Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cashin 10:11 - Apr 2 with 3011 viewsWakh

I have seen a few on here suggesting we should try to get him, (Although I doubt the feasibility of that) but that is the third time i have watched him and he looks very average and lacking pace. What am I missing?
Cashin on 10:15 - Apr 2 with 2467 viewsWestcountryblue

I tend to agree. Physical and combative, but other areas of his game seemed to be lacking.
Cashin on 10:22 - Apr 2 with 2414 viewsTalkingBlues

He’s a very good CB, handled Hirst brilliantly and has been great for them this season. You won’t find many CB’s in any league that are going to keep up with Burns.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Cashin on 10:24 - Apr 2 with 2401 viewsWakh

Cashin on 10:22 - Apr 2 by TalkingBlues

He’s a very good CB, handled Hirst brilliantly and has been great for them this season. You won’t find many CB’s in any league that are going to keep up with Burns.

Keep up with burns? Okay...
Cashin on 10:26 - Apr 2 with 2360 viewscatch74

Cashin on 10:22 - Apr 2 by TalkingBlues

Be interesting to see Burgess chase Burns back. We’re lucky that Woolfenden has a deceptive turn of pace - not sure there’s anyone in the league I’d have above his all round game.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Cashin on 10:28 - Apr 2 with 2344 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Thought he was their MOTM at Portman Road; strong, composed, great positioning, hardly put a foot wrong. Yesterday, should have been sent off after 2 minutes.
Cashin on 10:28 - Apr 2 with 2340 viewstractorboy1978

Cashin on 10:26 - Apr 2 by catch74

Be interesting to see Burgess chase Burns back. We’re lucky that Woolfenden has a deceptive turn of pace - not sure there’s anyone in the league I’d have above his all round game.

Said this the other week but Woolfy is ridiculously underrated. Far better CB than Cashin.
Cashin on 10:34 - Apr 2 with 2282 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Cashin on 10:24 - Apr 2 by Wakh

Exactly.

Burns gives Cashin a 30 yard head start and then just breezes past him.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Cashin on 10:50 - Apr 2 with 2169 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Watched him closely yesterday- he wasn’t good. Saw him after the game too as a derby mate knows him and fair to say he was disappointed with how he played. Said we were the best team they’ve played by a mile.
Login to get fewer ads

Cashin on 11:21 - Apr 2 with 2040 viewsTalkingBlues

? ? ? Yeah, Burns is too quick, not just for Cashin

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Cashin on 11:24 - Apr 2 with 2035 viewsMullet

He was poor yesterday, I didn't think many of their players had a great game given we forced so many errors and fouls from them.

I think the calls for a Prem team to take him and develop him aren't unwarranted but I too wonder if he's been a bit hyped up by Derby fans too

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cashin on 11:25 - Apr 2 with 2030 viewssmithy69

Cashin on 10:34 - Apr 2 by You_Bloo_Right

Exactly.

Burns gives Cashin a 30 yard head start and then just breezes past him.

30 yard head start? If that was true Wes would be the fastest man in the world lol
Cashin on 11:33 - Apr 2 with 1978 viewsNthQldITFC

Cashin on 10:28 - Apr 2 by tractorboy1978

Said this the other week but Woolfy is ridiculously underrated. Far better CB than Cashin.

Woolfy reads the game absolutely beautifully these days, which effectively gives him an extra half a yard of starting position over most other centre-halves in this division. Enables him to outclass and pocket virtually every forward I've seen him against this year. Top end Championship quality at least.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Cashin on 11:38 - Apr 2 with 1941 viewsBobsthename

I was one touting for us to sign him but after yesterday i’m thinking maybe not now.
Cashin on 11:38 - Apr 2 with 1943 viewsbilllm

Cashin on 10:50 - Apr 2 by PrideOfTheEast

Watched him closely yesterday- he wasn’t good. Saw him after the game too as a derby mate knows him and fair to say he was disappointed with how he played. Said we were the best team they’ve played by a mile.

Booked after two minutes nullifies any defenders game,
Good player,
Cashin on 11:45 - Apr 2 with 1913 viewsJamestownPrince

I reckon if Derby don't go up, a few Championship clubs will be in for him, wonder if Warne would want Ladapo...
Cashin on 11:47 - Apr 2 with 1899 viewssouthnorfolkblue

You’re missing his point.

He’s not saying that he can keep up with Burns. He’s saying that very few would so that’s not a reason not to think that he’s a decent CB

Poll: Our final position

Cashin on 12:13 - Apr 2 with 1790 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Cashin on 11:25 - Apr 2 by smithy69

30 yard head start? If that was true Wes would be the fastest man in the world lol

When the ball is played into space Burns is 20+ yards in his own half. Cashin is probably in the centre circle. Burns collects the ball approx 10 yards into the Derby half.

So whilst 30 yards is somewhat of an exaggeration I esitmate that Cashin has about 10 yards to cover to get to the ball, Burns about 30 yards. And yes Cashin has to turn whilst Burns is already into his stride.

Nevertheless the point of my exaggeration was to highlight to an earlier poster that in no conceivable way could one say that Cashin kept pace with Burns or has anything like equivalent pace.

Not forgetting, of course, that Wes IS the fastest man in the world.

Cashin on 12:20 - Apr 2 with 1723 viewsTalkingBlues

Cashin on 12:13 - Apr 2 by You_Bloo_Right

When the ball is played into space Burns is 20+ yards in his own half. Cashin is probably in the centre circle. Burns collects the ball approx 10 yards into the Derby half.

So whilst 30 yards is somewhat of an exaggeration I esitmate that Cashin has about 10 yards to cover to get to the ball, Burns about 30 yards. And yes Cashin has to turn whilst Burns is already into his stride.

Nevertheless the point of my exaggeration was to highlight to an earlier poster that in no conceivable way could one say that Cashin kept pace with Burns or has anything like equivalent pace.

Not forgetting, of course, that Wes IS the fastest man in the world.

If that earlier poster was me, then you’ve read the post wrong. What I said, was that there’s hardly any CB’s in any league that could keep up with Burns, so it would be a bit harsh to write Cashin off for that very fact.

Cashin on 12:22 - Apr 2 with 1698 viewsTalkingBlues

Cashin on 10:26 - Apr 2 by catch74

I’d imagine that Burns could run backwards and beat both of them, lol

Cashin on 12:25 - Apr 2 with 1685 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Cashin on 12:20 - Apr 2 by TalkingBlues

If that earlier poster was me, then you’ve read the post wrong. What I said, was that there’s hardly any CB’s in any league that could keep up with Burns, so it would be a bit harsh to write Cashin off for that very fact.

Ah, I see. Then you are correct, I mis-read your post.

Cashin on 12:26 - Apr 2 with 1680 viewsGlasgowBlue

Word is that he will go to a Premier League team then loaned back to a Championship.

I think that if we go for him in the summer then we may well send Edmundson back to Derby as part of the deal.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cashin on 12:28 - Apr 2 with 1670 viewsketton_itfc

The booking definitely had an affect on his game and he was pretty average to say the least after that bar the disallowed goal. However I've always been impressed and thought he was excellent against us back in October.
If and when we get promoted one of the key areas we need to strengthen is at centre back but I think we need someone more physical with more height (sorry Cam) in the Jake Cooper/Aden Flint mould.
Cashin on 12:33 - Apr 2 with 1630 viewsGeoffSentence

Cashin on 11:38 - Apr 2 by billlm

Booked after two minutes nullifies any defenders game,
Good player,

I think he might have 'taken one for the team' when Burns beat him for the second goal had he not already been booked.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Cashin on 13:45 - Apr 2 with 1459 viewsBigCommon

The thing with Cashin, is that its his first full season in their first team as a regular. Hes been largely thrown in at the deep end. And already classed as a stand out player..
He's not the finished article, by any stretch. But, still, a very good LG1 defender, with , potentially, a very very high ceiling.. I think the general feeling is, that he's been playing well above his years and experience... I rate him.
Cashin on 14:16 - Apr 2 with 1342 viewsWickets

It's no reflection on the centre backs we have now but we will need another one for next season .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024