI right now.

Owls Talk on 12:54 - Apr 10 with 1850 viewsArnieM

Owls Talk on 12:51 - Apr 10 by clive_baker

They’ve got a few of the Rotherham side that went up in Vaulks and Smith, and I can see the comparison. Seasoned pros who should deliver a level of consistency, but a limited ceiling IMO. I don’t think they’re as good as that Rotherham team, and don’t have anyone in the ilk of Wiles or Barlaser IMO.

Smith, Vaulks, Windass, Palmer, Bannan. Decent, upper L1 players I would say but I genuinely can’t think of 1 of their players that would get in our starting XI right now.

I’ve not rated swfc all season, and god knows how they’ve been at the top for so long. They’re ( for me) a typical League One outfit. All brawn , and little quality. If they go up they will struggle, and yes they’ve had the rub o the green regarding decisions all season.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Owls Talk on 13:03 - Apr 10 with 1729 viewstractorboy1978

Owls Talk on 12:44 - Apr 10 by Dubtractor

Barnsley have got their number big time. I actually think it'll be interesting if Barnsley are out of it by the time we play them as they will not want us in the play offs, particularly on that big Wembley pitch. Not saying they'd consciously throw the game but they'd be more than happy to see us out of the picture I think.
Owls Talk on 13:12 - Apr 10 with 1622 viewsclive_baker

Owls Talk on 13:03 - Apr 10 by tractorboy1978

Barnsley have got their number big time. I actually think it'll be interesting if Barnsley are out of it by the time we play them as they will not want us in the play offs, particularly on that big Wembley pitch. Not saying they'd consciously throw the game but they'd be more than happy to see us out of the picture I think.

Barnsley have done the double over them this season haven't they? That would make for a very good final at Wembley.

I actually fancy Bolton, I think they've got some quality players in key areas. Trafford, Dempsey, Santos, Charles. The young lad on loan from Liverpool is decent too. Plus the experience of a 4-0 win at Wembley already which can't do them any harm, if they got that far.

Owls Talk on 13:12 - Apr 10 with 1624 viewsJimInGreensboro

Our rivals have had key injuries. We should thank our physios for largely keeping the lads on the pitch and on their game, especially given the pace at which we play. /touchwood
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 13:14]
Owls Talk on 13:15 - Apr 10 with 1586 viewsBlueBadger

Owls Talk on 13:12 - Apr 10 by JimInGreensboro

Our rivals have had key injuries. We should thank our physios for largely keeping the lads on the pitch and on their game, especially given the pace at which we play. /touchwood
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 13:14]

Our still-new found professionalism off the field has been our secret weapon this season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Owls Talk on 13:37 - Apr 10 with 1377 viewsFreddies_Ears

Your quite right. They're in about the right place now - in the top 4 but not blitzing it. Problem for them is, they were clear of 3rd, just needing to continue 2pts per game average to seal promotion. Then, they hit a bad run... if we had done the same, twtd would fertile ground for oppo fans wanting some bantz...
Owls Talk on 13:41 - Apr 10 with 1336 viewsfarkenhell

Owls Talk on 12:33 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

The gif thread was glorious.

That was a classic wasn't it. Got me thinking, would we react in a similar self-deprecating manner if our results should suddenly fall off a cliff? Initially thought no, thinking back to some of the OTT flouncing back in early February. However, I do recall some of the genuinely funny posts towards the end of Lambert's time (Lambingo etc), so I reckon there might be a bit of light relief against a background of impending doom.
Owls Talk on 14:32 - Apr 10 with 908 viewsIllinoisblue

I agree they don’t look great, but a couple of wins and they’ll be in a very good position. We’ve had to go on a stunning run just to get near them. They’ll hump Accy today, no doubt.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024