Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter sacked 20:07 - Apr 2 with 1747 viewsMelford

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/chelsea-statement-02-04-23

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Potter sacked on 20:08 - Apr 2 with 1729 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Off to Leicester?

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Potter sacked on 20:10 - Apr 2 with 1684 viewsMelford

Potter sacked on 20:08 - Apr 2 by SlippinJimmyJuan

Off to Leicester?

Brendan to Chelsea the other way?

Potter sacked on 20:14 - Apr 2 with 1639 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Potter sacked on 20:10 - Apr 2 by Melford

Brendan to Chelsea the other way?

What a weirdly worded statement - "Graham has agreed to collaborate with the Club to facilitate a smooth transition"

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Potter sacked on 20:14 - Apr 2 with 1626 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Really is a bad decision - they're not going to make top 4 so they might as well have given him the time, you'd think with the extended pre-season effectively, he would come good as he has done elsewhere. Baffling.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Potter sacked on 20:19 - Apr 2 with 1577 viewsTheBoyBlue

Why can't clubs just give managers time these days? Honestly, what do they expect someone to do in such a short space of time? It now seems to be completely normal for teams to have three managers in a season and it is just all sorts of wrong.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Potter sacked on 20:23 - Apr 2 with 1540 viewsnoggin

Potter sacked on 20:19 - Apr 2 by TheBoyBlue

Why can't clubs just give managers time these days? Honestly, what do they expect someone to do in such a short space of time? It now seems to be completely normal for teams to have three managers in a season and it is just all sorts of wrong.

Yeah, we should have given Hurst more time. Who knows where we'd be now.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Potter sacked on 20:31 - Apr 2 with 1487 viewsMelford

Potter sacked on 20:14 - Apr 2 by JammyDodgerrr

Really is a bad decision - they're not going to make top 4 so they might as well have given him the time, you'd think with the extended pre-season effectively, he would come good as he has done elsewhere. Baffling.

I don't know why they got him in in the first place, he's got a history of taking underdog teams with limited resources and building a squad. He got Brighton punching above their weight, but chucking him in into Chelsea he was on a hiding to nothing.

Instead of having a squad finely tuned to how he wanted to play with a backroom staff who could spot a player he had an owner who was playing real life Football Manager who was spunking hundreds of millions on players that Potter had not much say in (if any)and to get some kind of tune out of them.

Potter sacked on 20:32 - Apr 2 with 1484 viewspointofblue

Potter sacked on 20:14 - Apr 2 by SlippinJimmyJuan

What a weirdly worded statement - "Graham has agreed to collaborate with the Club to facilitate a smooth transition"

Is that a really polite way of saying "Graham has agreed to shut the door behind him?"

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Potter sacked on 20:32 - Apr 2 with 1484 viewstractordownsouth

Amazing work from Boehly. Spent £250m in the summer, sacked the last manager three days after the window shut, spunked another £300m, failed to get a striker, dropped to the bottom half of the table below Brighton and Brentford and now sacked another manager.

He's an idiot.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Potter sacked on 20:34 - Apr 2 with 1460 viewstractordownsouth

Potter sacked on 20:31 - Apr 2 by Melford

I don't know why they got him in in the first place, he's got a history of taking underdog teams with limited resources and building a squad. He got Brighton punching above their weight, but chucking him in into Chelsea he was on a hiding to nothing.

Instead of having a squad finely tuned to how he wanted to play with a backroom staff who could spot a player he had an owner who was playing real life Football Manager who was spunking hundreds of millions on players that Potter had not much say in (if any)and to get some kind of tune out of them.

Spending a combined £151m on Cucurella and Mudryk should have been grounds for Boehly having to re-take the FA's fit and proper person test.

Clueless.

Potter sacked on 20:35 - Apr 2 with 1454 viewspointofblue

Potter sacked on 20:34 - Apr 2 by tractordownsouth

Spending a combined £151m on Cucurella and Mudryk should have been grounds for Boehly having to re-take the FA's fit and proper person test.

Clueless.

Interesting even Potter couldn't get Cucurella to refind his previous form, considering he was his manager at Brighton.

Potter sacked on 20:36 - Apr 2 with 1443 viewsringwoodblue

I said right from the outset that he should have stayed at Brighton. He’s too nice for Chelsea and can’t control all their player’s egos

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Potter sacked on 20:37 - Apr 2 with 1426 viewspointofblue

Potter sacked on 20:36 - Apr 2 by ringwoodblue

I said right from the outset that he should have stayed at Brighton. He’s too nice for Chelsea and can’t control all their player’s egos

Another Moyes-like appointment. A manager with success at a smaller club but didn't have the trophies or personality to stamp his authority with players who have already tasted it.

Potter sacked on 20:47 - Apr 2 with 1367 viewsWeWereZombies

Potter sacked on 20:23 - Apr 2 by noggin

F A Cup Quarter-final ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Potter sacked on 21:02 - Apr 2 with 1288 viewsLankHenners

Near-impossible task given the amount of players brought in with seemingly little plan with how it was all meant to work together. Needed the summer to clear out half the squad.

Also tough for Potter is that he came after a manager who was very popular with the fans and despite some poor results before he was sacked was still held in high regard. One of those ones if he didn't win the fans over immediately it was always going to be a struggle to get them on his side.

He's probably also gutted Southgate decided to stay on with England as he'd have walked into that job if it was available.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Potter sacked on 21:22 - Apr 2 with 1201 viewsElderGrizzly

Potter sacked on 20:32 - Apr 2 by pointofblue

Is that a really polite way of saying "Graham has agreed to shut the door behind him?"

£11m a year and a 6 year contract. I’d help for the £50m they now owe him…
Potter sacked on 21:32 - Apr 2 with 1137 viewsMullet

Potter sacked on 21:22 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

£11m a year and a 6 year contract. I’d help for the £50m they now owe him…

I assumed it meant he'd taken some sort of settlement rather than dispute the small print. Presumably his contract will be set out in stages and targets he won't now reach.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Potter sacked on 21:34 - Apr 2 with 1119 viewsLankHenners

Potter sacked on 21:32 - Apr 2 by Mullet

I assumed it meant he'd taken some sort of settlement rather than dispute the small print. Presumably his contract will be set out in stages and targets he won't now reach.

Being reported they don't have to pay the full amount on his contract apparently but I'm sure he'll still have a fair bit of change in his pocket when all is said and done.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Potter sacked on 22:02 - Apr 2 with 1030 viewsElderGrizzly

Potter sacked on 21:34 - Apr 2 by LankHenners

Being reported they don't have to pay the full amount on his contract apparently but I'm sure he'll still have a fair bit of change in his pocket when all is said and done.

Chelsea have a (very bad) habit of paying a fortune to sacked managers

Potter sacked on 22:08 - Apr 2 with 983 viewsTheBoyBlue

Potter sacked on 20:23 - Apr 2 by noggin

But we went down anyway. Perhaps he would've kept us up or taken us back up.

Regardless, its the same clubs constantly sacking managers expecting different results. Yes, its worked with Chelsea and Watford at times, but Sunderland are an example where they just kept going through the same cycle and getting lower and lower.

Just for once, stick with someone and see what they build.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Potter sacked on 22:32 - Apr 2 with 899 viewstractordownsouth

Potter sacked on 22:02 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

Chelsea have a (very bad) habit of paying a fortune to sacked managers

Of all the dodgy dealings the Russians have done over the years, paying £13.4m to Fabio Capello is right up there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024