Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories 06:51 - Apr 7 with 7822 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not Labour.

Not in the same scale but shades of “Starmer protected Jimmy Savile”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 06:56 - Apr 7 with 3008 viewsHerbivore

Labour are basically Cameron's Tories now, Glassers. That's why you feel able to give them your vote.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 06:56 - Apr 7 with 3004 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

They really do want your vote.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:03 - Apr 7 with 2957 viewsHerbivore

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 06:56 - Apr 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

They really do want your vote.

Personally I think it's healthy that our major political parties are all offering right of centre politics. It's served us so well over the years.

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:12 - Apr 7 with 2929 viewshomer_123

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:03 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

Personally I think it's healthy that our major political parties are all offering right of centre politics. It's served us so well over the years.

With the small observation that the centre is no longer in the centre.

It's very much right of centre. So the 'current' right of centre is actually much further right than people realise.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

[Redacted] on 07:17 - Apr 7 with 2922 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:24 - Apr 7 with 2876 viewsbluelagos

Not remotely appropriate, I thought it was fake when I first saw it.

Maybe a "Labour would introduce tougher sentencing..." line would be appropriate, but this is so far from that, is nothing more than a personal attack and not one remotely based on anything Sunak has done or said.

I think it's just as bad as the lies told about Starmer and Saville. Just made up nonsense used to smear a politician and debases politics even more.

Ironically it does more harm to Labour's image than Sunak's in many eyes.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:35 - Apr 7 with 2835 viewsDubtractor

The advert is really scummy, and I'd hope for much better from Labour.

Am finding it quite amusing that the tories have spent a decade or more doing this type of advert with barely a peep from the BBC (or other media), yet Labour do one and it is suddenly headline news on the BBC with a shadow minister getting a grilling about it.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 7:39]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:36 - Apr 7 with 2828 viewsBuhrer

What advertising campaign could halt the decades of Tory voting? Will anything get through?
Login to get fewer ads

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:41 - Apr 7 with 2817 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:44 - Apr 7 with 2805 viewsbluelagos

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:36 - Apr 7 by Buhrer

What advertising campaign could halt the decades of Tory voting? Will anything get through?

Truthful ones.

At the last election the Tories lied through their teeth promising an "oven ready" Brexit deal. We were promised benefits of Brexit too.

That the tories are dishonest liars is beyond doubt for all but the most swivel eyed Brucktards.

Why Labour campaigners would wish to show a similar disregard for the truth and instead join the tories in the gutter is for them to answer. But it very much feeds the narrative of 'All politicians are liars" and is unlikely to motivate many to support them, rather push people into the "none of the above" camp.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:52 - Apr 7 with 2757 viewsHerbivore

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:35 - Apr 7 by Dubtractor

The advert is really scummy, and I'd hope for much better from Labour.

Am finding it quite amusing that the tories have spent a decade or more doing this type of advert with barely a peep from the BBC (or other media), yet Labour do one and it is suddenly headline news on the BBC with a shadow minister getting a grilling about it.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 7:39]

The second paragraph is a very fair point, the double standards in our politics and media are really quite staggering. That said, Labour should be much better than this and that they aren't is very depressing. Think that's basically sealed me not voting for them for the foreseeable.

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:57 - Apr 7 with 2739 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:41 - Apr 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not sure what point you are trying to make. Other than between 2015 and 2019, Labour has always been a party of patriotism.

Iron Lion Zion

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:59 - Apr 7 with 2725 viewsHerbivore

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:44 - Apr 7 by bluelagos

Truthful ones.

At the last election the Tories lied through their teeth promising an "oven ready" Brexit deal. We were promised benefits of Brexit too.

That the tories are dishonest liars is beyond doubt for all but the most swivel eyed Brucktards.

Why Labour campaigners would wish to show a similar disregard for the truth and instead join the tories in the gutter is for them to answer. But it very much feeds the narrative of 'All politicians are liars" and is unlikely to motivate many to support them, rather push people into the "none of the above" camp.

I suspect the 'B' word won't feature in either party's campaign materials. It's still too toxic and both parties still pander to the hardcore Brexiteers that simply won't hear the truth about how badly it's damaged the country.

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 08:07 - Apr 7 with 2709 viewsBuhrer

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:44 - Apr 7 by bluelagos

Truthful ones.

Doesn't GB know the truth about the Tories then? What will stop the national blight of people voting Tory? I just thought the OP was slightly hypocritical and dull. Mock alarm raised about "the sort of thing you'd expect from the tories"... who GB supportzzzzz It just looks like argumentative stirring, while voting Tory.
This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 08:09 - Apr 7 with 2698 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 08:07 - Apr 7 by Buhrer

Doesn't GB know the truth about the Tories then? What will stop the national blight of people voting Tory? I just thought the OP was slightly hypocritical and dull. Mock alarm raised about "the sort of thing you'd expect from the tories"... who GB supportzzzzz It just looks like argumentative stirring, while voting Tory.

Hmmmm. An old stalker returning under a new name.

Iron Lion Zion

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 08:12 - Apr 7 with 2682 viewsDubtractor

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 07:52 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

The second paragraph is a very fair point, the double standards in our politics and media are really quite staggering. That said, Labour should be much better than this and that they aren't is very depressing. Think that's basically sealed me not voting for them for the foreseeable.

I'm still onboard, just, but it does feel like voting for a 'least bad' option, rather than the best option.

I get that they are trying to appeal to those voters lost to the tories in 2019, but you wonder whether they realise that they do still need to appeal to the people that did vote for them in 2019.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 08:21 - Apr 7 with 2652 viewsHerbivore

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 08:12 - Apr 7 by Dubtractor

I'm still onboard, just, but it does feel like voting for a 'least bad' option, rather than the best option.

I get that they are trying to appeal to those voters lost to the tories in 2019, but you wonder whether they realise that they do still need to appeal to the people that did vote for them in 2019.

I think they've also somewhat misread what led to many of those voters lending their votes to the Tories. It was dislike for Corbyn and a hard on for Brexit. Both of those issues aren't live problems for Labour but they seem to have decided to pivot to be as close to the Tories as possible on most issues but without the dirt and baggage. They could offer something genuinely different and still win the next election given what a sh!tshow the Tories are, but they seem terrified to do so.

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 08:29 - Apr 7 with 2625 viewsBuhrer

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 08:09 - Apr 7 by GlasgowBlue

Hmmmm. An old stalker returning under a new name.

Openly a board legend and also here just a poster replying to your political thread, noting your recently stated voting record, Blue but not good ITFC Blue, and thinking wot hypocrisy.
[Redacted] on 08:54 - Apr 7 with 2501 viewsvictorywilhappen

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 08:07 - Apr 7 by Buhrer

[Redacted]
This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 09:23 - Apr 7 with 2429 viewsGuthrum

I was also disappointed by Labour's local election launch slogan "The party of lower taxes for working people", rather than promoting better and fairer taxation to fund good public services.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 09:24 - Apr 7 with 2416 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 08:29 - Apr 7 by Buhrer

Openly a board legend and also here just a poster replying to your political thread, noting your recently stated voting record, Blue but not good ITFC Blue, and thinking wot hypocrisy.

Stick to covid conspiracy theories mate. I think that's more your niche.

Iron Lion Zion

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 09:25 - Apr 7 with 2403 viewsHerbivore

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 09:23 - Apr 7 by Guthrum

I was also disappointed by Labour's local election launch slogan "The party of lower taxes for working people", rather than promoting better and fairer taxation to fund good public services.

They are trying to out-Tory the Tories in many respects. The party of law and order, lower taxes - these are all traditional Tory lines.

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 09:26 - Apr 7 with 2400 viewsBuhrer

[Redacted] on 08:54 - Apr 7 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Fair point, maybe thats what I was trying to say in a poor way. I didn't see my post as anything like a fight. Hyped about the footy today and right now, less enamoured of political sniping. Lovely sunny Bank Holiday football and a win.
This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 09:28 - Apr 7 with 2383 viewsBuhrer

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 09:24 - Apr 7 by GlasgowBlue

Stick to covid conspiracy theories mate. I think that's more your niche.

Play the ball eh? I much enjoyed your other post that i read today, where you posted optimism at the flouncers in Feb. Have a great day and here's to s win.
This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 10:21 - Apr 7 with 2256 viewsBlueschev

This is the sort of attack ad you’d expect to see from the Tories on 09:25 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

They are trying to out-Tory the Tories in many respects. The party of law and order, lower taxes - these are all traditional Tory lines.

It's so depressing. What are they saying exactly? Don't worry, more of the same will solve the nation's ills, just as so long as it's us doing it instead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024